Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70713
biomed162649
Yssup Rider60408
gman4453227
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48454
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41655
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36042
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-14-2013, 05:59 AM   #1
blade78
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5
Default why do we give money to Israel?

why do we give money to Israel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p153TH6P7sY

we've given them, not loaned then, >100 Billion in 10 yrs...why exactly?
blade78 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #2
super_delfin00
Valued Poster

So they can keep the Arabs in check and take the brunt of blame for killing them off?
super_delfin00 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Aside from debating if we should aid Israel or not, the stats in the video are manipulated.
BigMikeinKC is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
Peter Devlin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

You want the blue pill or the red one?
Peter Devlin is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Because we as a major power in the UN decided it was a wonderful idea to take the jewish people remaining in Eastern Europe after the holocost and give them their own land, which by the way did not belong to us or them to give away. We then decided in our infinate wisdom to plant them right in the middle of a reigon with 1000 of years of hatred towards them. So now we must pay to protect them because we were idiots to begin with.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #6
Starry69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
because we were idiots to begin with.
There ya go.
Starry69 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
Guest102513-1
Account Disabled

Default AMEN DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dog View Post
Because we as a major power in the UN decided it was a wonderful idea to take the jewish people remaining in Eastern Europe after the holocost and give them their own land, which by the way did not belong to us or them to give away. We then decided in our infinate wisdom to plant them right in the middle of a reigon with 1000 of years of hatred towards them. So now we must pay to protect them because we were idiots to begin with.

You hit the nail on the head...the creation of Israel had nothing to do with religion or returning them "to the promise land". It was pure post WW II politics.

And this nonsense that somehow they are our ally against the big bad Arabs. Everytime we start a war in Mid East....which we do regularly...the first point is we tell them NOT to get involved, so the area does not blow up in our face.

I'm not advocating we drop our support of Israel....but we need to treat them as an equal ally, not as their rubber stamp. One small example was when the Palestinians sought to have a place in the UN....the entire world voted for them, except two countries...US & Israel.

And god forbid any of us question or suggest changes regarding adjustments or revaluation of our relationships with Israel....'cause that alone will bring out the cries of being anti-Jew.

Also notice if a public figure...be it entertainment or politicans makes anything close to an anti-Jewish comment, eveyone and their brother cracks down hard on the individual.

Now if there is anything close to anti-Black or Mexican or Asian....yea, there will be some backlash...but soon it is forgotten.

And no, I'm not anti-Jew....I am very anti-Zionist. Huge difference

And as far as someone saying, we let them take the blame for killing Arabs....the US has killed far more Arabs than Israel has. So that comment is the typical uneducated position many Americans take

EDIT: And I do agree with JD's post regarding why do we give Egypt so much $$$....but it is interesting when that thug Mubrak was running the show, we gave them the same amount of money as we do now. But I guess since he was pro-US there wasn't that question.

I agree we should cut back on both Egypt and Israel aid. But folks, like it or not, the Muslim Brotherhood was voted in by the people. That's the thing about democracy...sometimes the party voted in, may not be the party that is US-approved
Guest102513-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #8
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Maybe you should ask why we give money to Egypt. Makes more sense to be concerned about the Muslim Brotherhood than the "Israel" lobby that Hagel fears so much.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #9
kuhoplite
Valued Poster

One night w/ Bar and I'll call it even.
kuhoplite is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #10
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

I recommend a book called The High Cost of Peace. It is about the middle east peace process during the Clinton years. It is written by an Israeli, and he is of course pro-Israel. But it is a very long and well researched book that gives a glimpse into Israeli politics and the entire region. There are no easy black/white answers in the middle east....but the quick and dirty answer to why we funnel so much money to the region is that it buys us influence.

Also important to know is that the vast majority of the aid to Israel is conditioned on their buying US military equipment. Think of it as a stimulous plan for military contractors. This might piss alot of people off: but arrangememts such as this ensure that our nation can build its own military equipment...very important in a digital age.
lacrew_2000 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #11
Kshunter
Premium Access

Encounters: 100

1. They are the only democracy in the region, and in general uphold our values.

2. They are a good ally. In fact, we would probably be a better ally to them if we would tell them to take care of business themselves, instead of always holding them back.

3. They are some bad-ass mofo's. Man for man quite possibly the best armed forces on the planet. As good of fighters, and as good of allies, as the Aussies.

Those are good enough for me.
Kshunter is online now   Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #12
Misawahawk
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Israel is basically the USA's baby. There are lots of influential Jewish people that lobby to assist Israel. Plus on the whole the USA is Christian. I don't think either could imagine the holy land in Muslim control. Don't worry so much about the money we give. Israel provides stability in the region as well as a friendly warm water point of entry to the Middle East. If the US turned its back on Israel it would be bad for business to all our partners that need a steady supply of oil. Money well spent that ultimately saves Muslims lives. Our goal is to get the region on board with democracy and capitalism with the hope it brings peace.

Israel is very tough, crazy as it sounds, perhaps even more effective than the US pound for pound. This is only be because they have to be. They are surrounded, if war starts they have to take and hold ground quickly. So every thing is high speed low drag. All deterrence though as I'm sure the US will always be quick to fight their battles. Lastly it's wrong to think all Jews and Muslims hate eachother. Most are civil hardworking people that want peace for their families. It's the governments that fuel the fire.
Misawahawk is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:31 AM   #13
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Personally, I would nuke the entire region, doze it flat, pave it and build a giant walmart.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:42 AM   #14
blade78
Account Disabled

Quote:
Personally, I would nuke the entire region, doze it flat, pave it and build a giant walmart.
I like how you think

I never hear about giving money to isireal and then having to raise taxes here
thats why I asked
shit, I need cofffee
blade78 is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #15
NoahScape
Valued Poster

Quote:
100% spot on.

I'd have to check my history books, but I think the U.N. got formed right after Israel.

Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose. Look at how we meddled in Iran, starting in the late 1940s. Overthrow the government, support the Shah of Iran. Fast forward to the 1970s, the Shah gets deposed, religious nuts take over. Hostages get taken, Reagan gets an undeserved win for nothing, like most of his Presidency.

Saddam Hussein used to be our best friend over there when the Shah got deposed. Look at the pictures of Don Rumsfeld shaking hands with Sadam ca 1982. And 20 years later we're taking on Saddam Hussein. And so it goes...
NoahScape is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women