Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > The Sandbox - Upstate New York
test
The Sandbox - Upstate New York The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70705
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60322
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48427
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41463
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 09-10-2021, 09:50 AM   #1
Withnail
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7
Default 9/11

For those too young to remember, I am sharing this:

On Tuesday morning, 9/11, I was teaching just North of Manhattan. At about 9:30, an announcement was made that a small plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. I figured it was some knucklehead in a Cessna. About 15 minutes later, a young woman in my department ran past my room screaming and crying. A few minutes later I was told that her brother had called her cell in class. He worked for Cantor Fitzgerald, on the 86th floor. He told her, "I'm not going to get out. There are fires. I love you."

Days later I attended his funeral--the first of several I attended without a casket or urn.

My younger brother was NYPD. He worked the midnight tour on The Deuce. He was off-shift and heading home when he was told to turn around. He was on the pile for about two weeks. After the usual cop gallows humor, the search became grim and then hopeless. He's had cancer treatment and is, I think, suffering from PTSD from his service.

I know the above may be upsetting, or perhaps out of place on this board, but I do think younger people need to know.
Withnail is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 09:58 AM   #2
lilylivered
Premium Access

Encounters: 112

It was a lot more personal to you, but it was a tragedy that none, I hope forgets.

Thanks for sharing
lilylivered is online now   Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:01 AM   #3
hardlikker12
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 43

I'm glad you posted it.
hardlikker12 is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 11:17 AM   #4
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

I was at work, Got back to my office before 2nd plane
after that, I was shocked seeing a plane in the air driving to work
most times never see or don't care. Dam I was happy seeing that plane

The day of got boring fast, seems people don't break things if not working glued to a TV or radio. I would have been better for me if it keep busy

one guy I knew was on a plane to go to the T Towers. Found out when trying to get a ride to.from airport. Was stuck till could get a train back

Never forget, sadly many have
offshoredrilling is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 02:45 PM   #5
Bigdaddy14606
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 54

I am good friends with a guy who worked in tower 2. He had a morning meeting that was very important. He ended up very sick and attended the meeting by phone from a coffee shop about 2 blocks away. To this day his life is still a struggle. There are many more victims then the death toll
Bigdaddy14606 is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 11:00 PM   #6
Lakeside2016
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 6

Twenty years ago, today, I was busy setting up a DMS computer lab at NCTS Diego Garcia. When word of the first plane hitting the WTC, my first thought was that there had been a tragic navigational error or malfunction on the plane. When word of a second plane hitting the other tower hit, I said, "We just went to war." Being on the other side of the world, it was evening for me. I knew we would be going on alert soon, so I stopped what I was doing, and went to get dinner (figuring I would be up all night, and I skipped breakfast and lunch due to my workload.) I grabbed a dinner from the burger joint near my barracks, and headed to my room to eat and change into a fresh uniform. As I was walking to my room, my roommate told me another plane had hit the Pentagon. The TV was on and we stood by to hear what directions would be given. We did go on alert and I was up all night standing by to assist.
Lakeside2016 is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 11:24 PM   #7
12InchClock
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

I wonder how many people were fucking while this happend?

On a more serious note.....

I was in middle school and in the middle of class the teacher turned on the news and we watched the updates on the towers and pentagon. Some kids parents came to pick them up and some had loved ones in the building. Tragic day in American history.
12InchClock is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 03:53 AM   #8
bf0082
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

9/11 ty George bush and gop.
bf0082 is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 04:34 AM   #9
woodywouldpekher
Premium Access

Encounters: 82

I was at work and my wife (now ex) was at home. I heard about the first plane hitting the north tower about 15 minutes after it happened. I immediately thought of two people.

Two of my sisters-in-law worked in the south tower. One on the 43rd floor and the other on the 51st floor. Occupants of the south tower were initially "advised" to stay in place after the plane hit the north tower. Many did not follow that advice and evacuated the building anyway.

My 2 sisters-in-law were among those who ignored the advice and evacuated their building. One had just left the building and the other was walking through the lobby when the second plane hit their building.

It was very late evening before we got news that the girls were out and were safe. It was a (for lack of a better word) happy ending for our family. For so many other families, sadly, it was not.
woodywouldpekher is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 06:34 AM   #10
valkyra
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 521559
My ECCIE Reviews

I was very, very young. I remember everyone was ushered into the gymnasium in the elementary school and a lot of people were quiet and parents were coming to pick up their kids. my mom was deployed at the time and not around - my grandparents couldn't pick me up until after work. i ended up going home with a good friend who lived on my street. the gravity of what happened didn't really hit me until the next day or so, everything just seemed frantic and blurred.

thank you for sharing this. never forget
valkyra is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 07:28 AM   #11
rooster
Sick up and fed....

Encounters: 12

I don't do well with heights. I love the view from them, but every time I went up to the top of places like the WTC, I would always think about what a nightmare it would be to fall from a height like that. And then....we all had to watch while a bunch of people chose that death over one by smoke inhalation and being burned.

I am an atheist, but as I watched those people jump, I dearly wished that there WAS a hell...and that the people that forced them into making that choice would have a very special spot in it.

There is nothing worse than taking the lives of innocent people.

Nothing.

rooster is online now   Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 08:28 AM   #12
Carlos Danger
Valued Poster

Captured at last. Whew

Carlos Danger is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 10:45 AM   #13
CryptKicker
Quatsch!

Encounters: 14

I used to work for AT&T and was on a community relations team that went to schools and made presentations. This day I was in a dinosaur costume and when I heard the 2nd tower was hit I told the folks in the class I was in that I had to leave. I went back to the office and the call center that I worked out of closed and watched the events for 4 hours before we finally reopened the phones. Most people were crying and wondering what would happen next. Telephone service is considered an essential service and we had no choice but to stay and answer the calls. I was glad that I was in a position that didn't require me to be customer facing. I spent the rest of the day being comforting to those that just couldn't handle what was going on. 9-11 is hard for me because I lost a lot of friends that I went to college with and moved to NYC to start their financial career. I was glad I chose another path and was still in Texas.
CryptKicker is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women