Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
test
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70708
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60362
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48437
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41510
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35872
Mojojo33117

Old 01-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
julesmilano
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 7313
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Good Sex, Good Mood, Less Stress

Sex and stress are linked in several ways. Most of us instinctively know this already, and feel it unmistakably when a particularly stressful week or two zaps us of our sex drive. But while stress can have a hand in low libido, it can also be a great stress reliever, which is why jokes about uptight bosses needing a good roll in the hay are always good for at least one knowing chuckle. Have you ever wondered how much truth there was to the idea that sex works nicely as a stress salve? Here’s some research on stress and sex:

Good Sex and Good Mood
In an Arizona State University study on 58 middle-aged women, physical affection or sexual behavior with a partner significantly predicted lower negative mood and stress, and higher positive mood the following day. Simply put, researchers found that sex and physical intimacy led women to feel less stressed and be in a better mood the next day. (These results weren’t found when women had orgasms without a partner.) Too bad for toys

Good Mood and Good Sex
The same study found that being in a good mood predicted more physical affection and sexual activity with a partner the next day, showing that the sex-stress management connection works both ways: sex can lead you to feel less stressed, and being less stressed (or at least in a better mood) can lead to more sex. Further proof of the importance of effective stress management!

Sex and Blood Pressure
Another study examined participants’ blood pressure as a measure of their stress responses during public speaking or challenging math problems—situations that often elicit stress. It was found that those who had recently had intercourse tended to have either lower baseline blood pressures, less of a blood pressure rise during stressful events, or both. These findings suggest that having sex can lead to less of a stress response during challenging situations, which is a good thing. Manage blood pressure: Have a good erection.

Sex and Stress Response
Along those lines, another study looked at women’s heart rate and cortisol levels as a measure of stress response, and found that women exhibited less of a stress response after ‘positive physical contact’ with a partner. Emotional support alone didn’t have the same effect. Less cortisol: Less Fat around the waist.

Now Go, Be Fruitful and Sexiply...

Jules

Sources:

Brody S. Blood pressure reactivity to stress is better for people who recently had penile-vaginal intercourse than for people who had other or no sexual activity. Biological Psuchology. February, 2006.

Burleson MH, Trevathan WR, Todd M. In the mood for love or vice versa? Exploring the relations among sexual activity, physical affection, affect, and stress in the daily lives of mid-aged women. Archives of Sexual Behavior, June 2007.

Ditzen B, Neumann ID, Bodenmann G, von Dawans B, Turner RA, Ehlert U, Heinrichs M. Effects of different kinds of couple interaction on cortisol and heart rate responses to stress in women. Psychoneuroendocrinology. June, 2007.
julesmilano is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
ezman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

I knew there was a reason I felt better after sex ...
ezman is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:41 PM   #3
PeAcH
Professional Fluffer

User ID: 4548
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Wink

Sex is great!

I think we should all do it more often..
PeAcH is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:56 PM   #4
Tatonka
Valued Poster

Encounters: 72

Thanks alot Jules, this may be the best post ever.

Gotta love a woman that does her research. Appreciate you sharing this with us.
Tatonka is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
gman45
Valued Poster

Encounters: 62

I know sex yesterday made today a very good day......u nk::bow _arrow:
gman45 is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:31 PM   #6
KohanaKoa
Ambassador

Encounters: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesmilano View Post

Sex and Blood Pressure
Another study examined participants’ blood pressure as a measure of their stress responses during public speaking or challenging math problems—situations that often elicit stress. It was found that those who had recently had intercourse tended to have either lower baseline blood pressures, less of a blood pressure rise during stressful events, or both. These findings suggest that having sex can lead to less of a stress response during challenging situations, which is a good thing. Manage blood pressure: Have a good erection.
Hmmm, I wonder if my health insurance will pay for my hobby appointments or at least let me get by with a co-pay?
KohanaKoa is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #7
Monk Rasputin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesmilano View Post
Now Go, Be Fruitful and Sexiply...
Milano, you even have footnotes and citations! Good heavens, woman, that's one more reason I luv you as much as I do. That is, besides (nudge-nudge) "playing doctor" with you.

Moscow
Monk Rasputin is offline   Quote