Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 05-02-2013, 12:12 AM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Parents or the State - Who Decides

In this article titled California Medical Tyranny a question is raised about who gets to determine the medical agenda for a child. Should it be the State, or the parents? Now, we are not talking about religious fanatics who deny medical treatment to their children while they "pray the demons out", we are talking about responsible parents who simply wanted a second opinion.

What say you? Here's the article:

Medical tyranny received judicial sanction in California Monday when a judge ruled that parents fighting to get their baby back from Child Protective Services kidnappers must follow all medical advice including not taking their baby from the hospital until the Big Pharma-trained goon squad gives the OK.

Anna and Alex Nikolayev’s ordeal with the medical police state began when they took 5-month-old Sammy to Sacramento’s Stutter Memorial Hospital for treatment after he began exhibiting flu-like symptoms. They chose Stutter because that’s where Sammy had been receiving treatment for a heart murmur since birth. The attending physician prescribed antibiotics for the child’s viral infection — despite the fact that antibiotics are ineffective against viral infections — and admitted him to the pediatric intensive care unit for observation. When they questioned a nurse about why the doctor had prescribed antibiotics, the nurse told them she did not know.

Within days, the physician began talking about the possibility of heart surgery for Sammy. Anna Nikolayev said she had grown increasingly concerned about the care Sammy was receiving and decided to take him to Kaiser Permanente for a second opinion. The family admits they didn’t get a discharge before removing their son. The doctor at Kaiser Permanente told them Sammy didn’t need antibiotics.

While the family was still at Kaiser Permanente, police officers showed up. They told the Nikolayevs that the people at “Sutter was telling them so much bad stuff that they thought that this baby is dying on our arms,’” Anna Nikolayev said.

The Kaiser Permanente doctor told police and the Nikolayevs that Sammy could go home and there was no concern for his safety in their care. But police arrived at the Nicolayevs’ home a couple of days later with a CPS worker, pushed Alex Nikolayev against the house, threw him to the ground and took his house keys. Police then took Sammy from Anna Nikolayev’s arms, telling her: “I’m going to grab your baby, and don’t resist, and don’t fight me, OK?”

While Sammy was in CPS custody and in the hospital, his parents could see him only for short periods of time but had no control over his care.

After Monday’s hearing the Sacramento County judge ordered Sammy be transferred to Stanford hospital. The Nikolayevs cannot remove him without a “proper discharge” and must allow a county government functionary to make regular house visits — to ensure the family is reminded who really owns their child — once Sammy goes home.

I suppose I'll get flamed if I imply that this could possibly be an outrage, so I'll leave it up to you. Is this a proper use of the State's police powers?

More here: http://personalliberty.com/2013/05/0...dical-tyranny/
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:43 AM   #2
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Encounters: 7

Not so much the medical community, but rather the SUPPOSEDLY well meaning but obviously WAY misguided CPS (Child Protective Services). Somehow there has to be a muzzle put on these idiots. Yes, in some circumstances, they do credit to protecting children, but apparently, there are some just a bit out of control. At least for now, and hopefully, a lot longer, the parents have regained custody.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story...storyid=314266
chefnerd is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:39 AM   #3
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

I o0nce left a hospital ER after waiting for over 4 hours for a look-see by a doctor. They did not like that I was leaving at all, almost to the point that I felt "pressured" to stay. They had me sign a release stating that I left against their advice.

California, Texas, fill in the state as it does not matter where, the laws are designed to protect the institutions and not the individual. This particular case is a classic example of how the slippery slope works against the individual and emphasizes the grasp of government over our personal and private lives.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:02 AM   #4
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

I think removing a 5 month old sick baby with a known heart murmur against medical advice is a very bad idea.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:02 AM   #5
timpage
Account Disabled

Anybody want to bet there is more to this story in regard to the parents' behavior that resulted in CPS getting interested?
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

It's all about the money..
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #7
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

WTF Cog? These are the same people (CPS) you are advocating to take care of all the failed abortion babies. I don't get you at all on these issues.
nwarounder is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #8
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Your point is obnoxoius - Because CPS is a dysfunctional government service the public has to accept abortion on demand?

][/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarounder View Post
WTF Cog? These are the same people (CPS) you are advocating to take care of all the failed abortion babies. I don't get you at all on these issues.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #9
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Your point is obnoxoius - Because CPS is a dysfunctional government service the public has to accept abortion on demand?

][/B]
My point is the mother should choose, not a dysfuntional government service or an old grey haired Republican.
nwarounder is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

The mother was trying to choose, nwa. The State wouldn't let her get a second opinion. The State forced her to comply with the initial opinion.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women