Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70700
biomed162455
Yssup Rider60307
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48417
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41388
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35785
Mojojo33117

Old 03-02-2015, 11:04 PM   #1
bobie963
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 17
Default Stopped by the police.

One morning one of my workers told me he was stopped by the police while walking to work. I’ll call my worker Mr. Smith and the officer Mr. Jones. I asked Mr. Smith to tell me what happened.
The story Mr. Smith provided was this, while walking to work Police Officer Jones pulled up to me in his squad car. Officer Jones stopped me and asked if I had ID. I said yes and gave Officer Jones my ID. Officer Jones asked me where I was coming from and where I was going. I replied, coming from home and going to work. Officer Jones gave me back my ID and said I was free to go.
I asked Mr. Smith did Officer Jones ask for your ID or did you voluntarily give it to him. Mr. Smith replied, Officer Jones did not ask for my ID. I just gave it to him.
I asked Mr. Smith did Officer Jones give any reason for stopping you or asking if you had any ID. Mr. Smith replied no reason was given for the stoppage.
I asked Mr. Smith did Officer Jones call dispatch with your ID information. Mr. Smith replied yes. Officer Jones used his car radio to check for any warrants. Mr. Smith did not have any warrants.
I asked Mr. Smith how long did this stoppage take. Mr. Smith replied, 5 or 6 minutes.
If I remember correctly it was in the middle 80s when the Supreme Court ruled the police do not have the right to stop a person and ask for any kind of ID if there is not a reasonable suspicion that the person being stopped had either committed a crime or was about to.
To anyone willing to voice their opinion. Do you think it’s better to simply comply like Mr. Smith did? Or, do you think it’s better to stand up for yourself, exercise your 5th Amendment rights and not answer any questions?
By simply complying you give the officer confidence to continue with his or her abuse of power.
By exercising your rights you let the officer know you will not submit to their abuse of power.
What are your thoughts?
bobie963 is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:36 AM   #2
TsSelenalopez
1# TRANNY BBFS PROVIDER

User ID: 203963
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I have been in situations like that each officer is different. Some will simply say ok and move on. Others usually it's the younger officers take it to their head and get some sort of power trip over it. Those are the ones you have to be careful of. If you tell them no and keep walking thSt can be probable cause and I think you're doing some suspicious. Because at the end of the day its their word against yours. I have seen when a guy refuse give his licenses then he ended up getting assault on officer and evading arrest. I usely tellme to fuck off, that's another thing people think they can get arrested for Tona fuck off or screw you were saying stuff like that with Bill try to trump that up as disorderly conduct. The police have a whole lot of loopholes if they really want to arrest you they will they will just engross something small into something bigger. As far as you not wanting them to give you license if you want to dip in the pool you can but depending on who you are where you are in the situation that makes a big difference to.

By the way I use talk to text so if it's a little fragmented that's why
TsSelenalopez is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:40 AM   #3
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

not an easy question... the cops can make up anything as a reason to stop you.. and they will.. in Mr. Smith's case, I'm sure he knew he was doing nothing wrong and had no warrants, so he chose the "cooperate fully" response, which is good.. nothing to gain by taking an alternate stance.

if it was me, I might politely ask why I was stopped, and I would definitely wait to be asked for ID, before handing it over.. anything more, like quoting the 5th amendment will simply irritate the cop, and may make him more suspicious.. if you do have a warrant, you have a better chance of keeping it a secret with politeness..
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:47 AM   #4
Mojojo
Aficionado

Encounters: 114

It's always best to maintain your cool and be polite with them. Just ask the reason for your stop and if nothing politely excuse yourself.
Mojojo is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:57 AM   #5
bobie963
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 17

TsLopez.
You wrote, some will simply say ok and move on. This is exactly what happened to my worker.
In a matter of 5 or 6 minutes an officer of the law stopped a person when he had no justifiable reason to make a stop, ran a background check on this person, determined he was not wanted by the police and allowed to move on.
Do you agree or disagree with the statement, when we (the people) simply submit to the abusive power it gives the same abusive power confidence to continue with it’s abuse of power.
bobie963 is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:12 AM   #6
motor
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobie963 View Post
In a matter of 5 or 6 minutes an officer of the law stopped a person when he had no justifiable reason to make a stop, ran a background check on this person, determined he was not wanted by the police and allowed to move on.
Do you agree or disagree with the statement, when we (the people) simply submit to the abusive power it gives the same abusive power confidence to continue with it’s abuse of power.
Pick your battles. My guess if he was on his way to work, 5-6 minutes isn't a big deal. But if you start reciting your rights, well then looks like the guy is gonna be late for work, because you know they are going to detain you for as long as they can. To me it isn't worth the aggravation and I have better things to do then get in a pissing match with the cops. But hey, that's just me.
motor is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:32 AM   #7
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobie963 View Post
...Do you agree or disagree with the statement, when we (the people) simply submit to the abusive power it gives the same abusive power confidence to continue with it’s abuse of power.
When I was younger, I used to be an idealist. And arguing philosophies aside (and I tend to agree with your statement above), I'm not in the social position, nor in a good enough financial position, to make a public stand like that.

