Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Default Rush Drags Right-Wing Radio Over the Cliff in Massive Sponsor Exodus

Ninety-eight major advertisers—including Ford and Geico—will no longer air spots on Premiere Networks’ ‘offensive’ programs. Insiders say the loss will rock right-wing talk radio.
According to
John Avlon of The Daily Beast
, the entire clown car of rabid rightwing radio firebreathers getting dragged down by Rush Limbaugh goes well beyond His Lumpiness ...
Premiere Networks, which distributes Limbaugh as well as a host of other right-wing talkers, sent an email out to its affiliates early Friday listing 98 large corporations that have requested their ads appear only on “programs free of content that you know are deemed to be offensive or controversial (for example, Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, Tom Leykis, Michael Savage, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity).”

"To all Traffic Managers: The information below applies to your Premiere Radio Networks commercial inventory. More than 350 different advertisers sponsor the programs and services provided to your station on a barter basis. Like advertisers that purchase commercials on your radio station from your sales staff, our sponsors communicate specific rotations, daypart preferences and advertising environments they prefer… They’ve specifically asked that you schedule their commercials in dayparts or programs free of content that you know are deemed to be offensive or controversial (for example, Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, Tom Leykis, Michael Savage, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity). Those are defined as environments likely to stir negative sentiment from a very small percentage of the listening public."
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:51 AM   #2
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Excellent post BL! I prefer to think of it as 98 addvertisers and counting.......
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:28 AM   #3
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Much ado about nothing. Now had they pulled their ads altogether from the Premiere Networks, that would have been a whole 'nother problem. All they are doing is redealing ad space.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

We used to celebrate "George Washington's Birthday" and then, over time, it became "Presidents Day".

Are we experiencing what may eventually be celebrated as "Lemmings Day"?
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Much ado about nothing. Now had they pulled their ads altogether from the Premiere Networks, that would have been a whole 'nother problem. All they are doing is redealing ad space.

Agree BUT sooner or later the lack of commercials will affect the balance of the airtime as program managers scramble to get it all in OUTSIDE the named shows. I can also imagine others could conceivably add to the original number (Laura Ingraham, Rusty Humphries, etc.)

I would imagine that new complaints to the redealt advertisers will also begin.

I absolutely love the title:
Rush Drags Right-Wing Radio Over the Cliff in Massive Sponsor Exodus
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
Grifter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

The problem with this is that people dont listen for the advertisements. They listen for the hosts. The Ads are there for people. Sooner or later a guy with 5 million people listening is going find people that want those 5 million people exposed to the product and pay him for the ad space.
Grifter is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #7
CJ7
Valued Poster

1. Rush pissed off 95% of women in the entire country

2. those women have massive buying power

3. sponsors arent willing to gambel with even a small percent of their profit margin

4. its neither left or right ... business is business
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

This will end up being much ado about nothing. Women that like Rush already understand the point he was trying to make and those that don't like him will not be listening anyway. Advertisers will take the high road publicly to garner the potential good will and quietly go back to what makes them money. If that is advertising during Rush's show they will do it.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #9
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

At the risk of repeating myself let me repeat myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
Maher is an entertainer, a bad one but an entertainer none the less. It's his job to make provocative comments and stir up shit. I don't know why anyone pays any attention to him. I guess it's for the same reason that the left gives Rush so much credibility.
Even though Rush may have been more right about the cunt than anyone is willing to admit the fact that the left continues to point at him as the voice of the right is pretty fucking funny.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #10
Grifter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

95% of the women in the country......thats is a definate oversell. You really think that he pissed off even half the women that listen to him? I was listening the day that he went into all this, Im typically a Dennis Prager guy but he was putting me to sleep last week, and those comments were a very small part of the overall conversation and in the context of it I thought it was tacky but not outrageous. Frankly its been done by the left to the right for years and its always condoned or ignored or put off as comedy no matter how crude. So part of my acceptance of it is enjoying the shoe being on the other foot for a change to be honest. Its not right but at this point its just talk and I dont care. Frankly you should be happy he did because it overshadowed the ridiculous points that woman was making about her overwhelming need for birthcontrol not for womens health reasons but because law students needed to do alot more prenancy free fucking than the currently could. The fact that it cost 1k a year (which is a retarded number) when she chose to spend 40k a year on law school (but is in no way upset with that cost) is something I just cant take seriously. At all.
Grifter is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #11
gnadfly
Account Disabled

I'm switching back to Air America! Where is it?
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #12
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
At the risk of repeating myself let me repeat myself.

Even though Rush may have been more right about the cunt than anyone is willing to admit the fact that the left continues to point at him as the voice of the right is pretty fucking funny.

maybe if Rush hadn't been given a seat in the republican congress back in the 90's people wouldnt associate him with the right ..

or constantly running down the left while 15 million people listen every week

now the left gets their pound of flesh from Lush at the expense of his expansive mouth

funny that.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #13
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter View Post
Frankly you should be happy he did because it overshadowed the ridiculous points that woman was making about her overwhelming need for birthcontrol not for womens health reasons but because law students needed to do alot more prenancy free fucking than the currently could. The fact that it cost 1k a year (which is a retarded number) when she chose to spend 40k a year on law school (but is in no way upset with that cost) is something I just cant take seriously. At all.
And people who constantly bitch about other people who receive $300/mo to feed their kids while they are spending $300/hr to get laid is something i just can't take seriously at all.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #14
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Difference. I worked for that $300. But nice try, again, Doofe. It'll get there. Keep on!

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #15
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Difference. I worked for that $300. But nice try, again, Doofe. It'll get there. Keep on!

unemployment, and those who worked, when they could count too?
CJ7 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women