Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 11-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
markroxny
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3
Thumbs up Steve Schmidt, Former McCain Adviser: Time For GOP Leaders To Reject 'Extreme Statements'

Quote:
Steve Schmidt, a Republican strategist and former campaign adviser to Sen. John McCain, tore into GOP leadership in the wake of President Barack Obama's victory on Tuesday, urging them to speak out more aggressively against the most extreme voices in the party.
Appearing on MSNBC, Schmidt referenced a recent Twitter tirade by Donald Trump as evidence that something needs to be done about toning down the rhetoric from certain elements of the GOP.
"Now, people calling for revolution and these extreme statements -- when I talk about a civil war in the Republican Party, what I mean is, it's time for Republican elected leaders to stand up and to repudiate this nonsense, and to repudiate it directly," he said. "There has been a culture of fear and intimidation, that you are not a real conservative if you won't, you know, if you won't, you know, stand -- if you stand up to these extreme statements, whether it's Rush Limbaugh calling that young lady a slut or a hundred other examples over the last four years."
Controversial statements by Republican candidates became devastating campaign issues in a number of races this year. Senate elections in Missouri and Indiana in particular were rocked when the GOP nominees made eyebrow-raising remarks about rape. Missouri Rep. Todd Akin and Indiana state Treasurer Richard Mourdock lost, but not before forcing party officials to make tough decisions about continuing support of their candidacies.
Schmidt has been happy to run against the Republican grain as Election Day approached. Earlier this week, he claimed that popular GOP arguments about alleged widespread voter fraud were simply part of the party's "mythology."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...788,b=facebook
markroxny is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Schmidt is right, but I don't know if the traditional Republicans have the spine to throw out the Taliban Republicans, the ones who really do want a Fundamentalist Theocracy (take a look at Colorado Springs for example--it used to be a great place to live before the Taliban-Party moved in).

I really do want to be proud to vote Republican again. But I can just imagine a Palin-Akin kind of ticket in 2016, in which case I would by default have to vote for the Dem nominee even sight unseen.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

They won't. They already talking about becoming more extreme. I'll be at the GOP's funeral soon. Music and drinks will be on me.
icuminpeace is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Maube Rush and Hannity will team up and run. That would be a hoot!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
markroxny
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by icuminpeace View Post
They won't. They already talking about becoming more extreme. I'll be at the GOP's funeral soon. Music and drinks will be on me.

markroxny is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Do you have any idea who Steve Schmidt is or what his reputation is? He is a punk that loses a lot of elections and then finds a scapegoat. He has never taken responisibility for a loss. He is known as a liar. He was the main source for the book "Game Change" and just about everything has been kicked to the curb.

Okay, you want an example that is titillating? He is the source that claims Sarah Palin had a meeting in her hotel room while wearing only a small bath robe. The other five people in the room, according to Schmidt, have said that it never happened.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women