I could REALLY get into some trouble.

If I DID have the financial resources, and the social ones, to create change within the laws concerning the decriminalization of prostitution in the US, heck yes, I would try to create some change. But I would pick what I wanted the change to be.

If I'm stopped by a police officer for looking suspicious or he/she is just wishing to be dickish, then it's in my best interest to be polite about it.

Most of us are sheep, even if we don't wish to admit it to ourselves. I certainly can be at times. I LIKE taking the path of least resistance. It's something I personally battle with combined with procrastination.

I'm sure as hell not going to be snippy, or try to piss off, an officer of the law. Or court, for that matter.

I'm very well behaved in those circumstances.

And for me, that's my choice of what to do.

So does that make me less moral than the guy who fusses and creates havoc when asked an unfair/biased question by a police officer? I'm open to debate about the topic.

Best,
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #8
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 122

If your worker is black, wearing a hoodie, homeless, selling illegal cigarettes or breaking curfew, I can see why he was stopped, unfortunately.

Your worker handled it better than I would.
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:43 PM   #9
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor View Post
Pick your battles. My guess if he was on his way to work, 5-6 minutes isn't a big deal. But if you start reciting your rights, well then looks like the guy is gonna be late for work, because you know they are going to detain you for as long as they can. To me it isn't worth the aggravation and I have better things to do then get in a pissing match with the cops. But hey, that's just me.

Yep, but you can question the police later in the day, either by phone or online. When you are standing there one has no leverage. When you have a chance to let the blood pressure return to normal and take some deep breaths, there is nothing wrong about inquiring what the stop was about. Be sure to note the date and time, along with the officer's name and badge number. It might be a cop freelancing or it might be something going on in the area.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:33 PM   #10
citizen33
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Sounds like warrant round up at its best.....hoping to snag someone lol
citizen33 is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:02 PM   #11
johnclark
Viva covfefe!

Encounters: 88

I'm tickled at the amount of info people give the police when they don't have to. For the love of Pete keep your mouth as shut as possible without being a dick. Remember: ANYTHING YOU SAY CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU....ANYTHING!
johnclark is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:31 PM   #12
bradjbeale
Account Disabled

Police can do a Terry stop for just about any reason they'd like -- they need only a "reasonable suspicion" that the perp is/is about to do something illegal, which is a much lower burden than "probable cause". Wearing sandals when it's 30 degrees outside? Reasonable suspicion. Crossed to the other side of the street? Reasonable suspicion. Looked at the officer funny? Reasonable suspicion.

I know it's fun to let your blood boil about "abuse of power" and police "violating our rights", but it's just not true according to the Supreme Court -- over the last 60-ish years the Court has sided with police (in terms of expanding their power/leeway to conduct searches) almost every time a 4th Amendment search and seizure question has come before them. If you want to take it up with the Supreme Court, be my guest (and good luck); until then, police can do just about whatever they want during a search.
bradjbeale is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 04:25 PM   #13
beachcomber789
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

I have a family member that is former LE. Depending on how your employee looks and dresses..that may give the cop the reason to stop and talk. If you look like a person that might be somewhat in the drug or gang culture, then they may want to say hi and look you over. But looks are deceiving..so they also arrest lawyers, dentist and anyone they stop with dilated pupils or smelling of hemp oil or Bud Light.

If you smart ass or bad mouth the cop he will become a dick, and then start looking for a reason(s). You have to remember 90% of the people they see are not having a good day, it could be domestic abuse, it could be an injury to a child, it could be they know there is some gang activity in that area.

I am a child of the 60's...so my attitude is little off at times, but when you hear the stories I have heard...they don't get paid enough for what they see and have to do everyday.
beachcomber789 is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:09 PM   #14
L.A.
Valued Poster

Encounters: 71

Unless you're recording the event on your phone your best bet is to comply with the basic info request. God only knows what they could say or do if you're not recording.
L.A. is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:00 PM   #15
General Feuerbacher
Account Disabled

Encounters: 57

In Houston a infamous Eccie member named Dorian Gray said he was jogging and cops stopped him. He did not have ID he was jogging.I believe he told them he had an outstanding warrent. Off he went to jail in suburbs then trans. to Houston. If stopped do not move your lips other than to say just the facts.LOL
General Feuerbacher is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women