Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70546
biomed161573
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453117
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48032
pyramider46370
bambino40733
CryptKicker37134
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Exit polls show religious intolerance

The Last Word Rewriting exit polls on religious intolerance

In the latest Rewrite, Lawrence O'Donnell explains what the results from Super Tuesday's vote show about religious intolerance in American politics.
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
essence
Valued Poster

Doesn;t seem to me to be very good reporting, lots of questions unanswered and a biased presentation.

If you say a candidate's religion is important, do you mean you favour it or are against it? Many might consider Romney's faith an important influence, they wouldnot vote for him because of it. Similarly Sanitorium.

But they are all hypocrites and liars, baring their christian credentials to gather votes. They climb over each other to say how much they have been saved. Romney is trying to present himself as a mainstream christian.

Have any recent candidates or presidents said they were atheist or agnostic?

See how much of a taunt it is to lie about Obama's muslim background. I can't remember his name, but one of those idiots (a 'journalist' and potential candidate) wrote a book and got it all wrong (on purpose).
essence is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

MSNBC.....
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

Gosh I wonder how that could POSSIBLY be? How about something with research to back up every word...

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=399341
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #5
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I believe Joseph Liebermann got quite a bit of stick over his adherence to Orthodox Judaism...
Too bad really. I thought he was quite an intelligent fellow.
Don't Be Daft! is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #6
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

One man's intolerance is another man's persecution......ijs.
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #7
Sensia
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I loved the movie clip he used toward the end of that video:

“I may be wrong but I suspect our churches already have enough political phonies in them. I don’t see how we can have a separation of church and state in this government if you have to pass a religious test to get into this government, and I want to warn everyone in the press and the voters out there if you demand expressions of religious faith from politicians you are just begging to be lied to, they will all lie to you and a lot of them will, and it will be the easiest lie they ever had to tell to get your votes …”

This was an exit poll question by the way. After people voted and these were the responses that were given. I think if we ever have a brave soul try to run for president who is atheistic or agnostic he would be slammed by the religious nut cases out there and everyone would be carrying on about it. That is the point though that Laurence was trying to make that there is no religious test needed or required for any candidate to take to be president or to run in any elected office. We put way too much emphasis on "religion" and not on what really matters and that is the questions that reveal a candidates ability to run government and to understand the economic issues, etc.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures View Post
I loved the movie clip he used toward the end of that video:

“I may be wrong but I suspect our churches already have enough political phonies in them. I don’t see how we can have a separation of church and state in this government if you have to pass a religious test to get into this government, and I want to warn everyone in the press and the voters out there if you demand expressions of religious faith from politicians you are just begging to be lied to, they will all lie to you and a lot of them will, and it will be the easiest lie they ever had to tell to get your votes …”

This was an exit poll question by the way. After people voted and these were the responses that were given. I think if we ever have a brave soul try to run for president who is atheistic or agnostic he would be slammed by the religious nut cases out there and everyone would be carrying on about it. That is the point though that Laurence was trying to make that there is no religious test needed or required for any candidate to take to be president or to run in any elected office. We put way too much emphasis on "religion" and not on what really matters and that is the questions that reveal a candidates ability to run government and to understand the economic issues, etc.
Yeah! That is what this country needs, an atheistic candidate like Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot or Ceausescu. They weren't 'nutcases'.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #9
Sensia
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Yeah! That is what this country needs, an atheistic candidate like Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot or Ceausescu. They weren't 'nutcases'.

Ummm..yea..all atheists are murders, killers like those names you mention..ya right..not
Old 03-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #10
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearhunter View Post
One man's intolerance is another man's persecution......ijs.
Exactly.

First of all, whoever this guy is is making some bold assumptions. I don’t think that 100% of the population of Afghanistan would say that religion matters a great deal. A high percentage yes, but all? No. Then he goes on to say that in this country it have been 100% should not matter at all. That’s just not true. He even went so far as to say that not at all was the correct answer and the American ideal. Correct according to him maybe. I quit listening at 1:09 minutes when he said that a great deal of the country agreed with the Talaban. It’s sensational “reporting”.

That said, I don't want anyone's religion shoved down my throat. I'm not demanding that others share my religious views. It's a personal thing and it has no business in government. But I do like to know the level of religiosity of those that govern. It's something that very heavily influences my vote.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #11
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures View Post
Ummm..yea..all atheists are murders, killers like those names you mention..ya right..not
It's noticeable that you readily identified them as atheists and murderers.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #12
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

At least two major religions are extremely prejudicial..

Islam teaches that all who do not follow the tenants of Mohammad are all infidels and doomed.

Chistianity teaches that nobody can come to the Father except through Salvation through Jeasus Christ.

However, our political system is based on secular law. A persons religoius beliefs should not enter into the picture when it comes to elected office.

But it does. It's human nature. Catholics overwhelmingly voted for JFK, and about 90 percent of all Mormons polled say they will vote for Mitt Romney. Evangelical Christians overwhelmingly support which ever candidate fits there particular idealology. I figure if a Muslim was running, he would garner the overwhelming majority of that vote.

I suspect it has been this way throughout our Country's History. We just did not have a 24 hour news cycle to remind us every 15 minutes.
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #13
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
At least two major religions are extremely prejudicial..

Islam teaches that all who do not follow the tenants of Mohammad are all infidels and doomed.

Chistianity teaches that nobody can come to the Father except through Salvation through Jeasus Christ.

However, our political system is based on secular law. A persons religoius beliefs should not enter into the picture when it comes to elected office.

But it does. It's human nature. Catholics overwhelmingly voted for JFK, and about 90 percent of all Mormons polled say they will vote for Mitt Romney. Evangelical Christians overwhelmingly support which ever candidate fits there particular idealology. I figure if a Muslim was running, he would garner the overwhelming majority of that vote.

I suspect it has been this way throughout our Country's History. We just did not have a 24 hour news cycle to remind us every 15 minutes.

crux of the biscuit
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #14
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

OK, TP-ers and other righties, here's the info from your own source, if one can call that "research." And as you connect the dots (you have until November 6, 2012) you will see where the argument that O'Donnell made can be made. It's a bit iffy and as with all partisan things, takes some imagination to leap to the full conclusion he made. But, there is a pretty big percentage swing.

SPOILER ALERT - I can find it for you and I won't read it to you and I sure as hell can't understand it for you.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elec...day/exit-polls
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #15
Grifter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

The clip is from the last season of the west wing. I remember it because it makes all the sense in the world. As much as I would like to say I want character, substance or morality in a candidate the reality is that I want someone I agree with, who has a plan and will ruthlessly carry out that plan, if they are Christian its a bonus.

As to the topic of aetheist and the list of mass murders, while not all aetheist are mass murders I have to think that if you believe there is a consequence beyond this world to your actions you are less likely to kill alot of people. Just a thought.
Grifter is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women