Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163001
Yssup Rider60645
gman4453274
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48582
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42269
CryptKicker37201
The_Waco_Kid36678
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 09-28-2021, 06:31 AM   #1
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default Why Are They Democrats?

Why are they Democrats?

My college roommate retired from a thirty year career teaching high school math while also coaching basketball and soccer. Then he got a PhD in math education (or something like that). This is an educated man with a track record of accomplishment and demonstrated intellectual ability. So why is he a committed Democrats?

My high school buddy retired from a thirty year career as a globetrotting sales engineer for IBM. He was our class Valedictorian and holds a masters degree in computer science. Like my former roommate, this is a man of unchallenged accomplishment and intellectual ability. So why is he a committed Democrat?

My brother-in-law and his wife both retired from careers that ended in tenured professorships. Both of course are PhDs. My sister-in-law has been a Fulbright Schollar. Together they do international consulting in their fields. Like my two friends, these are not stupid people . . .so why are they committed Democrats?

There are others, too many others. What is it that keeps these people from seeing mendacity of the liberal-left leadership and the intellectual bankruptcy of the their agenda and how it is implemented?
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:53 AM   #2
Strokey_McDingDong
Account Frozen

I would be considered "educated" by the dumbocrats, and I'm not a dumbocrat. I'm also not a republican. I am simply devoted to the One. I went to a shit-hole state college. Maybe, your friends got indoctrinated at one of the elite universities.
Strokey_McDingDong is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 08:06 AM   #3
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

https://t.me/jsolomonReports/928
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 09:09 AM   #4
Jacuzzme
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Educated does not equal smart, it doesn’t even closely resemble it. In fact, one could make a good argument that they’re inversely proportional.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 09:36 AM   #5
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Your roommate, brother-in-law and his wife fed from the government tit. You don't bite the tit that feeds you. And Democrats are stronger supporters of government and the teacher's unions than Republicans. Also academics tend to have less real-world experience than the rest of us, so idealistic policies of Democrats appeal to them.

As to the class valedictorian, he's an outlier. The majority of engineers are Republicans.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 09:41 AM   #6
Mike_Rach
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

It's all political theater, Republicans and Democrats serve the same masters. Hint: it ain't us little people.

Although I would agree that the shift to the radical left as of late on the Democrat side would make me wonder why there are not a lot of Democrats disillusioned with the party. Largely gaslighting by the media I suppose.
Mike_Rach is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 09:47 AM   #7
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Your roommate, brother-in-law and his wife fed from the government tit. You don't bite the tit that feeds you. And Democrats are stronger supporters of government and the teacher's unions than Republicans. Also academics tend to have less real-world experience than the rest of us, so idealistic policies of Democrats appeal to them.

As to the class valedictorian, he's an outlier. The majority of engineers are Republicans.

I understand what you say and to some extent can agree. However I would point out that my wife is retired from ten years as high school educator and twenty years as a high school principal. . . . and she is NOT a
Democrat.
Old 09-28-2021, 10:19 AM   #8
Strokey_McDingDong
Account Frozen

This is dumb. Is there a source saying the majority of people who have a higher education are dumbocraps? The majority of higher education curriculums are stupid, anyway. The only shit that matters is science, medicine and engineering. The rest of school is a fucking joke. Even if you study science or engineering, roughly half of your time at university will be filled with unnecessary bullshit that has nothing to do with science or engineering, and then half the shit you study in science tends to be outdated and theoretical crap that nobody actually uses. Nobody solves problems with a pencil and paper, unless you're god damn Steven Hawking or some shit. Nobody keeps a physical fucking notebook to document shit in. Stupid useless crap.

Most people in school aren't getting government handouts. They're getting loans from Fannie Mae and banks. It's not a government tit, it's a fucking loan.
Old 09-28-2021, 10:35 AM   #9
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong View Post
This is dumb. Is there a source saying the majority of people who have a higher education are dumbocraps? The majority of higher education curriculums are stupid, anyway. The only shit that matters is science, medicine and engineering. The rest of school is a fucking joke. Even if you study science or engineering, roughly half of your time at university will be filled with unnecessary bullshit that has nothing to do with science or engineering.

Most people in school aren't getting government handouts. They're getting loans from Fannie Mae and banks. It's not a government tit, it's a fucking loan.
I didn't say people "in" school. I said teachers and professors. And there's nothing wrong with sucking from a tit. I've sucked from several companies' tits through the years, who gave me a paycheck.

I agree with what you said about the relevancy of some University classes. I only took a handful of liberal arts classes though, and I wish I'd had time to take more.

I imagine the majority of doctors, engineers and accountants are Republicans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post
However I would point out that my wife is retired from ten years as high school educator and twenty years as a high school principal. . . . and she is NOT a
Democrat.

I know several Hispanic schoolteachers where I live who are Republicans. Part of it's because people here are in general conservative. Trump got around 80% of the vote. And I think it's partly because they have relatives who work in the private sector, who believe, probably correctly, that their jobs are more secure if Republicans are in control.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 10:55 AM   #10
dilbert firestorm
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 11:20 AM   #11
GaGambler
Lifetime Premium Access

I feel much the same about religion.

I know some VERY smart people who are devoutly religious which to an agnostic like myself seems so contradictory. How a person of science can ignore all the inconsistencies and downright ridiculous premises of ALL religions is beyond me, but there are literally millions of people who are devoutly religious despite having a heavy backround in science.

All I can say is "go figure" lol
GaGambler is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 12:01 PM   #12
Strokey_McDingDong
Account Frozen

Religion has nothing to do with science. You're going to die no matter what you believe in. You have to come to terms with that one way or another.
Old 09-28-2021, 12:55 PM   #13
Jacuzzme
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong View Post
Nobody keeps a physical fucking notebook to document shit in. Stupid useless crap.
I do. Two of them actually, one for personal/family stuff and another for work/financial, and have been for nearly 40 years. Keeping good records, in written text, is definitely not stupid or useless.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 02:03 PM   #14
ICU 812
Valued Poster

It is my opinion, as someone who is religious, that we, and I mean all of us, do not have a full understanding of either religion (any of them) and /or science. My position is that as imperfect humans, we can not fully understand the spiritual universe through religion or the physical universe through science. Any inconsistencies internal to each realm, or between them, is due to human inability to competently deal with it.
Old 09-28-2021, 02:10 PM   #15
ICU 812
Valued Poster

But back to the OP:

It is not that the examples I gave are educated or that they are teachers. The dot-com giants are also dominated by democrat's and ultra liberals at every level. And to just get in the door as a janitor take mental ability there. I question how or why anyone with a an analytical mind and the ability to evaluate a problem then fix it can believe in the liberal agenda or endorss how it is being implemented.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women