Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60377
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41550
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35924
Mojojo33117

Old 01-07-2015, 02:27 PM   #1
Kayleehotchick
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5454
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Stray white male pit bull. Suggestions, ideas or help.

I've got a white stray unaltered male pit bull living in my apartment complex back yard. He is very docile and has a mild case of mange.

I've been contacting rescue groups but none of them can take him and I've been told because of the mange that DAS will automatically euthanize him so I'm trying to avoid that if I can.

I've managed to find him a place to stay indoors for tonight. I have a temporary structure built for him in the backyard to give him some sort of shelter starting tomorrow. Taking him in is NOT A option for me so I'm doing the best I can do with the situation as it is.

If anyone has ANY suggestions, ideas or can foster or know of someone who can foster, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, due to the mange, he is going to need some medication and if there is a vet willing to barter for services and medication or is willing to donate it, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

He crossed my path and there is NO way I'm going to turn my back and I'm going to do every thing I can do to help this dog out. He deserves a fair shot of having a loving, forever home.

Thanks for reading this thread.
Kayleehotchick is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 02:39 PM   #2
Shea Veile
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1346
My ECCIE Reviews

Villalobos Rescue Center

http://www.vrcpitbull.net/dog/

Shea Veile is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 02:51 PM   #3
Kayleehotchick
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5454
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks. I will check them out.
Kayleehotchick is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:48 PM   #4
EZ.
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

I bought a pure bred Boxer for my grand daughters. After she was neutered, she came down with mange. The form she had shows up when their immune system becomes challenged. I spent about $1000 dollars getting her cured. The treatment makes the dog very sick. The treatments went on for several months. I understand why DAS would put them down without knowing if they will be able to find a home.

Now that she is cured, best money I ever spent. Those girls love that dog. Boxers might look aggressive but they are great around children. She sleeps with their cat.
EZ. is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:36 PM   #5
jetdr21
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

Did you try this group? North texas pitbull rescue.ntxpitbullalliance.org/
Unfortunately many groups are full at this time. Call them even if they are full, they may know another rescue group that may take him. Another option, you may offer to foster him, and then the group would pay his medical expense and he would then be placed in a forever home. Rescue groups generally won`t place dogs that have medical issues till their well. Animal control would probably put him down immediately primarily because they don`t want to infect other adoptable dogs and also due to the expense and time involved.
There are 2 different forms of mange and one is easily cured and the other takes longer and only a medical test can tell which one.
I have been involved with rescue groups for over 10 years, and unfortunately neither groups I work with would be interested in him.
Hope this helps you out.
Best of luck and if you have any question PM me.

ntxpitbullalliance.org/
jetdr21 is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:19 PM   #6
Bridgette Ann
RETIRED

User ID: 144934
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ. View Post
I bought a pure bred Boxer for my grand daughters. After she was neutered, she came down with mange. The form she had shows up when their immune system becomes challenged. I spent about $1000 dollars getting her cured. The treatment makes the dog very sick. The treatments went on for several months. I understand why DAS would put them down without knowing if they will be able to find a home.

Now that she is cured, best money I ever spent. Those girls love that dog. Boxers might look aggressive but they are great around children. She sleeps with their cat.

My baby girl jasmine had and still struggled the mange you are talking about. Demodex mange. It's non contagious but she looks so miserable sometimes. But she's getting better month by month
So kudos to you.
Bridgette Ann is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:44 PM   #7
John Carter
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 1

We have a one year old formerly stray female pit bull who got demodex, probably from her mother, and were told by the vet that it often doesn't really go away until the dog is 12 to 18 months old and its immune system matures.

There are inexpensive medications that can help, but it takes time to get rid of it all (if that's the type of mange it is).

I just wanted to say that you are awesome for looking out for him though. We didn't realize that our dog was a pittie when we got her, because she was so small, but she's become one of the friendliest dogs I've ever been around.
John Carter is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:20 PM   #8
EZ.
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Yep, that is the type of mange she had.
EZ. is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:18 PM   #9
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Kaylee, when you find a vet be sure to get the dog fixed along with a full exam and heartworm test.
pyramider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women