Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70703
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41461
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 01-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Utah Biz Owner Fires Employees Because They Supported Obama

Hey, you have to make cuts somewhere.

From HuffPo:

A business owner in Utah has become the latest employer to blame President Obama's health care reform bill for layoffs and has doubled down on his public disdain for the current administration by admitting he singled out Obama supporters.

Terry Lee, owner of Cedar City-based Terry Lee Forensics, told the Salt Lake Tribune that he was so impressed by a Vernal, Utah, smoothie bar's policy of asking liberal patrons to pay more, that he, too, took action to recoup losses he said were incurred by Obamacare.

George Burnett, owner of I Love Drilling Smoothie & Juice Bar, said recently he is asking liberal customers to pay an extra dollar for their beverages.

Lee posted a commiserating comment on The Tribune's smoothie bar story this week:

Love it. We had to let two employees go to cover new Obongocare [sic] costs and increased taxes. Found two Obongo supporters and gave them the news yesterday. They wanted the idiot in the Whitehouse [sic], they reap the benefits.

Can you hire/fire based on political views?

No state or federal laws would protect employees against this sort of dismissal — unless they work for the government. [Source]

Gawker called the business owner "racist" though there is no proof of that.

Read more and find links to sources at http://www.reagancoalition.com/artic...PKIUYKIbToh.99 [/COLOR]
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Fuck the both of them.
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Now they are dependent on Obama and unemployment benefits.

It's a catch 22
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #4
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

as far as the business owner in utah, i think both sides in that situation are happy with the decision. obamacare will be free, unemployment compensation, food stamps, happy days are here again.

the bar owner's liberal patrons, if he has any left, should accept the logic of being charged more, however no liberal is logical so there might be animosity there.
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #5
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

there are a bunch if stupid mofo's that think only conservatives hire and fire. tell ya a true story, my realtor kept bitching about obama while I was building a house to sell and it was under contract for him to sell. when that contract expired, I did not renew with his company. I sold that house for 3.2 million and he missed out on a potential commission of 192k.... so that shit works both ways
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Good for you there WTF.
Sometimes speaking your mind is worth more than money and deciding who you do business with is still something that we can still choose, At least in some cases.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #7
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default I love the smell of fired Tea pukes in the morning!

Saved me 192k in commission. I was kinda glad he talked shit and pissed me off.

You see 2Dogs, I do not mix business and politics. He thought I was a Republican because I would just nod and agree with him when he went on his rants. I honored my end of the contract and had he sold the house in the prescribed time frame, I would have honored our contract. But he didn't and i threw up a sign after the house was completed, threw a couple of open houses and sold in in no time.

So I like to mix it up in here but those Obama/Romney supporters ought to leave that shit at the front door of work, nobody wants to hear that shit at work. Or risk getting fired like I did to the guy!

Like I said , it is a two way street and folks are fools if they mix that shit up at work! Shit half these hookers that post in here do it to drum up business. In their case it is smart to mix politics and work!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #8
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Encounters: 7

I guess when you post things filtered through the blinders of an OBSESSIVE HATRED anything is believable. Let's see: from his Facebook page…

Terry Lee Forensics
Yesterday
Thank you for your interest in Terry Lee Forensics.

If you have reached this site due to the erroneous newspaper article originating in the Salt Lake Tribune, here are some interesting facts regarding the article:

1. I am the sole-proprietor of this business and I have no employees.

2. For a number of years I have been performing digital forensics as a sole operator Private Investigator in the state of Utah.

3. I have decided to expand operations outside the state of Utah by starting this company.

4. I have no employees.

5. I would never fire anyone based on how they vote. Voting in this country is a right we should all be proud to exercise.

6. I do not use any accounting services, yet.

I realize we all tend to believe the printed word, however, sometimes things are not as they appear.

http://www.facebook.com/TerryLeeForensics?fref=ts

Stop with the Kool-Aid already.

And NO, I am not a libtard. I just dislike unsubstantiated bullshit.
chefnerd is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #9
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
there are a bunch if stupid mofo's that think only conservatives hire and fire. tell ya a true story, my realtor kept bitching about obama while I was building a house to sell and it was under contract for him to sell. when that contract expired, I did not renew with his company. I sold that house for 3.2 million and he missed out on a potential commission of 192k.... so that shit works both ways
Can I buy a house off you!

It needs 6 bedrooms, one for me (on the east wing) and 5 for my babies (on the west wing).

