Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 01-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
CJ7
Valued Poster

Default speaking of budgets

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1243039

included in the article

But the Republicans still made a demand, one aimed at prodding Senate Democrats to pass a budget after almost four years of failing to do so: a threat to cut off the pay of lawmakers in either House or Senate if their chamber fails to pass a budget this year.

think cutting pay will have an effect on either side of the aisle?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54993
My ECCIE Reviews

Obama keeps paying lip service to the notion of deficit reduction in a "balanced way". The GOP has now made concessions twice, and still there is no mention whatsoever of any attempt at even the slightest spending reductions.

When exactly does Obama plan on getting around to talking about these mysterious spending cuts that are supposed to be part of a balanced diet er deficit reduction?
SinsOfTheFlesh is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #3
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh View Post
Obama keeps paying lip service to the notion of deficit reduction in a "balanced way". The GOP has now made concessions twice, and still there is no mention whatsoever of any attempt at even the slightest spending reductions.

When exactly does Obama plan on getting around to talking about these mysterious spending cuts that are supposed to be part of a balanced diet er deficit reduction?

wouldnt it be easier to look for yourself than it is to beat your gums together displaying your ignorance?

from the 2013 budget proposal ; cuts by depertment ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...H4AR_blog.html
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #4
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

How many of Obama's budgets have even received one (1) vote in Congress? How much closer would Obama's budget get us to a balanced budget? Why isn't the President pressuring the Democrats in the Senate to get busy on a budget?

You're the one who doesn't know what he is talking about, CBJ7, as usual.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:05 AM   #5
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
How many of Obama's budgets have even received one (1) vote in Congress? How much closer would Obama's budget get us to a balanced budget? Why isn't the President pressuring the Democrats in the Senate to get busy on a budget?

You're the one who doesn't know what he is talking about, CBJ7, as usual.

a totally irrelevant question ... as usual

the answer I gave was to this qusetion

it has absolutely nothing to do with votes ... and if you care to read the article, it answers some of your questions ... assuming you can comprehend what you read?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:09 AM   #6
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Actually laughing out loud here. Truly I am. Did you actually READ the link you just posted?

I um, well, I am pretty willing to bet that you didn't, otherwise you wouldn't have posted the link.

Ok, in broad strokes, lets break your link down:

Agencies with proposed budget cuts:

Agriculture (700 million)
Defense (1%)
EPA (1.2%)
Homeland Security (0.5%)
NASA (0.3%)

One third of one percent? You call that a budget cut???

Now lets look at all the proposed budget increases: (you will note the list is ALOT longer):

Commerce (5% INCREASE)
Education (1.7 BILLION increase)
Energy (3.2% INCREASE)
FDA (700 million increase - full disclosure, increased was proposed to be paid for by additional user fees, primarily from pharmaceutical companies)
Housing and Urban Development (3.2% INCREASE)
Interior (1% INCREASE)
Justice Dept (1.9 BILLION increase)
Labor (1% increase)
National Science Foundation (made out like bandits with a 5% increase)
State Dept (1.6% increase)
Transportation (2% increase)**
Treasury (a whopping 7% increase)
Dept of Veteran Affairs (4.5% increase)

Finally, Agencies who's budgets remain unchanged:

Intelligence
Health and Human Services

**Best quote EVER: "In a year of widespread budget cuts, the Transportation Department is a bright spot" (Apparently modestly trimming budgets for 5 departments while expanding the budgets of more than a dozen others qualifies as "widespread" budget cuts.

Next time, read what you post before you post it. It is also worth noting that your smarmy little link is almost a year old, and his own party wouldn't even pass it.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:14 AM   #7
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Actually laughing out loud here. Truly I am. Did you actually READ the link you just posted?

I um, well, I am pretty willing to bet that you didn't, otherwise you wouldn't have posted the link.

Ok, in broad strokes, lets break your link down:

Agencies with proposed budget cuts:

Agriculture (700 million)
Defense (1%)
EPA (1.2%)
Homeland Security (0.5%)
NASA (0.3%)

One third of one percent? You call that a budget cut???

Now lets look at all the proposed budget increases: (you will note the list is ALOT longer):

Commerce (5% INCREASE)
Education (1.7 BILLION increase)
Energy (3.2% INCREASE)
FDA (700 million increase - full disclosure, increased was proposed to be paid for by additional user fees, primarily from pharmaceutical companies)
Housing and Urban Development (3.2% INCREASE)
Interior (1% INCREASE)
Justice Dept (1.9 BILLION increase)
Labor (1% increase)
National Science Foundation (made out like bandits with a 5% increase)
State Dept (1.6% increase)
Transportation (2% increase)**
Treasury (a whopping 7% increase)
Dept of Veteran Affairs (4.5% increase)

Finally, Agencies who's budgets remain unchanged:

Intelligence
Health and Human Services

**Best quote EVER: "In a year of widespread budget cuts, the Transportation Department is a bright spot" (Apparently modestly trimming budgets for 5 departments while expanding the budgets of more than a dozen others qualifies as "widespread" budget cuts.

