Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 03-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
timpage
Account Disabled

Default DOJ bocks Texas Voter ID law

Excellent news.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/12/politi...law/index.html
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

You'd think it would be a"No-Brainer" but somewhere in the back of Karl Rove's mind there was probably an attempt to automatically delete anyone from the voter rolls who called the registrar's office and pressed "2" for Spanish.

Buying collard greens at the grocery store would have probably gotten your whole family expunged from the rolls.
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Finally.. yes, good news.
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Ridiculous. The Obama Administration depends on illegal votes. So who is surprised that the Administration overturned these laws, that the citizens wanted. Why bother to vote, or voice an opinion, the Administration will do whatever the hell it wants to in order to stay in power. Can't get an ID. What bullshit.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #5
gnadfly
Account Disabled

This is the part from the article that I don't understand:
Quote:
Under the data provided in January, Hispanics make up only 21.8% of all registered voters, but fully 38.2% of the registered voters who lack these forms of identification. Thus, we conclude that the total number of registered voters who lack a driver's license or personal identification card issued by (the state Department of Public Safety) could range from 603,892 to 795,955," Perez said in the letter, addressed to the director of elections for the Texas secretary of state.
Almost 40 percent of the registered Hispanics don't have a govt ID? How the fuck not? In this white man's world you can't get a drivers license, credit card, checking account, car insurance, apt lease, hotel rental, airline ticket, gym membership,cell phone, etc without a valid id. Can you get food stamps and welfare benefits without an ID?

What this tells me is that many illegals walked up to a voter registration drive booth and registered. Is there a law saying you can't register without a valid id?
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #6
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
This is the part from the article that I don't understand:
Almost 40 percent of the registered Hispanics don't have a govt ID? How the fuck not? In this white man's world you can't get a drivers license, credit card, checking account, car insurance, apt lease, hotel rental, airline ticket, gym membership,cell phone, etc without a valid id. Can you get food stamps and welfare benefits without an ID?

What this tells me is that many illegals walked up to a voter registration drive booth and registered. Is there a law saying you can't register without a valid id?
That is a paradox that lefties cannot satisfactorily explain.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #7
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Someone, who is against it, explain why requiring some form of identification to vote is a bad thing?
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #8
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Even the thread starter won't even respond Boltfan. COG is right, its good news....to the Obama re-election campaign.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #9
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
COG is right, its good news....to the Obama re-election campaign.
Give me a friggin' break! This is a voter id law in Texas. It's not like Texas is a purple state, it is solid red! Obama has about as much of a chance of winning all of the Texas electoral votes as a.........

Well for lack of a better word........................ a Houston TURDfly!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #10
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Bueller...

Bueller...

Bueller...
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:22 AM   #11
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
Bueller...

Bueller...

Bueller...
hes not here!
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:30 AM   #12
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

These voter identification laws are about any election BUT the Presidential Election. COF, IBH and the rest of you shills for the right, put your thinking cap on and take your blinders off to the fact that your obsession about Obama makes you a perfect dupe for the Cock Broz, Karl Rove and the other ultra righty pimps.

The above quote about the "estimation" of the number of Latino voters who it was "concluded" by the state of texas "might" not be eligible voters is the only item presented by this glorious state. Texas never even bothered to present any such like "evidence" with regards to other minority communities such as blacks or asians. And nowhere did they, nor has any other state, present any actual instances of voter fraud.

There was a quote on "Justified" last night that really speaks to the source of real voter fraud. It centered around the sheriff's race. Boyd, the guy running against the incumbant and a few others were were discussing the impact of Boyd's interruption at the candidates' debate and Boyd allowd as to how they shouldn't get ahead of themselves bacause, "well, we all know that elections aren't over until the last vote in the cemeteries are counted." Texas and the other southern states might want to take a look at all the old, fat, white men and women who are the county election board secretaries. Just a thought.

Oh, and by the way, for those of you who might have seen that last night, who are the "company men" in most elections?
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:48 AM   #13
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Give me a friggin' break! This is a voter id law in Texas. It's not like Texas is a purple state, it is solid red! Obama has about as much of a chance of winning all of the Texas electoral votes as a.........

Well for lack of a better word........................ a Houston TURDfly!
LOL....Yea like Texas will now go blue because of this ruling!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:59 AM   #14
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Kansas came out with a voter ID when they listed all the things you could use it only excluded a written note from your mother.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:40 AM   #15
mastermind238
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

All you lefties and your Obama Ejaculation Syndrome! That cum in your eye must be preventing you from seeing the REAL reason we want voter ID laws - TO PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE BALLOT BOX. It matters not a damned bit whether Obama has a chance of winning Texas. It's not about Obama. It's about whether we can have faith that our elections are decided by ELIGIBLE voters.

If you don't think voter fraud happens all the time, you are simply not paying attention. I was a poll watcher in a Madison, Wisconsin election. Yeah, Madison, one of the whitest cities in one of the whitest states in the Union. No fear of minorities - legal or not - stealing elections. But in Wisconsin back then we had same-day registration and no photo ID required. In just the 8 hours I was there I must have seen a half dozen kids come in and vote multiple times. All it took was a utility bill with a name and an address on it. Phone bill in your name? One vote. Gas bill in your roommate's name? Another vote for you. Electric bill in your other roommate's name? Another vote for you.

Here's a video showing how simple it is in a "white" state like Vermont:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...20in%20Vermont

And the fact is that in states like Vermont or Wisconsin, there's about a million-to-one chance that this kind of fraud would ever be detected, much less prosecuted. So citing statistics about the rarity of voter fraud prosecutions is meaningless. It's not a crime very many people are willing to try and detect, much less stop.

And why is that? Back to the Wisconsin story. I took my observations of OBVIOUS AND PROVABLE voter fraud to my team captain. He just shook his head and told me that if I knew what was good for me to keep my mouth shut. And why is that? Because I was a poor post-doc at the University, and I'd spend the rest of my life paying off legal bills I was sure to incur from trying to defend myself from the onslaught of civil-rights lawsuits that would be sure to follow if I dared to interfere with a person's "right to vote." Don't underestimate the power of the ACLU to intimidate with threats of bankrupting lawsuits.
mastermind238 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women