Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162376
Yssup Rider60212
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48391
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41259
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35626
Mojojo33117

Old 12-02-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
Houstonfun41
Registered Member

Encounters: 5
Default Season Tickets

I'm thinking about getting season tickets to one of our Houston teams next year, just not sure which one.

Any thoughts? I'm basing most of it on cost, win/losses, excitement, etc.

Thanks
Houstonfun41 is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

The Aero's are by far the best value if you don't mind them being minor league.

I'd rather watch a minor league hockey game in person over ML baseball or basketball.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at Texan's tickets but I'm content watching them on TV too.

That's my $.02
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
Killersalt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Ha, that's a tricky question. I'd be more concerned about which sport you enjoy the most.
Killersalt is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:00 PM   #4
jasmin
Account Disabled

User ID: 52774

It's not the team it's the seats you buy........Where are they located? Diamond seats? NO BOXES PLEASE!
jasmin is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

You don't have a favorite sport then you don't need the tickets. Why buy them. Find some chick fuck her for three to four months and call it the season.
Trey is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #6
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey View Post
You don't have a favorite sport then you don't need the tickets. Why buy them. Find some chick fuck her for three to four months and call it the season.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
Houstonfun41
Registered Member

Encounters: 5

I like the aeros. And in all honesty really don't have a "favorite" Houston team.

The last time I looked a few years ago the Astros were too expensive, granted you get a bunch of games. Rockets weren't bad, especially with the half season packages. Texans were cheaper than most, but you don't get a lot of games. And aeros aren't a bad idea. I like hockey, the minor league thing doesn't bother me although you really can't follow a player and you don't get a lot of talk about it on the radio or espn.

What about u of h tickets?
Houstonfun41 is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #8
cockstrong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 64

the rockets offer alot of different plans (half, ten game, weekends, etc) so there's plenty of options. cant beat the NFL but u might also go home with the most disappointments sitting through that, and getting out the parking lot is terrible. u of h i would just pick and chose my games, for rice too. u can catch some good men's b-ball teams coming to town 2 whip both teams for some good prices. arizona was in town beating up on rice yesterday
cockstrong is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #9
AshrDashr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I'm in an Astros season ticket pool with very good seats, I keep buying back in hoping for a better year. lol

I've thought about Aeros and Rockets before, both are fun in person, but not so much on tv. Texans tickets aren't the pricey part, it's the fee to even get the season tickets that was pricey, last time I checked it was 10k for a season ticket spot on top of the tickets. That's been a couple years, so no clue if it has changed.
AshrDashr is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:20 PM   #10
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

We held Oiler Tickets for years, (YEH, WE WERE THE ONES), and was already to get on board with the Texans, then they came up with that PSL crap. Screw them.

Seriously, I think the Astros are the best bet. They have some good seating pakages, "The Juice Box" is one nice place to hang out.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #11
macksback
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

save your money.
macksback is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:01 PM   #12
Guest072614-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 68

No Houston team is really worth the price of season tickets at the moment. Too much mediocrity. Boardman makes a good point about the Aeros, though. I always have fun at their games, and the tickets really aren't that expensive.
Guest072614-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:16 PM   #13
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...

For season tix to any sport...I'd go support a minor league team. Much more affordable, much better fan experience, much more appreciative/receptive/accessible athletes to cheer for.

Of those, I'd go with the Aeros. Hockey doesn't always translate well to television. You get a much better sense of the game & what the game is about in person.

Good luck with your decision!
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:51 PM   #14
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

My 2 cents for what it's worth ( usually not worth a flying fuck) and I hope all our local pro teams do well, but I really enjoy watching rice baseball, those kids play their asses off. It's a very high caliber of play and those kids have a few brain cells between their ears, and have not been corrupted by the almighty dollar.
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:07 AM   #15
bbkid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

I am a one sport guy (no chit!!) and have been an Astros season ticket holder for 25+ years. But, to answer your question, you have to know which sport you enjoy watching. I've said a million times that baseball is NOT for everyone. Most find it quite boring. I, however, love the game and am not at all concerned with who wins or loses. I enjoy the game - period. I've gotten to know all the folks who sit near me, we've become friends with some, and that too, is part of the experience.

Why not try a mini-package at two or three of the different venues and see which one you enjoy the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedman55 View Post
My 2 cents for what it's worth ( usually not worth a flying fuck) and I hope all our local pro teams do well, but I really enjoy watching rice baseball, those kids play their asses off. It's a very high caliber of play and those kids have a few brain cells between their ears, and have not been corrupted by the almighty dollar.
Excellent point. The games there at Rice are, indeed, entertaining and affordable.
bbkid is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women