Next time, read what you post before you post it. It is also worth noting that your smarmy little link is almost a year old, and his own party wouldn't even pass it.

sure I did ... you ask, I posted the link ... the link may be a year old but thats the way budgets work ... the 2013 proposal is given in 2012, , 2012 in 2011 etc etc etc

your ignorance is still showing
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:20 AM   #8
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

I asked when Obama would get around to talking about spending cuts.

Proposing EXTREMELY modest budget cuts for 5 agencies while at the same time proposing spending increases for 13 others, and no budget changes for 2 agencies is NOT 'talking about spending cuts'.

Further, you are still talking about a year old proposal that his own party wouldn't even vote on. Finally, just yesterday the White House admitted that they will AGAIN be late with their 2014 budget proposal (4 out of the last 5 years).

So, those of us who are anxious to see anything that bears even a vague resemblance to a return to fiscal discipline continue to wait with baited breath for Obama to reveal his magical and mysterious "balanced approach" to reducing the deficit.

CJ, please stop. Your link not only did not prove your point, you actually proved mine.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:42 AM   #9
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Actually, CBJ7, your ignorance is overwhelming. You've just had your ass handed to you by SOTF. But you're used to that by now.

Here's your sign:

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #10
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
I asked when Obama would get around to talking about spending cuts.

Proposing EXTREMELY modest budget cuts for 5 agencies while at the same time proposing spending increases for 13 others, and no budget changes for 2 agencies is NOT 'talking about spending cuts'.

Further, you are still talking about a year old proposal that his own party wouldn't even vote on. Finally, just yesterday the White House admitted that they will AGAIN be late with their 2014 budget proposal (4 out of the last 5 years).

So, those of us who are anxious to see anything that bears even a vague resemblance to a return to fiscal discipline continue to wait with baited breath for Obama to reveal his magical and mysterious "balanced approach" to reducing the deficit.

CJ, please stop. Your link not only did not prove your point, you actually proved mine.
those are his porposals for the 2013 budget, where it goes from there is anybodys guess, he , like every other president has no control over what congress passes .. other than point congress in the direction he wants them to go Obama is out of the spending/cut picture until the finalized bill hits his desk for his signature, after he signs a piece of legislation it then becomes HIS ... demand to see or hear about all the cuts you want to, but ask congress not the POTUS
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #11
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
those are his porposals for the 2013 budget, where it goes from there is anybodys guess, he , like every other president has no control over what congress passes .. other than point congress in the direction he wants them to go Obama is out of the spending/cut picture until the finalized bill hits his desk for his signature, after he signs a piece of legislation it then becomes HIS ... demand to see or hear about all the cuts you want to, but ask congress not the POTUS
LMAO!

CBJ7, you don't know when to STFU. You just had your ass handed to you but you are too stupid to realize it.
NiceGuy53 is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:55 AM   #12
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy53 View Post
LMAO!

CBJ7, you don't know when to STFU. You just had your ass handed to you and you are too stupid to realize it.
how so, by giving someone what they ask for?

by the way, kudos for standing up on the failed to pass a budget thread ... you were the only right leaning poster on the thread that did.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #13
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
how so, by giving someone what they ask for?

by the way, kudos for standing up on the failed to pass a budget thread ... you were the only right leaning poster on the thread that did.
CBJ7, your own link clearly proved the ladies point. She even spelled it out for you in black and white.

I was wrong when I said I could not remember the Senate under Republican control never having passed a budget. When I am wrong about something, I have no problem admitting it. You should try it sometime.
NiceGuy53 is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:07 AM   #14
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy53 View Post
CBJ7, your own link clearly proved the ladies point. She even spelled it out for you in black and white.

I was wrong when I said I could not remember the Senate under Republican control never having passed a budget. When I am wrong about something, I have no problem admitting it. You should try it sometime.

the lady ask for Obamas proposals on spending cuts ... the 2013 budget is exactly that, I didnt or wasnt trying to hide anything or protect Obie as COF calls it .. the link is what it is, no more no less regardless what point the lady had. If it proved her point, fine by me

if you and COF deem that handing me my ass, fine by me too ... considering the source Im not really offended ... in the least
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:19 AM   #15
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

CJ you are so naive. http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...ets/budget.pdf
this is a link to the White House budget proposal
In 2011 the Agriculture Department spent $139,402,000,000, in 2012 they spent $150,686,000,000 which is more, and in the current proposal the Agriculture Department is getting $154,508,000,000 which is more than 2012. You swallowed the hook about discretionary spending but didn't the fisherman who is reeling you in. That is total spending. The budget increases 2.53 percent.

They admit a 5% increase for the Commerce Department.

Now the military budget drops by $12 billion. Yes, 12 billion dollars! A decrease of 2.2%. I thought the wars were over and Al Quieda was on the run?

Now a biggie is intelligence gathering which includes Homeland Security, the Defense department, the wars, interntional loans or grants, CIA, NSA, etc. will be decreased 23.6%... You know, our first line of defense against terrorism and drug cartels and we are cutting a quarter of it.

Page 205 tells the story of the tape; 2012 outlays: $3.796 trillion, 2013 (projected) outlays: $3.803 trillion. Net increase of $7 billion.

You can look up the rest yourself.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women