Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
test
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 266
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70726
biomed162803
Yssup Rider60491
gman4453240
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48491
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41903
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36274
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 03-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
Guest060812
Account Disabled

Encounters: 21
Default P90X

OK, so I am working on getting in shape. And I have started working out on P90X. I pretty much suck at finishing the workouts, they are so extreme. But I feel like if I can work my way up to the complete workouts it will benefit me. I was wondering who else here in eccie land was working out on P90X, or if anybody has some other good workout suggestions for me.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
Lang Sicherung
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Body for Life. It works. Of course anything where you work out 6 days a week and eat no fast food or junk food works.

I fell back into bad bad habits and now am shit again.

Wisdom - 80% of your health is WHAT YOU EAT. Not saying exercise is not usefull, but do focus on your eating.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
guest041110
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

It is not only what you eat but when you eat it that counts. As for the P90X, one of the things I do, in addition to my martial arts and swimming, is sprint training by doing sprints uphill at a place near where I live. I have found that the combination of the fast twitch muscle movement I gain in the sprint workout that I couple with jogging for at least a couple of miles works wonders. You will also see a reflection of this type of work in your diet/appetite.

Good luck on the P90X. If you can make it through the first two weeks, you will be set. That program is a good one and is similar to the one I have used for years since I was doing this long before Horton came out with his routine. If you can, put in some cross-training like cycling into your routing as it will help with muscle elongation and strengthening which is what I do as well.

Remember you are far better off being lean and mean with flexibility rather than being a bulky muscle bound guy since the name of the game is mobility and agility with quickness and speed.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:06 PM   #4
twofingerjones
Registered Member

Encounters: 1
Default Don't be a hero

I have done the P90X cycle twice and got into the best shape of my life. It works but I couldn't stand Tony Horton by the end of the first month. If I hear another one of his dumb jokes again I think I will snap.

My advice to you is don't try to keep up with them at the beginning. If you can only do one pullup or push up, use the chair, bands, or do girly push ups from your knees. If you need longer breaks take them but push yourself to finish. At least attempt everything(easy for me to say, I am not doing Plyo tomorrow). You will be surprised how fast you notice changes. Also I recommend drinking a whey protein shake after your workout. You will be building muscle very fast and you will need it. If you have any specific questions, I will try to answer them if I can.
Good Luck
Old 03-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #5
JackNapier
Premium Access

Encounters: 23

I have not used P90X, but I work with several men and women that have had very good results with it. I have had good results with a book by Phil Campbell called "Ready, Set, Go fitness" <http://www.readysetgofitness.com/>
I also recommend googling the term "tabata" for a type of interval training that really works for me.
Finally, make sure and get a really extensive set of blood work done. You want to get your growth hormone and testosterone counts in a decent range, or it will be really hard to see results from your exercise.

I am 51 and have lost over 35 lbs in the last 16 months using exercise and good diet. It has definitely improved my sexual performance. It's possible to get back in shape, but it isn't easy. My goal is to get in such good shape that the providers don't ask me to pay anymore.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:14 PM   #6
jarza
Account Frozen

Encounters: 14

I agree with the previous posters, don't try to catch up with the guys/gals on the video. Pause video, use chair, bands, lower weights, whatever give you more chance to follow through the whole video. At least not first few weeks. Once you past 3rd week or so, you should be good to go. There is one drawback in my opinion, it's very time consuming, 6 days a week, 1 to 1.5 hours aday. If you take a week break or so, it's hard to get yourself back into that routine again. (Mind games and lazy factor, at least for me. I've done it at least 7 times, although never past 6th week, too much distraction breaks )
Old 03-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
dirty diana
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5938
My ECCIE Reviews

i love the p90x system! i used it b4 my pregnancy and i can't wait to drop this load so i can get back to it. when i first started it i couldn't keep up with the people in the video either, but if you keep at it you will eventually. just work at your own pace and don't over do it and you'll start to get the hang of it. it took me maybe 3 weeks to a month to really be able to keep up. i say hang in there, it'll pay off
Old 03-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #8
chipper
Ambassador

Encounters: 25
My ECCIE Reviews

Main Discussion Forum - National
General discussions pertaining to the hobby, but not limited to your local scene.

Please use forum as intended!
Old 03-24-2010, 04:10 AM   #9
caroline!
BANNED

User ID: 4342

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaha2dallas View Post
OK, so I am working on getting in shape. And I have started working out on P90X. I pretty much suck at finishing the workouts, they are so extreme. But I feel like if I can work my way up to the complete workouts it will benefit me. I was wondering who else here in eccie land was working out on P90X, or if anybody has some other good workout suggestions for me.
Congrats on your decision onto getting fit. Making the effort is the 1st step. I LOVE P90X! OMG...and I think Tony is so sexy! If you're just starting out, P90X maybe too much? There's reg. p90. Regardless: remb. to stretch, take your water breaks, do the modify if you can't keep up. And if you can't finish... don't beat yourself up. Keep doing your workout bc you're going to build endurance and you're grad. getting stronger. Oh yeah, and don't forget: muscle confusion is key! Having a workout partner can help motivation too.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 03-24-2010, 06:34 AM   #10
Metal Smith
Account Disabled

Encounters: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaha2dallas View Post
Omaha,
Congratulations on your adventure, you'll be glad you did it. Remember how long it took you to get in the shape your in (I don't actually know your shape). Take your time as the others have suggested . Do as much as you can, work up to the level you feel comfortable with. Ultimately the results will begin to show, keep a log/diary of your advances. At first they will seem insignificant. Only review them 1 time a week. Stay at it on a regular basis and the results will be phenominal.
Best of luck.
MS
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women