Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-29-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Looks Like We're Going to Bomb Syria into Democracy Next

Yep, we have a shortage of wars, so let's go after some more people that don't look like us. More fun ahead! Stay tuned.

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/po...ian_opposition

Your tax dollars at work.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Cutiepie as full of chit as I think you are .... I agree with ya on the stupidity of these endless wars in the name of peace. This is liberal thinking that the neocons are supposed to detest!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I love it when you call me "Cutiepie"!
Old 12-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Can't be much of a secret.

Critics say we are acting too slowly and that we are leading from behind. Does it matter where you are if you are leading? Of course the people who say we should be in front don't plan on going.

Libya turned out much better than Iraq. In our people not lost and in terms of cost.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #5
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

But why? Munch. Why? Why don't we leave them alone. This is insane, the idea that we can bomb the world into happy capitalists. We need to do work here at home, and get out of the nation building business.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:28 PM   #6
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I think you've missed the hidden truth. Who is waiting in the wings to pick up the pieces in Syria? The same people who picked up the pieces in Egypt, Libya, and Tunisia; the Arab Brotherhood. Do I think Obama is an agent for the Arab Brotherhood? I don't think so but he does not see them as a threat like most Americans do. The same 1930s to 1950s leftists thought that the Soviet Union was not so bad either.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #7
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
But why? Munch. Why? Why don't we leave them alone. This is insane, the idea that we can bomb the world into happy capitalists. We need to do work here at home, and get out of the nation building business.
I don't advocate going to war with them. I merely pointed out that the critics don't fight in a war, we should let the other groups take the risks and bear the price of being in front, and that using drones and means other than boots on the ground were much cheaper in dollars and lives.

As to why we have an interest, which one of our allies could be fucked over big by us ignoring the situation?
Hint: It's full of Jews and everybody in the area hates them. Syria has tried to wipe them out multiple times in the last 60 years.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:07 PM   #8
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

There is always Iran . . .

Iran warns U.S. over Strait of Hormuz

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7BS0G420111229
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:20 PM   #9
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I think you've missed the hidden truth. Who is waiting in the wings to pick up the pieces in Syria? The same people who picked up the pieces in Egypt, Libya, and Tunisia; the Arab Brotherhood. Do I think Obama is an agent for the Arab Brotherhood? I don't think so but he does not see them as a threat like most Americans do. The same 1930s to 1950s leftists thought that the Soviet Union was not so bad either.

How can the truth be hidden if you know it? Why do you say he doesn't see them as a threat? It is their country, how do we get rid of the Arab Brotherhood? There are Syrian factions trying to gain power. If the AB is already a large faction in country they might be maneuvering for power.
So you want all out war? What do 1930-50 leftists have to do with any of this?

The bottom line is that rightists pushing for action too soon are no different than leftists waiting too long.
The porridge should be just right (or as close as they can come).
Old 12-29-2011, 09:36 PM   #10
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Maybe, just maybe, if we quit bombing then and demanding they change their countries to match what we want for them, maybe they wouldn't hate us so much and want to kill us. Maybe if we quit trying to control the world, and focused on our internal problems, we would eventually return to the top of the world pecking order, instead of sliding down.

It's worth a try.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:25 AM   #11
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Okay, I will explain. Obama and his people have expressed no concern at the idea that the Muslim Brotherhood will take power in any number of countries. They see them as just another organization that can be bargained with. This was exactly the same attitude of the leftists in the 1930s, 40s, and 50s towards the Soviet Union. They didn't see any problem with the Soviet expansion and Obama sees no problem with the Muslim Brotherhood moving in. As for being hidden, do you see anyone really talking about it in the mainstream media. It may get a short mention but that's it.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #12
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Okay, I will explain. Obama and his people have expressed no concern at the idea that the Muslim Brotherhood will take power in any number of countries. They see them as just another organization that can be bargained with. This was exactly the same attitude of the leftists in the 1930s, 40s, and 50s towards the Soviet Union. They didn't see any problem with the Soviet expansion and Obama sees no problem with the Muslim Brotherhood moving in. As for being hidden, do you see anyone really talking about it in the mainstream media. It may get a short mention but that's it.
Awwww yes Vietnam was such a huge sucess. Had we lost that war we would all be Commies.

You guys who want the states to act as they please with minimum federal involvement have this obsession with other countries not being able to elect their own national leaders without our involvement.

I say both the left and right are wrong on this issue.

Ron Paul has it correct. IMHO

When it comes to choice, I think personal choice should trump all others. That includes the bedroom and the boardroom. There would have been no bailout in my world and the only abortion laws would be personal choice. If a company does not want to hire women or white people , let us vote with our pocketbooks...
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:05 AM   #13
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Truly, you folks don't know what you want to do....all you know is that whatever Obama is for, you have to be against. On the one hand, we should stay out of Syria's affairs....on the other hand, the scary Muslim Brotherhood must be stopped because they are like the boogeyman commies of old. Oi.....

By the way, read the fucking article people, it lays out the options being considered and they don't include bombing.

>>>>The options that are under consideration include establishing a humanitarian corridor or safe zone for civilians in Syria along the Turkish border, extending humanitarian aid to the Syrian rebels, providing medical aid to Syrian clinics, engaging more with the external and internal opposition, forming an international contact group, or appointing a special coordinator for working with the Syrian opposition (as was done in Libya), according to the two officials, both of whom are familiar with the discussions but not in attendance at the meetings. <<<<<
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:54 AM   #14
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Tim, we all know it would include bombing eventually. And I would oppose it even if Ron Paul was for it.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:00 PM   #15
timpage
Account Disabled

You don't know that at all, you're making (as usual) uninformed general statements based on your blind opposition to any foreign or domestic policy the current administration proposes or puts in place. And you do it in two sentences or less....easier that way, right?
timpage is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women