Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 12-13-2015, 09:30 AM   #1
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default Sylvester Turner Elected Mayor of Houston

I have lived in Houston for the better part of my 68 years, and I can't ever recall when Sylvester Turner wasn't involved in Politics in some form or fashion.

He is as liberal as it gets. He backs all of the standard liberal Agenda Items. He has always wanted to be Mayor of Houston.

But then, Houston has pretty much had liberal mayors more times than not. All have had enough sense to realize that Houston is not some Eastern Metropolitian or Mid West Shithole, voters put up with the liberal Shit as sort of a compromise that they stay the fuck out of the workings of what makes Houston Great......Business.

There is one looming problem. Like so many other huge cities, Houston is facing a crisis with pension funding. For decades, they have let municipal employees, especially those in the Police and Fire Department, work 25 years, retire at or before 50, and then spendanother 30 years drawing a pension darned near as big as their paycheck.

Houston has always been lucky in that it has a tremendous tax base. The Ship Channel Industries and the Petro Chemical Industries have been very good to the entire Mertropolitan Area.The only people that don't have a job are those that can't work, or won't work. But even a City as wealthy as Houston can be bled dry. Anise Parker had enough sense to let Houston be Houston, I hope Sylvester Turner does the same.

Time will tell.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:37 AM   #2
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
But then, Houston has pretty much had liberal mayors more times than not. All have had enough sense to realize that Houston is not some Eastern Metropolitian or Mid West Shithole, voters put up with the liberal Shit as sort of a compromise that they stay the fuck out of the workings of what makes Houston Great......Business.
That's why people live outside of Houston and work in Houston. The "neighborhood" grows, but Houston struggles and will continue to do so. Annexing to expand the tax base while failing to expand services is not the answer. The "entitlement" crowd will remain and the entrepreneurs will flock to the "suburbs" to more space and better schools!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:40 AM   #3
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I have lived in Houston for the better part of my 68 years, and I can't ever recall when Sylvester Turner wasn't involved in Politics in some form or fashion.

He is as liberal as it gets. He backs all of the standard liberal Agenda Items. He has always wanted to be Mayor of Houston.

There is one looming problem. Like so many other huge cities, Houston is facing a crisis with pension funding. For decades, they have let municipal employees, especially those in the Police and Fire Department, work 25 years, retire at or before 50, and then spendanother 30 years drawing a pension darned near as big as their paycheck.

Houston has always been lucky in that it has a tremendous tax base. The Ship Channel Industries and the Petro Chemical Industries have been very good to the entire Mertropolitan Area.The only people that don't have a job are those that can't work, or won't work. But even a City as wealthy as Houston can be bled dry. Anise Parker had enough sense to let Houston be Houston, I hope Sylvester Turner does the same.

Time will tell.
Bill King was what the city needed.

They need pension reform. If not at some point...they are going to have to cut city services just to pay retired City workers like some cities in Cali have had to do.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:41 AM   #4
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

OMG will there be Hillary signs cropping up next?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:44 AM   #5
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
That's why people live outside of Houston and work in Houston. The "neighborhood" grows, but Houston struggles and will continue to do so. Annexing to expand the tax base while failing to expand services is not the answer. The "entitlement" crowd will remain and the entrepreneurs will flock to the "suburbs"!
Actually the richest folks live inside the 610 Loop.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:45 AM   #6
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

You need to repeat, EVA missed the message.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:47 AM   #7
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
You need to repeat, EVA missed the message.
LMAO
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:59 AM   #8
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Houston does have it's share of Limousine Liberals.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:44 AM   #9
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
What does that have to do with squat? If that's actually true.

Exxon probably has them beat. What do you think?
Old 12-13-2015, 11:16 AM   #10
Island_Gent
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44
Thumbs up Welp...

Quote:
...Anise Parker had enough sense to let Houston be Houston, I hope Sylvester Turner does the same.
Time will tell.
It only took 24 years, and this time no Wayne Dolcefino...LOL!

I do wish him well.

Island_Gent is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:43 AM   #11
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

I was hoping we would get a mayor that would undo all the fucked up shit that Anise Porker has done. The idiots on the plantatio0n will continue to vote for enslavement thinking they have made progress yet still live in shitholes and cannot rise above it. It is no wonder so many large companies are making a mass exodus outside the city limits.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 12:06 PM   #12
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
It is no wonder so many large companies are making a mass exodus outside the city limits.
And slam on the brakes before they get to the city limits!!!!
Old 12-13-2015, 01:33 PM   #13
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
And slam on the brakes before they get to the city limits!!!!
Can you recall back in the Whitmire (I think), administration when the city decided to take Cameron Iron Works to the cleaner. They were right there in that huge complex just past the 610 west I-10 junction. Pay up, the city said.

Well, Cameron just packed the entire operation up and moved out into the Cypress Fairbanks area off 290, where the community welcomed them with open arms, and lower taxes.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:40 PM   #14
Permission2Look

I live outside the city limits, but didn't this guy run for mayor about four previous times to this?
Permission2Look is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 01:53 PM   #15
DSK
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Bill King was what the city needed.

They need pension reform. If not at some point...they are going to have to cut city services just to pay retired City workers like some cities in Cali have had to do.
Fuck pension reform and fuck cutting city services. I say raise property taxes on houses valued at 500K or more. Rich white liberals need to pay the fuck up!!
DSK is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women