Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70700
biomed162471
Yssup Rider60308
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48417
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41388
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35797
Mojojo33117

Old 10-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #1
texanalyst
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 27
Default Oil prices

Curious to hear folks views on oil prices and if the Texas growth story gets curtailed because of weaker oil prices. I wonder if it will effect prices in the hobby too.
texanalyst is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #2
texanalyst
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 27

Mods please move to the Sandbox - sorry about that
texanalyst is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:46 PM   #3
mydallas1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Oil is really Houston. Gas is really DFW. I don't know what a barrel is going for. Gas is low because more refineries are open again and its winter.
At least DVD main economy is services. CPAs, Lawyers, things like that which don't really depend on one sector to do well. Business are also moving here. So no. We should be fine like always.
mydallas1 is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #4
EZ.
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Oil prices went just below a $90/barrel. We are starting to export so it wouldn't effect us.

When I was in southern Louisiana, I saw oil prices drop below what you could pump it out of the ground on existing rigs. At the time, there was no outrage with the oil companies and nobody leading the charge to help.
EZ. is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #5
BossyWillson
Valued Poster

Oil prices below $70/barrel will effect the rigs
BossyWillson is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #6
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

People I deal with are very, very concerned about the drop in oil prices. I have connections in the industry and investments, too. I think we were getting used to mid-$90 oil and we're looking at mid $70's soon, with worried that it may go lower. If we were to return to historic pre-2009 Gas:Oil price ratios, you're looking at a 50% drop or more from where we are now. Texas goes completely in the shitter if oil goes below $40 dollars. At least East Texas, and probably Houston. .
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #7
slowmover
Premium Access

Encounters: 53

I suspect many companies will not survive $70/barrel oil.
slowmover is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #8
Tsmokies
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

I thought our governor created all the jobs. Not oil n gas. Fooled me again. They are pumping all they can while they can. We will never see $40 again.
It is about supply n demand as is playing on ec...
One party is owned by big oil and other$ and one is not
Tsmokies is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:21 PM   #9
EZ.
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsmokies View Post
I thought our governor created all the jobs. Not oil n gas. Fooled me again. They are pumping all they can while they can. We will never see $40 again.
It is about supply n demand as is playing on ec...
One party is owned by big oil and other$ and one is not
The governor has brought a lot of industry to Texas. The problem is that these companies are coming from over taxed states and bringing their libtard employees with them.
There is too much demand, for oil, from countries like China and India for oil to drop that low. The Saudis want to maintain market share and keep dropping their price.
The other party is run by the global warming freaks that want us to return to the 1800s while their leaders drive big limos and ride in private jets.
EZ. is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #10
Tsmokies
Valued Poster

Fooled me again. I guess that's why you can vote with a gun license butt not with a college ID
The governore has given $ to business for their support.

Can't wait till ur governor try's another run. The people will kik his ass back to the curb. N Hillary n bill will walk right back in...again

Can we imagine a Rhodes Scholar as an adviser as compared to bush trying to advise his vp in control of the handlers
Old 10-10-2014, 06:27 PM   #11
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Fooled me again. I guess that's why you can vote with a gun license butt not with a college ID
The governore has given $ to business for their support.

Can't wait till ur governor try's another run. The people will kik his ass back to the curb. N Hillary n bill will walk right back in...again

Can we imagine a Rhodes Scholar as an adviser as compared to bush trying to advise his vp in control of the handlers
How about we keep this about the topic. Take politics to the politics forum.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #12
EZ.
Valued Poster

A student ID doesn't prove you are a resident or even a citizen. You can't have a permit to carry in Texas without being both.
Hillary couldn't beat Obama but I hope she gets the nod. Wait until they start playing her "whose going to answer the call at 3:00 AM" and they launch in on Benghazi. Left our Ambassador hanging along with three others. She would be our first female and lesbian (that news will surely help her chances) President.
EZ. is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 07:00 PM   #13
Tsmokies
Valued Poster

Sorry bolt I thought oil was a political topic. Thanks for you what ever.
OldL, I expect she won't have to be advised to "mr president were under attack" get off your ass stay the f away And let Cheney take over. Mucho $ to be made and he can finish destroying the Middle East. And let the next dumb ass president fix it
Maybe if we get attacked again Hillary can post alerts until she gets re (kinda of) elected /appointed
Butt, the mission was accomplished long ago by a draft dodger in a flight suite that had no fkn clue. Butt he made his no money in oil ventures bolt
Old 10-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #14
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
I suspect many companies will not survive $70/barrel oil.
If we could keep it at $70 for three years, I'd take it today. I'm very worried it could easily go below $70 within a few months. We get a stock market drop of 25 - 40% (which is quite likely with the long running bull market and foolish and misguided European austerity), global recession, etc., it drops way below that.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #15
EZ.
Valued Poster

Quote:
Sorry bolt I thought oil was a political topic. Thanks for you what ever.
OldL, I expect she won't have to be advised to "mr president were under attack" get off your ass stay the f away And let Cheney take over. Mucho $ to be made and he can finish destroying the Middle East. And let the next dumb ass president fix it
Maybe if we get attacked again Hillary can post alerts until she gets re (kinda of) elected /appointed
Butt, the mission was accomplished long ago by a draft dodger in a flight suite that had no fkn clue. Butt he made his no money in oil ventures bolt
W got the war powers act which was endorsed by Hillary and Joe Biden. I was personally against going into the Middle East but against pulling out prematurely. Look what is happening with ISIS. This President is a complete idiot but he beat Hillary for the nomination in 2008.
W served in the reserves. Bill Clinton was a draft dodger. I ended up in Vietnam for 28 months but I was just a poor college student with no political connections when they drafted me.
George Sr. made his money in the oil business. He is a self made millionaire and a war hero.
EZ. is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women