Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > The Sandbox - Upstate New York
test
The Sandbox - Upstate New York The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163001
Yssup Rider60652
gman4453274
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48588
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42278
CryptKicker37201
The_Waco_Kid36714
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 04-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
Lexxxy
☆Fictional Character☆

User ID: 29515
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default feel stupid asking but (car input)

My dad wrote me saying the car I want to buy this summer is having recalls warning me against buying new cars. He just refuses to, he said he waits a year or 2 until they find and work out the bugs so I have always followed suit for civi cars. I'm having a "I have worked my ass off to buy this car that i really want outright and want nothing to get in my damn way" moment. My entire family refuses to buy brand new cars so I have no one to ask about it.
New car Buyers, do you honestly have many issues? I googled it and found a lot of people like my family chiming in but I really really really want this car and want to hear personal experiences. Like I want this car so badly I didn't go to Europe this winter and I'm not going to the Caribbean this summer and I have hardly taken any time off all year. I don't do car payments, credit cards, and my only loans ever were student loans I don't believe in having things you can't afford to outright buy unless it's a house. BUT I'm terrified the God damn steering wheel will fall off going 80 or the damn thing will start on fire or something crazy!
Sorry to ramble I do that when I'm passionate.
Input please please please!
Lexxxy is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
wantsome
Account Disabled

Encounters: 50

Purchasing a new car, if it will be used for daily transportation, is one of the worst investments you can make. Considerable drop in value once it's pulled off the lot. A demo, or one or two year old car with low mileage is a much better investment. New models can be tricky. Read some of the respected review mags, (Hint: Don't rely on advice from a hooker board) to see if they think its a good buy. A new car that is purchased as an investment, that may one day be a collectable, is still a risky investment. You never know how people will few a particular model in 20 years.
wantsome is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #3
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

the smell of a new car is almost as satisfying as fresh pussy on my beard. will last longer if you do not let anyone smoke in it. But I always light up a smoke so the tar will cover every thing not letting the smell out. errrrrr whats in that new car smell well kill ya
errrr dos not look smaller
offshoredrilling is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
the jeepguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 53

OK, what are you looking to get? I have been in the auto business my whole life (service, not sales). There is a difference between buying a new car and a first year release car. There do tend to be more unusual issues with first year models. But I highly doubt that it will catch on fire or that your steering wheel will fall off, lol
the jeepguy is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
Lexxxy
☆Fictional Character☆

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by the jeepguy View Post
OK, what are you looking to get? I have been in the auto business my whole life (service, not sales). There is a difference between buying a new car and a first year release car. There do tend to be more unusual issues with first year models. But I highly doubt that it will catch on fire or that your steering wheel will fall off, lol
Sadly thats what the recall is for
Old 04-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #6
Lexxxy
☆Fictional Character☆

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantsome View Post
Purchasing a new car, if it will be used for daily transportation, is one of the worst investments you can make. Considerable drop in value once it's pulled off the lot. A demo, or one or two year old car with low mileage is a much better investment. New models can be tricky. Read some of the respected review mags, (Hint: Don't rely on advice from a hooker board) to see if they think its a good buy. A new car that is purchased as an investment, that may one day be a collectable, is still a risky investment. You never know how people will few a particular model in 20 years.
I have a hobby car which is always older, mass produced ,and blends in for winter and travel so if i crash it or blow it up I shrug it off and buy a new one. I am over my civi car there are too any of them now plus i kind of outgrew my candy paint job plus I have a few tiny tiny tiny chips in my clear coat which means it will need touched up which I don't want to bother with.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

thoughts on buyin

buying new: get the kinks out first so buy used
buying used: buying another persons problems

errr we talkin cars or women??????

rent vs lease vs own/ed mmmmmmmm
Old 04-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #8
Guest070916
Account Disabled

Encounters: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxxy View Post
Input please please please!
It would really help to know which model you are interested in.

I've bought plenty of new cars over the years but only after doing plenty of research on them to see how reliable they are. Was always warned about falling in love with any car model because overall all cars are a bad investment. You lose money on all of them as years go by. Just do your research. The Internet makes this easy, then decide which one to go for.
Guest070916 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #9
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

cars, trucks, suv's are a bad investment most of the time.
But so is a wom...... errrrr ahhhh mmmm yet we do it anyways.

YMMV with model errrr vehicle or ahhhhhh never mind

to drive around town I like suv's and pickup trucks.
ta drive around bed mmm older sports racing car for me.
errr I never worry about chips, dings or faded paint hehehehehe
Old 04-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
Guest070916
Account Disabled

Encounters: 63

Have to admit new car models and wom....well ya know, have a lot in common......lol
Guest070916 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #11
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

errr so do the older models have much in common
ahhhhhhh errrrrr crap I bet I get whipped this weekend.
older models can be ahhhh temperamental

I hope I still get ta dye out the gray for ATF Friday. when i done, it takes 20 years off the look. Not that I care, but helps the sell ta others.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #12
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

wtf errrr this not on top ahhhh bump for the op
Old 04-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #13
Lexxxy
☆Fictional Character☆

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I am a Buick and caddy suv girl all the way. I haven't even taken my caddy out of storage yet and most likely wont, I just had it detailed before i put it away and hell it was snowing last night and this morning.
I can't thank you gents enough for your input and PMS, i really appreciate the help. I am going to wait a bit and do more research. I think if there are no more recalls or chaos that I find after digging more I may take the jump.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #14
teaj99
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 9

I always buy demo cars and convertibles. they seem to hold some value better long term compared with the same car as a hard top
. and i have a saying you can never have a bad day if you can drive with the top down
teaj99 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #15
Guest120615-3
Account Disabled

Encounters: 27

Don't all new cars have warranties? Mine even has zero maintenance. Get the car and enjoy yourself!
Guest120615-3 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women