Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
test
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 276
George Spelvin 266
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70736
biomed162816
Yssup Rider60505
gman4453248
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48499
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41932
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36327
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #1
Marcus78
Premium Access

Encounters: 50
Talking Perfectly spherical, like my testicles!

So I found this gem just now. Apparently, after untold millions of dollars were spent, scientists have concluded that electrons (one of the smallest particles known) are almost perfectly spherical. I can now sleep easy at night!

I don't know jack shit about quantum physics, but it seems like the effort/money expended on figuring out the electron is perfectly round would have been better spent on feeding the hungry, curing cancer or just about any other noteworthy cause! Bleh! Maybe I'm just pessimistic after too much work and booze.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...er/?test=faces
Marcus78 is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:10 AM   #2
Rakhir
Valued Poster

Encounters: 62

Or perhaps this knowledge will lead to a greater understanding of the universe in toto. And that when the properties of the electron are understood it can be used in solving those problems of which you speak.

Try watching "Connections" sometime and perhaps you will understand how seemingly inconsequential discoveries build upon each other to create objects/processes we use everyday to enhance our lives.
Rakhir is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:27 AM   #3
Budman
BANNED

Encounters: 19

You never know what discoveries this will lead to down the road. If you really want to get bent on money wasted on research check this out. I'm sure there are many more examples out there that are worse than this but this popped up first on google.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/oklah...ry?id=13689403
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
Marcus78
Premium Access

Encounters: 50

LOL Budman. That article is actually what led me to get drunkenly upset over the electron article. I read it earlier in the day, and couldn't believe that someone would spend so much to exercise shrimp! Then when the electron article came up, it was the straw which broke the drunk camel's back. If the project was privately funded 100%, I don't have a problem. People should be free to spend their money however they choose. I just think there are more immediate issues to address then measuring the size/roundness of infinitely small objects.
Marcus78 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women