Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70548
biomed161608
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453117
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48040
pyramider46370
bambino40768
CryptKicker37136
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-18-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Religious Beliefs

So what do you honestly think about Islam?

I've known some rational Muslims, but the religion as a whole seems totally out of whack.

The B-movie that sparked all the protest (The Innocence of Muslims) was created by the sin of actually showing the prophet Mohammad and that is apparently against their religious beliefs.

Really? That's all it takes to start an uprising or was that just an excuse to vent the violence?

. . . The guy who made the movie said simply "Islam is a cancer".

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Have you ever actually read the entire Christian bible? LOL That has to be one of the most violent bibles and is as "whack" as the Quran in my opinion.

Try reading this:
Link: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=124494788

But just like Christians there are many many Muslim believers who do not take everything in the Quran literally..
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #3
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Religion has started more hate than anything else.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
LexusLover
Valued Poster

It seems to me the more "we" discuss the relationship of what is said in a movie or portrayed in a movie (or a book for that matter) and the violence and killing that has occurred and is continuing to occur, the more we give that flawed excuse legs to justify the continued violence against innocents. This is not about some movie .... and if it is .... OUR rights protect those who made it.

What happened to all of those who kept whining about "we are acting no better than they are"?

Well, if "you" whiners are still out there .... quit acting like "them" and criticize them for committing violence because someone is exercising someone's right to free speech, which we protect. You want to set us apart from them with no violence toward them, then set us apart from by upholding the individuals right to free speech.

I mean, Good God, we have been subjected by them to US watching our citizens have their heads sawed off, burned alive and then hung up by the feet like gutted coyotes, and good innocent people jumping out of 20 story windows to keep from burning alive .... those are MOVIES!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #5
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post
People "start" hate. Not books, not religions, not movies, and not songs.

People.

And least someone casts the first stone, look at some of the adjectives and name-calling on this board in these threads. Religion didn't cause that. May be the lack of it or the principles included in them, but not the Religion. It's people trashing others, disrespecting others, marginalizing others, and just being plain rude.

In an attempt to appear "superior" posters on her ridicule and name-call.

Grow up.

Was Ambassador Stevens superior to those who violated him/caused his death?

Yes. Not even close.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #6
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

+1 Sensia

Books about magical happenings and an invisible friend telling people to sacrifice their children, stone their wife and kids, kill others and salt the fields doesn't help from keeping The hate from spreading. Oh and sex is mostly bad.

I like Lewis Black's take on the Old Testament if u don't have time to read the whole thing. After all, it IS his people's book, not really the "Christians" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGrlW...e_gdata_player

The New Testament, the "book" of the Christians is far less violent, but still violent - http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/nt_list.html
LordBeaverbrook is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #7
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensia View Post
Have you ever actually read the entire Christian bible? LOL That has to be one of the most violent bibles and is as "whack" as the Quran in my opinion.

Try reading this:
Link: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=124494788

But just like Christians there are many many Muslim believers who do not take everything in the Quran literally..
The Christian faith underwent a reformation; Islam never has. The past abuses of the Christian faith have largely ended. Fundamentalist Islam has no interest in reforming and becoming more moderate.

Christians believe that the Bible is the INSPIRED word of God. Muslims believe that the Koran is the LITERAL word of God; that belief leaves no room for reform. The Koran was written in the seventh century (610 AD) and reflects the mindset of that time.

Fundamentalist Muslims are determined to freeze human progress at a seventh century stage of development; that's why Muslim countries are such failures. That's why, all over the world, Muslims immigrate from their own failed countries to go live in the infidel countries.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #8
JohnnyCap
BANNED

Encounters: 22

It's a lot harder to get violently angry about religious insults when there's two cars in the driveway, a big screen tv playing Katy Perry and disposable money laying around for blowjobs. I am not sympathetic to Islam or Catholicism, neither can be totally right, but I find it hard to hate them when we shit in more clean water than they have.

I think we should be a bit more angry that a 23 year old punk used government grants to shoot up a Colorado movie theatre. Haven't heard much about that lately, have we?
JohnnyCap is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #9
Bomb Pop
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Your going to go riot? Why? Honey Boo Boo is on. Here have some cheetos.
Bomb Pop is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #10
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post

I agree...!
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #11
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

User ID: 35460
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Popsicle View Post
Your going to go riot? Why? Honey Boo Boo is on. Here have some cheetos.
and some Go-go juice!!
AdventureAdams is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #12
joe bloe
Valued Poster

[QUOTE=SkylarCruzWantsYou;32097 61]and some Go-go juice!![/QUOTE]

It sounds like you're a fan! I'm not surprised.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #13
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

User ID: 35460
My ECCIE Reviews

[QUOTE=joe bloe;3209790]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarCruzWantsYou View Post
and some Go-go juice!![/QUOTE]

It sounds like you're a fan! I'm not surprised.
Takes one to know one doesn't it? Or else you wouldn't know what I was referring to, would ya?
AdventureAdams is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #14
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
People "start" hate. Not books, not religions, not movies, and not songs.

People.

And least someone casts the first stone, look at some of the adjectives and name-calling on this board in these threads. Religion didn't cause that. May be the lack of it or the principles included in them, but not the Religion. It's people trashing others, disrespecting others, marginalizing others, and just being plain rude.

In an attempt to appear "superior" posters on her ridicule and name-call.

Grow up.

Was Ambassador Stevens superior to those who violated him/caused his death?

Yes. Not even close.

When people lock into a faith or belief that their concept is superior to all others that they are right and everyone else is wrong they have no tolerance for other ideas or belief .
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #15
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

It's difficult to argue the facts. Christianity is plagued with violence, confusion, lies, and a crushing guilt that can be quite the handicap. Which is why I made it very simple for me and mine... Follow Jesus, love everyone. Actually it's not as simple as I make it sound. There are so many times I want to rip my hair out over some idiot's views or accusations. NOT being a complete pain in the ass is very difficult for me. I struggle with it every day, but in turn everyday, I help at least one person outside me and mine. It has to start somewhere.
LovingKayla is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women