Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70512
biomed161258
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453071
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47898
pyramider46370
bambino40525
CryptKicker37113
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-16-2023, 05:51 PM   #1
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288
Default The Beatles, the Rolling Stones, or the Who?

The 3 bands most consider to be the best 3 rock bands of the sixties. Which are the best, your favorite, ranked?

Let's keep it to these 3, don't tell me Cream or Credence Clearwater is better. I might even agree, and I personally favor the Buffalo Springfield, and Love. But for the 3 in question...

1. Rolling Stones
2. The Who
3. Beatles

I play the Who more than the others. If I cut the year off at 1982, they would be #1. But their recorded output sucked after that. I'll take Entwistle on Bass, slightly ahead of McCartney, Moon by a mile over Ringo, less so over Charlie Watts. And Townshend plays and writes better than any Beatle or Stone. Daltrey is a better rock singer as well.

The Stones stayed intact longer, their rhythm section is un-equalled. Jagger un-matched as a frontman, and they are slightly better ''live'' than the Who. And they have some good material into the 1990's.

The Beatles bother me. I love Abbey Road, but that is an outlier. They were the first boy band, catchy melodies, jangly guitars, and... Well, a boy band. George Martin brought them past that, his production and sound effects aided them greatly, post 1965. Their records were mostly solo songs within a band context. The White Album is all over the place, unfocused, 4 solo efforts thrown together over a double album.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 08:31 PM   #2
Bowser98
Premium Access

Encounters: 26

My unpopular belief: The Beatles are history’s most overrated band. Horribly overrated.

Of your three, overall the Stones get my vote, much for the same reasons you stated.
Bowser98 is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 11:19 PM   #3
Fizley
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

Teenage Wasteland

One item I always loved about the Stones is they would show up randomly at a local dive bar abd play. I had aot of respect for a band at that level to be so active with their fans.
Fizley is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 08:46 AM   #4
MisterMeat
Premium Access

Encounters: 76

Rolling Stones, no question about it. World’s greatest rock & roll band.
MisterMeat is online now   Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 10:05 AM   #5
majorjones
Premium Access

Encounters: 36

To answer your specific question, Stones.
To add my twist: If I had to pick one complete catalog of works by a rock group as my favorite it would be ZEP!!! They had only 2 in the sixties.
majorjones is online now   Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 02:02 PM   #6
reddog1951
Premium Access

Encounters: 3

I f'ing love the Stones, but have to give the edge to the Beatles. Their music matured thru the years (probably due to "experiences" as Hendrix would say) from " I wanna hold your hand" basic stuff to such delicate songs like Norweigan Wood, Michelle, and While my guitar gently weeped. Drive my car is one of my favorite, although not exactly a work of art. The Stones are the Stones and great, but personally don't think their range of expression is as great. Envious of some Mick fucked though.

Off topic, but check out little known Baby It's You by A Group Called Smith. Gayle McCormick (dead) could be both sultry and wail. Believe it or not, she played at my HS Junior prom before cutting an album.
reddog1951 is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 03:06 PM   #7
tyboy1
Premium Access

Encounters: 33

I am 70. My first rock album was Out of our heads, Stones. It came out in 1965. These guys are still playing. Compare the songs on that album to the bubble gummer shit on the Beatles first album.
The Who was not a sell out band either but I prefer the Stones.
tyboy1 is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 04:07 PM   #8
kerwil62
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

I wouldn’t say these bands were the best rock bands but they were the most popular throughout the 60’s.

You can’t deny the songwriting duo John Lennon and Paul McCartney. I’m sure they didn’t write every song the Beatles recorded but they wrote the most of their major hits. Their catalog was serious enough to make Michael Jackson buy it(it was rumored that Paul McCartney bought it back).

The Stones just happened to be the longest rock band going. They have a serious catalog of hits as well. Eddie Murphy once said that Mick Jagger was an ugly muthafucka with big ass lips but since he fronts a rock band he was getting ALL the pussy!

Now The Who, shit they were the most destructive rock band. Smashing guitars, kicking over their amps, kicking over drums, just fucking up stages everywhere they played. The mastermind behind their music is Pete Townshend, who basically has written a huge majority of their music. And the original drummer Keith Moon was one of the craziest musicians ever. But the guitar destruction phenomenon goes to the originator Pete Townshend and it became a trend in rock music.
kerwil62 is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 04:32 PM   #9
majorjones
Premium Access

Encounters: 36

Just some trivia, somewhat related. Until Dustys death in 2021 ZZ Top was the longest-running American band that original members remained constant throughout its existence. 52 years together.
majorjones is online now   Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 10:34 AM   #10
Ericka xoxo
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 562616
My ECCIE Reviews

Led Zeppelin!
Ericka xoxo is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 10:32 PM   #11
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog1951 View Post
I f'ing love the Stones, but have to give the edge to the Beatles. Their music matured thru the years (probably due to "experiences" as Hendrix would say) from " I wanna hold your hand" basic stuff to such delicate songs like Norweigan Wood, Michelle, and While my guitar gently weeped. Drive my car is one of my favorite, although not exactly a work of art. The Stones are the Stones and great, but personally don't think their range of expression is as great. Envious of some Mick fucked though.

Off topic, but check out little known Baby It's You by A Group Called Smith. Gayle McCormick (dead) could be both sultry and wail. Believe it or not, she played at my HS Junior prom before cutting an album.
The Beatles showed amazing maturation, but... The Stones and Who matured a lot, too, and it is less amazing only because they didn't begin as Boy Bands singing little pop songs.

Gayle McCormick? Yeah, I know her better for her modest solo hit ''it's a crying shame''. She was easy on the eyes too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericka xoxo View Post
Led Zeppelin!
I don't remember their name listed in my original post

But yeah, they aren't included simply because the other bands got a 4 year head start. Even keeping to the 60's, I'll listen to Dazed and Confusion as fast as anything from the other bands.
Old 07-17-2023, 06:12 AM   #12
Number1stunner
Valued Poster

Encounters: 65

Kerwil….empty your PM’s….got some info for you
Number1stunner is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 09:06 PM   #13
NordicJag
Premium Access

Encounters: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorjones View Post
To answer your specific question, Stones.
To add my twist: If I had to pick one complete catalog of works by a rock group as my favorite it would be ZEP!!! They had only 2 in the sixties.
When I saw the 3 candidates my immediate thought was that maybe Zepplin should have been in there.
NordicJag is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 02:56 PM   #14
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicJag View Post
When I saw the 3 candidates my immediate thought was that maybe Zepplin should have been in there.
No, because they only had 2 albums in the 1960's. They will be included if I ask about 1970's bands.

Funny, since this thread started, I got 2 Beatles and 2 Stones albums. And one Who, a box set sampler of their box set. Looked (and is) cool, even thought I had all the songs already.

The Beatles are both Giles (George's Son) Martin mixes that sound incredible. The 2 Stones are audiophile out-of-print CD's. I'm really big on great sound, and it took these specific mixes/masterings to entice me to buy.
Old 07-28-2023, 04:20 PM   #15
Tiger811
Lifetime Premium Access

Led Zeppelin!
Tiger811 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women