You think I'm joking?
essence is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #10
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Gee, Chef. I guess if it was posted on his Facebook page, it must be true, even though a Salt Lake City Tribune reported questioned him about it, and reported his answers to them. You just love to assume hate when you can't refute. Here's the article where Lee is interviewed:

Terry Lee, owner of Terry Lee Forensics, showed his support for the Vernal smoothie bar’s practice of trying to recoup the costs it says are incurred because of liberal policies by posting in the comments section of a story about it in Thursday’s Salt Lake Tribune.

"Love it. We had to let two employees go to cover new Obongocare [sic] costs and increased taxes," Lee wrote. "Found two Obongo supporters and gave them the news yesterday. They wanted the idiot in the Whitehouse [sic], they reap the benefits."

Contacted by The Tribune Thursday, Lee said he picked the two employees in large part on the basis of their politics.

"They were Obama supporters. We just knew they were," Lee said. "I implied that sort of tongue and cheek [in the comments section] but there were other issues, too. They were not top performers."

"Is your political affiliation protected?" he added, explaining that he thought what he did was not illegal. "I don’t believe it is, but I don’t know."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/5...costs.html.csp

Here are the comments that remained after Lee deleted his "Obongo" comment:

NotClarkKent
Are you admitting that you fired two employees because of their politics? Please do let us know what the name of your company is.

Like Reply
6 days ago in reply to Guest 7 Likes

ChairmanMauzer
Terry Lee Forensics: https://www.facebook.com/pages...

Like Reply
6 days ago in reply to NotClarkKent 3 Likes

r_dale
But Terry here is not racist, no sir! "Obongo" isn't the least bit racist, it's just...funny, ha ha! I hope you are out on the street soon, jerk; you deserve to be standing in line for a bed at the shelter.

Like Reply
6 days ago in reply to Guest 10 Likes

djcmsgtretired
Funny I see no record of your military service, Mr Lee, on your Facebook page. Too bad because if you were ever in the military and were still accepting a retainer, you could be punished under the UCMJ. Too bad.

Like Reply
6 days ago in reply to Guest 5 Likes

Guy Incognito \m/(>.<)\m/
I don't think that's a military uniform he's wearing. I think it's some goofball fraternal organization uniform.

Like Reply
6 days ago in reply to djcmsgtretired 6 Likes

ChairmanMauzer
He's a Mason. Could have something to do with that.

6 days ago in reply to Guy Incognito 1 Like

D2O
Racist PIG — I hope you get in a fatal auto accident today.

Like Reply
6 days ago in reply to Guest 1 Like

slippast
Collapse
If not illegal a move like that is certainly unethical. But it's clear that a guy like you has no idea what ethics are. If this is true at all I hope your employees call the ACLU and you find legal papers in the mail tomorrow.

In case you decide to delete your post I'll quote it for posterity: "Love it. We had to let two employees go to cover new Obongocare costs and increased taxes. Found two Obongo supporters and gave them the news yesterday. They wanted the idiot in the Whitehouse, they reap the benefits."

Like Reply
6 days ago in reply to Guest 6 Likes F

Zig
Mr. Coward Terry Lee deleted his comment. Surely someone in your line of business knows that it never goes away. Your ugly racist comments have been saved, and now are available for the whole world to see.

Like Reply
5 days ago in reply to Guest 1 Like

So the question is, Is Lee lying to the SL Tribune, or on his Facebook page? But knock off that "drenched in hate" bullshit.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #11
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
Now they are dependent on Obama and unemployment benefits.

It's a catch 22
Which is exactly what O'Blunder wants...
EXTXOILMAN is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #12
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Encounters: 7

No, I did not assume. I derived it from your thousands of posts. Also, his claim of firing people because of Obamacare is total bullshit. He has nine employees total. The costs do of providing insurance do go into effect until he has 50 full time employees.

From the same Salt Lake City Tribune article sir:

After letting the two part-time contract workers go, Terry Lee Forensics has nine employees who work with local law enforcement and attorneys to retrieve digital data from encrypted computer hard drives. Terry Lee would not release the names of the two part-timers.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/5...costs.html.csp
chefnerd is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #13
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I'm only quoting him. Argue with him if you want. On his FB page, he says he had no employees. YOU posted that. Now you post that he has nine employees. You're the one that can't get the story straight. I proved he said what he said. I have no idea why he said it, but he said what he said.

Again, I post the truth, and libs go berserk. Twist it some more, Chef. Not going to change what he said.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #14
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post

Again, I post the truth, and libs go berserk. .
You're a fucking liar. The libs are already beserk. They can;t 'go' beserk.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #15
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Yes he is... And tedious!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women