Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41456
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 08-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Obama Refuses to Pay Overtime

Mr. "I'm Much More Sensitive To The Needs Of Workers" President Obama has refused to pay overtime for policemen assigned to cover his recent $35,000 per attendee fundraiser in Connecticut.

Yup. Union labor can count on him, unless it's coming out of his pocket. Lying hypocrite.

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2012...g-obama-visit/

And if you find an article where Romney has done the same thing - I haven't seen one - he's a lying hypocrite, too.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:27 AM   #2
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Mr. "I'm Much More Sensitive To The Needs Of Workers" President Obama has refused to pay overtime for policemen assigned to cover his recent $35,000 per attendee fundraiser in Connecticut.

Yup. Union labor can count on him, unless it's coming out of his pocket. Lying hypocrite.

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2012...g-obama-visit/

And if you find an article where Romney has done the same thing - I haven't seen one - he's a lying hypocrite, too.

"The New Register reports that an executive of the Democratic National Committee wrote that as a private organization it did not participate in security, traffic control, fire or emergency planning. She referred questions to the Secret Service.

“I didn’t expect that we would get repayment, but it was worthwhile to ask,” Joseloff told the Register."

Sounds like common practice....as is your phony outrage.

It also sounds like they're getting paid the overtime, just not by the DNC. So you lied.

Again.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:28 AM   #3
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Not really, once again Obama takes advantage of the taxpayer to fund his personal shit..
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Sure Doove, the community has to pay overtime, it's the law. The reason they have to pay overtime is because the President came to town to raise money. It was not a necessary trip, and he left the local economy holding the bag, and won't even help out with extra expenses that he caused to be incurred.

You will defend anything the President does, no matter who is harmed, won't you?
Old 08-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #5
Dawgs
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Unfortunately, this is the same on both sides of the street.
Dawgs is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
UB9IB6
Account Disabled

RobMe does not pay for secret service protection.
UB9IB6 is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

That's a different issue entirely, UB0. This community was required to use their own police force to assist in the protection of the President. It was not an item for which they had budgeted. Since it was a fundraising stop, the campaign should reimburse them for extra expenses incurred. It just shows Obama's disdain for working people, while he mouths lies to the opposite.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #8
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
That's a different issue entirely, UB0. This community was required to use their own police force to assist in the protection of the President. It was not an item for which they had budgeted. Since it was a fundraising stop, the campaign should reimburse them for extra expenses incurred. It just shows Obama's disdain for working people, while he mouths lies to the opposite.

small potatos ... ask the Romulan how much the secret service protection costs US taxpayers for his european fundraisers ...

anyway a good city manager would have a budget that made allowences for unplanned events or emergencies etc ...
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #9
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

So, blame the community, not the community organizer. Spoken like a true Obamaton.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #10
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Someone really needs to teach you how to use Google Search.

http://www2.ohio-votes.com/news/2012...ne-ar-1144938/

"In Chillicothe, the mayor says the city spent around $4,500 dollars in extra expenses for Mitt Romney's visit last week. He says the city budgets money for visits like this into the general budget.

The Franklin County Sheriff's Office has also been recruited to work detail for visits from Jill Biden, Vice-President Joe Biden, President Obama, Mitt Romney, and Rick Santorum this year. The price tag for all of those visits totals nearly $40,000.

The communities say they budget for the trips and added costs, and add that there is no reimbursement for the extra money spent for security."

COG is outraged at the president of the sausage factory because what he runs is......a sausage factory.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #11
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
So, blame the community, not the community organizer. Spoken like a true Obamaton.
I didnt blame anyone ... just pointed out what a good city manager should have done to protect his community

see the difference?

sure you dont.

oh, apparently they have a good city manager and COF has a problem with comprehension or telling lies
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #12
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Tell you what. Just to be fair, I'll be outraged, but I won't be outraged at you not being outraged. We'll all just keep our personal outrage, or lack thereof, as we see fit.

Although I do think a campaign stop is different than a fundraising stop. And if Romney goes to a fundraiser, and costs the local community unexpected money in security costs, then he damn well better pay them, too. Local taxpayers shouldn't have to help candidates raise funds.

LOL! I can only hope that Gary Johnson would cost a local community extra money in security costs when he attends a fundraiser. If that ever happens, he can damn well pay the difference, too. But I don't think security is a big issue for Gary - YET!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #13
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Tell you what. Just to be fair, I'll be outraged, but I won't be outraged at you not being outraged. We'll all just keep our personal outrage, or lack thereof, as we see fit.
So you hate the process. Fair enough.

Can't wait to see what your next anti-Obama outrage is for his doing what everyone else at his level has done since the dawn of time. Keep up the good work!
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #14
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Unlike you, Doove, I expected Obama to be better than the rest. You apparently expected very little from him, which is why you are not disappointed.

So Obama behaves like every other politician we've ever had. This is a reason to vote for him?
Old 08-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #15
CJ7
Valued Poster

I made up my mind to give the guy a chance too ... specifically, Iraq/Afghanistan

he lost me right there

when he put personal agenda ahead of the economy ... poof, off the radar.
CJ7 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women