Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48371
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Game Change.. so glad McCain did not win

Watched this last night. I do realize that some will carry on about the accuracy but some of those who were involved in the campaign and working with her have gone on record saying this was pretty accurate as to what they witnessed and experienced with Sarah Palin. I kinda felt sorry for Sarah Palin because I do understand the tremendous pressures she was under and can completely understand that would bring anyone not use to the national spot light close to a break down. However, it does show how the "fame" and "power" kind of went to her head. It is scary to think that so many thought she was a good candidate for VP. Again, glad McCain didn't win because this would have been a disaster for our country.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/msnbc-tv/46669343#46669343
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

And we are currently NOT in a disaster? R ya seeing how our views differ?

I'm chewing my tongue off right now. You're killing me GP. Luv u anyway though beautiful.
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I too watched that film and it only reinforced what I already thought lads--Palin is a total mentalist! How daft can you be not to know what the "Fed" is? I am from the UK and I even know that. Did she go to university? I'm sure she did but what did she bloody learn there? I'm afraid she reinforced what many folks abroad think of Americans. I know it isn't a fair stereotype but then again why in bloody hell would you put a soddening person like that on your ticket. And, all that religion shite she went on about. It was actually about two hours of pure comedy to be very honest!
Don't Be Daft! is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingKayla View Post

I'm chewing my tongue off right now. You're killing me GP. Luv u anyway though beautiful.
I bet you voted for Bush...twice...didn't ya?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
CJ7
Valued Poster

if you listen to the GOP candidates said disaster doesnt exist in their platform

social issues on the other hand, youbetcha.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
CJ7
Valued Poster

3 good reasons to run a presidenital campaign based on birth control ... not the economy

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-mone...-watchdog-says
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingKayla View Post

Kayla,

In September of 2008 as Bush was entering the last quarter of his his Presidency, the Dow was almost 5,000 points LOWER than it is today. The recession had already started in 2007. The foreclosure crisis was just beginning. We were still in Iraq. Earlier that summer, oil had reached $150 per barrel compared to today's $108 give or take a few dollars or cents. The U.S. auto industry was on the brink of failure.

I could go on but I'd rather you pay attention!

If things weren't like that in September of 2008, please let me know.
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #8
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures View Post
Watched this last night. I do realize that some will carry on about the accuracy but some of those who were involved in the campaign and working with her have gone on record saying this was pretty accurate as to what they witnessed and experienced with Sarah Palin. I kinda felt sorry for Sarah Palin because I do understand the tremendous pressures she was under and can completely understand that would bring anyone not use to the national spot light close to a break down. However, it does show how the "fame" and "power" kind of went to her head. It is scary to think that so many thought she was a good candidate for VP. Again, glad McCain didn't win because this would have been a disaster for our country.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/msnbc-tv/46669343#46669343

Very well done. The book is excellent as well, strongly recommend you read it. I believe Steve Schmidt is on the record as saying the movie is accurate.

One thing though GP....you speak in the past tense when you post that it's scary that so many thought she was a good candidate. We haven't seen the last of this ignorant woman. I suspect that the majority of our conservabots who post here would vote for her today for POTUS over any of their current sad sack choices. It wouldn't surprise me if she gets the nod this time around as a Veep candidate choice. She gets the crazies fired up and she'd be a good foil for the Dem's "war on women" strategy.

Now, that's scary.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #9
Grifter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

That Fed question was not reflective of the truth, its not what is in the book. The question she was asked according to the book was "what does the Fed do?" not "what is the Fed?" the screenwrite took artistic liscense with that item in the script. What the fed does is a much more complex answer than what it is. I think they chose quickly and as such they made a superficial decision that frankly looked really good at the convention. It was all the stuff after that put her warts on display.
Grifter is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #10
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Very well done. The book is excellent as well, strongly recommend you read it. I believe Steve Schmidt is on the record as saying the movie is accurate.

One thing though GP....you speak in the past tense when you post that it's scary that so many thought she was a good candidate. We haven't seen the last of this ignorant woman. I suspect that the majority of our conservabots who post here would vote for her today for POTUS over any of their current sad sack choices. It wouldn't surprise me if she gets the nod this time around as a Veep candidate choice. She gets the crazies fired up and she'd be a good foil for the Dem's "war on women" strategy.

Now, that's scary.
Very true and your right.
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #11
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

A comedian, Jon Stewart, for your news, and fictional films and books for your history. No wonder you lefties don’t have a grip on reality.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:26 AM   #12
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Actually the book was panned (and that is a bad thing) by the New York Times primarily for it's unsourced quotes. Only one person is saying that the movie is true and that is Steve Schmidt who was McCain's campaign advisor. Of course Schmidt makes a living running campaigns and he needs someone to take the blame for his screwup. Also McCain disavowed what Schmidt said last night on Fox News. So the book was crap, the movie is crappier, and some of you love the taste of crap.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:14 AM   #13
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberaldevil View Post
I too watched that film and it only reinforced what I already thought lads--Palin is a total mentalist! How daft can you be not to know what the "Fed" is? I am from the UK and I even know that. Did she go to university? I'm sure she did but what did she bloody learn there? I'm afraid she reinforced what many folks abroad think of Americans. I know it isn't a fair stereotype but then again why in bloody hell would you put a soddening person like that on your ticket. And, all that religion shite she went on about. It was actually about two hours of pure comedy to be very honest!

Yep, she probably doesn't speak Austrian or know the capitols of all 57 states either! And I'll bet her uncle didn't liberate a concentration camp with the Red Army.

A foreigner who is an outspoken critic of politicians who put America's interests first, now that's a first.

I agree that religion is make believe, but so are HBO movies. Back to ignore now.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #14
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Actually the book was panned (and that is a bad thing) by the New York Times primarily for it's unsourced quotes. Only one person is saying that the movie is true and that is Steve Schmidt who was McCain's campaign advisor. Of course Schmidt makes a living running campaigns and he needs someone to take the blame for his screwup. Also McCain disavowed what Schmidt said last night on Fox News. So the book was crap, the movie is crappier, and some of you love the taste of crap.
No, the book wasn't panned by the NYT. And Schmidt is a GOP operative, he ran the campaign for your candidate....are you saying he is a liar? Nor is he the only one saying the film is true and accurate....former director of communications for the WH has something to say about it as well. And there will be more.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/12/st...ccurate-video/
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #15
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
No, the book wasn't panned by the NYT. And Schmidt is a GOP operative, he ran the campaign for your candidate....are you saying he is a liar? Nor is he the only one saying the film is true and accurate....former director of communications for the WH has something to say about it as well. And there will be more.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/12/st...ccurate-video/
McCain is calling him a liar. Of course McCain is too polite to put it so bluntly. The book is replete with unsourced incidentals. But again, you lefties depend on a comedian, Jon Stewart, for your news, and fictional films and books for your history. No wonder you lefties don’t have a grip on reality.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women