Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60379
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41551
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35924
Mojojo33117

Old Yesterday, 03:37 PM   #1
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25
Default Economy close to tanking?

I wonder if the Fed cutting interest rates by .5% means the economy is worse than all the numbers the Biden administration is putting out there.
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM   #2
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Of course! all they do is lie
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM   #3
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

You clearly don’t understand the primary purpose of the feds interest rate.

Raising the rates increases borrowing costs for banks and consequently for businesses and consumers. This is intended to inhibit the growth of the economy and incentivize people to save money. It has the side effect of inhibiting employment as well. Keep it too high for too long and you risk a recession.

Lowering the rates is intended to have the opposite effect. To increase borrowing, growth, and employment. It inhibits savings in favor of investment.

Why would lowering rates indicate that the economy is “tanking “?
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM   #4
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

If you’re really worried about the economy you should worry that Trump will instigate a government shutdown.

On Wednesday afternoon, Trump chimed in on Truth Social, exhorting Republicans to take a hard line on the SAVE Act. “If Republicans don’t get the SAVE Act, and every ounce of it, they should not agree to a Continuing Resolution in any way, shape, or form,” Trump wrote, recklessly indifferent to the prospect of a government shutdown.
Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM   #5
Unique_Carpenter
Chasing a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Yes
yes
Wrong
Good
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM   #6
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Default House Republicans reject their own funding bill with a shutdown around the corner

A handful of Republicans voted to derail Speaker Johnson's plan linking funding to a Trump-backed voter ID bill. The government will shut down on Oct. 1 unless Congress acts.

With the Nov. 5 general election just 48 days away, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., is warning that a shutdown would be politically devastating for the GOP.

"One thing you cannot have at the government shutdown would be politically beyond stupid for us to do that right before the election," McConnell said Tuesday, "because certainly we'd get the blame.”

Read the full article for the whole story. I only posted excerpts from the article.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...act-rcna171635
Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM   #7
royamcr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
If you’re really worried about the economy you should worry that Trump will instigate a government shutdown.

On Wednesday afternoon, Trump chimed in on Truth Social, exhorting Republicans to take a hard line on the SAVE Act. “If Republicans don’t get the SAVE Act, and every ounce of it, they should not agree to a Continuing Resolution in any way, shape, or form,” Trump wrote, recklessly indifferent to the prospect of a government shutdown.
Is that the save trump's ass act?
royamcr is online now   Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM   #8
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmstud60 View Post
I wonder if the Fed cutting interest rates by .5% means the economy is worse than all the numbers the Biden administration is putting out there.

I went shopping at HEB tonight, which tells me everything I need to know about a horrible economy.

Only a big time democrat living in some sort of alternate universe can deny the economy tanking.
DEAR_JOHN is online now   Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM   #9
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

Quote:
You know about as much about economics as Trump evidently. He pondered the same thing. Meaning neither of you have any clue about monetary policy and the rationale for lowering interest rates after having raised them.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM   #10
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

The OP is just parroting Trump. This is not good news for Trump's campaign, so he is just shitting all over it for his own gain.

I will let you MAGAs in on a little secret, your master is just blowing smoke up your asses as usual. Luckily for Trump, you folks will continue to spread those butt cheeks wide to make it easier for him to do so.

It is funny that when Trump was president, he constantly bitched about how the fed should lower the interest rates more. Now that it does not benefit his agenda, he states otherwise. What a shocking coincidence.
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM   #11
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Quote:

No, it was simply a bulllshit ploy 55 days ahead of the election. Those who know economics are laughing at this.
DEAR_JOHN is online now   Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM   #12
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN View Post
No, it was simply a bulllshit ploy 55 days ahead of the election. Those who know economics are laughing at this.
I’m speechless.
Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM   #13
Fizley
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

All my business contacts indicate the economic activity is strong out here in California
Fizley is offline   Quote
Old Today, 05:12 AM   #14
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
You know about as much about economics as Trump evidently. He pondered the same thing. Meaning neither of you have any clue about monetary policy and the rationale for lowering interest rates after having raised them.

I have forgotten more about economics than you will ever know Blackman.
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old Today, 05:21 AM   #15
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

I will add this, FS, Look at the stock market today to know what they think about this recent rate cut. It never lies unlike that piece of shit Trump whom you champion.
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women