Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 269
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70562
biomed161675
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453124
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48080
pyramider46370
bambino40877
CryptKicker37144
Mokoa36488
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 11-28-2022, 08:57 AM   #1
VitaMan
BANNED

Encounters: 69
Default Russian weapons

One of the reasons the Soviet Union disintegrated was noted by Gorbachev. He said they could never keep up the expenditures to equal the modern weapons of the West. That was the keystone of the Reagan years. Of course he spent the US budget into uncharted territory, but that is for another topic. Reagan received tremendous credit for his unwavering stance.

Putin did not realize the difference in weaponry when he bumbled into Ukraine. Or he thought it would not be available to Ukraine.

The strategy of the West to provide Ukraine modern weaponry is proving to be a big success. Give credit where credit is due.

And kudos to the fighting Ukrainians.

Select from 1 of these 2 topics:

strategy of the West
Putin not anticipating the support provided by the West
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 09:31 AM   #2
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

wrong on all counts. Putin is using the winter and lack of Biden to provide energy to Ukraine to finish Ukraine off with winter weather and no heat.
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:39 AM   #3
VitaMan
BANNED

Don't say wrong.

It's just your opinion. I won't say it is wrong.
Old 11-28-2022, 01:40 PM   #4
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Putin was not expecting the support of the West.

I think he thought Trump would win and then he could have just bulldozed Kiev.

Lucky for Ukraine, Trump lost.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 05:42 PM   #5
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post

biggest bunch of nonsense posted. Trump kept Putin out and Trumps policies on energy weakened Putin. Biden did just the opposite and Putin attacked Ukraine because of Biden's weakness
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 08:14 PM   #6
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmstud60 View Post
biggest bunch of nonsense posted. Trump kept Putin out and Trumps policies on energy weakened Putin. Biden did just the opposite and Putin attacked Ukraine because of Biden's weakness
WTF is revising history again.

RUSSIA,RUSSIA,RUSSIA, RUSSIA. I am beginning to think that WTF is Adam Schiff’s ECCIE handle.

The reality is Biden, through his son Hunter, is bought and paid for by the Ukrainians. He is also bought and paid for by the Chinese Commies.

That being said, I think Putin underestimated the Western Democracies contributions in weaponry to Ukraine.

It’s a toss up on who will freeze to death first. If Ukraine can disrupt Russian Supply Chains, all of those conscripts might get unhappily real quick.

The downside is this war is costing everybody a shit load of money. These high tech weapons are expensive.

Of course, I suppose the weapons manufactures are reaping the rewards. They employ people. Taxes are getting paid. ………..It’s a shame people are also dying.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 02:11 AM   #7
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

if Trump were president, Putin would not have tried to invade Ukraine.

only reason Putin did it is because of biden's weakness and biden's unnecessary provocations.

that said I think Ukraine will handle winter war better than the Russians.

Putin did not expect Western nations to support Ukraine to the extent that was not expected.

it is also apparent that the Russian Military logistics supply line is crap.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 04:48 AM   #8
ICU 812
BANNED

Quote:

And you may be right about that! It can be fun to speculate, but who really knows what that alternate future might have been.

In any case, I think Putin was taking a cue from the recent past when, in 2014, he took over ("annexed") the Crimean Peninsula and parts of Eastern Ukraine without objection form the US government at that time. At that time, Mr. Trump was a private citizen involved with deal-making, but Mr Biden was Vice President and Mr Obama was in charge as President and Commander-in-Chief.

It is my recollection that at thjat time, the USA had a treaty with Ukraine that promised we would ensure their sovereignty. And so, in the face of Russian aggression against Ukraine, the USA sent them blankets and tents.

How much of that do I have wrong?
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 10:09 PM   #9
dumars
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Biden’s weakness is changing tank, artillery and rocket warfare with Javelin and Himars and others! Although, drones, overall may be having a larger impact! Biden’s weakness was also displayed by exposing Putin’s buildup along the border before Feb 24 along with U.S. intelligence that tracked so many high ranking Russian officers to their demise! I’d bet my SSA check Biden’s weakness has caused a bunch of CIA, NSA, DIA, etc, types to be crawling all over the place over there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmstud60 View Post
Biden's weakness
dumars is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 10:35 PM   #10
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumars View Post
Biden’s weakness is changing tank, artillery and rocket warfare with Javelin and Himars and others! Although, drones, overall may be having a larger impact! Biden’s weakness was also displayed by exposing Putin’s buildup along the border before Feb 24 along with U.S. intelligence that tracked so many high ranking Russian officers to their demise! I’d bet my SSA check Biden’s weakness has caused a bunch of CIA, NSA, DIA, etc, types to be crawling all over the place over there!

Biden's weakness is Biden.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:09 AM   #11
ICU 812
BANNED

In the more distant past: During the Cartar presidency, Iran took over our embassy in Teheran. There was little opposition from the staff during the immediate takeover, perhaps there was not much to be done. The staff were imprisoned there. and held hostage in violation of denies old diplomatic tradition and international treaty law.

The occupation dragged on for months . . .and months. Carter did little to nothing. Finally, there was that botched attempt to free them that ended in disaster. Perceiving Carter to be weak and ineffective, the Russians invaded Afghanistan.

Fcast forward to 2020; Mr. Biden is elected and immediately initiates the debacle of our Afghanistan withdrawal. No one outside of the Wite House thinks that went well. Perceiving him to be weak and ineffective, the Russians invade Ukraine.

Anyone see a parallel here with the elections of Carter and Biden, and the Russian invasion of Afghanistan and Ukraine?

Some future Historian or Political Science academic will write a PhD dissertation on tht topic.

The imprisoned hostages were only released when Ronald Reagan was elected. The Iranians were afraide of him I think.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:23 AM   #12
VitaMan
BANNED

What a world we would live in if Mr. Trump were president when Putin invaded Ukraine.

Putin would now have taken over much of Ukraine. NATO would be in disarray because of Mr. Trump. Modern weapons would not have been supplied to the degree they have to enable Ukraine to defend itself,
Old 12-01-2022, 06:24 PM   #13
greenbook
Valued Poster

Only sane post and only post without gross misspellings.
greenbook is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:19 PM   #14
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Putin/Trump defenders are posting strong in this thread!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 08:04 PM   #15
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Putin/Trump defenders are posting strong in this thread!

if you say so
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women