Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70548
biomed161608
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453117
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48041
pyramider46370
bambino40770
CryptKicker37136
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 11-14-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
markroxny
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3
Exclamation Can Rand Paul lead GOP to compromise on immigration and marijuana?

Rand like is father is a very interesting political animal. A Republican-Libertarian. I don't agree with his politics of course, but I find this story interesting in light of the GOP civil war and breakdown since the election.

Quote:
Republican Senator Paul is expanding his national profile in what has been tagged a "Rand Paul Evolution," Tuesday, according to Politico. It began when the Kentucky senator launched television ads in "Ohio, West Virginia and Florida Senate races, hammering incumbent Democrats on foreign aid."
With money from his political action committee, Paul is pushing a foreign aid policy that would block funds going to Libya, Egypt and Pakistan. Paul also hopes to endear himself and his party to young and minority voters. He is prepared to introduce two proposals to develop workable, conservative compromises on popular social issues.
Paul's compromises represent Libertarian ideas learned at his dad's knee to which Paul has added elements he hopes TEA Party supporters might embrace. Paul is going to reach for bipartisan support on the following two proposals:
  1. Immigration: Paul is proposing assimilation for undocumented immigrants already in America, with an "eventual path" to citizenship. The "trade-off" to make it palatable to conservatives would be “not to accept any new legal immigrants while we’re assimilating the ones who are here.”
  2. Marijuana laws: Soften mandatory penalties for possession and non violent drug crimes "that could destroy a young person's life."
Does that mean that Paul is willing to give up some of his ideas Democrats and even some Republicans find outrageous? Paul will stand his ground on his highly controversial push for less military intervention in overseas conflicts. After all, this is the man who proclaimed, "We have come to take our country back."
An article in the Kentucky Hazard Herald heralded Rand Paul as a likely GOP candidate for the presidency in 2016. The author warned, "If the Republicans ever expect to be successful they are going to have to take a look at people like Rand Paul. The population seems more likely to accept a libertarian ideology than the standard conservative label. And, if you examine the philosophy, the conservatives would have what they say they want."
markroxny is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
markroxny
Valued Poster

Did you read this article COF?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Yes.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
markroxny
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Yes.
Ok, thanks for the detailed response and reaction .

LOL
Old 11-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Why do I have to respond to everything you post? It wasn't interesting.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #6
markroxny
Valued Poster

Quote:
Why do I have to respond to everything you post? It wasn't interesting.
Thats funny, because when I say your articles and video links aren't interesting you say it's because I "have nothing substantive" to add.

Ok Mr. Libertarian. I see what's good for the goose is not good for the gander.

I'll remember this post next time you post one of your duds.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I don't think I've ever commented on your decision to not respond to one of my posts. Another lie. You are losing your grip, KarlMarxRoxny.

Rand Paul is not interesting. He's got some good ideas, but he's primarily trying to ride his father's coattails to a political career. Time will tell if he's any good. Right now, I doubt if he will even be re-elected in Kentucky, let alone run for President.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #8
markroxny
Valued Poster

Quote:
I don't think I've ever commented on your decision to not respond to one of my posts. Another lie. You are losing your grip, KarlMarxRoxny.
Really Old man?

Quote:
You didn't read the column, did you, KarlMarxRoxny? I know Assup didn't read it, it had too many big words.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #9
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I was right, wasn't I? You made a nonsense comment, and I called you on it. It's different. But you are so full of hate, you can't see straight. You're a hater, and that's what hater's do. They hate.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #10
markroxny
Valued Poster

Quote:
I was right, wasn't I? You made a nonsense comment, and I called you on it. It's different. But you are so full of hate, you can't see straight. You're a hater, and that's what hater's do. They hate.
You should know.

I read your article, it was boring, as was your old man Paul video clip that you were too lazy to expand on. So you are wrong....again....as usual.

I didn't make any comment at all. I posted a picture to encourage you to stop crying, because since the election that's all you've been doing. Crying, whining and complaining.

So again, wrong.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #11
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by markroxny View Post
Ok, thanks for the detailed response and reaction .

LOL
That is detailed for him LOL

I predict yes, he plays a part in passing something on immigration, but not on marijuana.

Quote:
He's got some good ideas, but he's primarily trying to ride his father's coattails to a political career. Time will tell if he's any good. Right now, I doubt if he will even be re-elected in Kentucky, let alone run for President.
He doesn't, he is, he's not, he won't.
LordBeaverbrook is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #12
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18
Default Get Rid of the Radicals

"Get Rid of the Radicals"

"the party needs to abandon the tribal approach of the past four years — "if President Obama and Democrats are for it, we are against it (even if we were for it yesterday)." A party that puts its own short-term political advantage ahead of solving problems for the country, that puts obstruction ahead of compromise, will win elections only if it can manipulate the process or wait for catastrophe great enough that voters will accept any alternative. That kind of party will provide a huge weight around the neck of any presidential candidate, even a reasonable one."

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate...and-compromise

A bit more common sense from a Republican that will be ignored. Where was Norm a year or two ago?
LordBeaverbrook is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #13
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

I think Rand Paul is a rube. I think his dad is a loony. And I think the teabaggers here are DIPSHITS!

That's WHAT I BELIEVE!

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #14
gnadfly
Account Disabled

What's your avatar doing about marijuana reform Mark? He's had 4 years and issued many executive orders.
gnadfly is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women