Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70548
biomed161608
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453117
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48040
pyramider46370
bambino40768
CryptKicker37136
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Default OBAMA DOESN'T BELEIVE IN WORK REQUIREMENTS....

Obama gutted Clinton's 1996 work requirement reform of welfare. It (the Clinton reform) was passed with bi-partisan support.............the Obama change was not bi-partisan; just an executive order (by fiat if you will) !

http://www.therightscoop.com/new-rom...elfare-reform/
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Another Executive Order I suppose? I'd like to say it's just more politico purchasing votes, but I think it's more than that with This One. He actually thinks in his Social Democratic mind that he's saving the world one hand out at a time. Well that and getting another vote one hand out at a time. He is such a pie-in-the-sky dreamer that he actually believes in the things he's doing to buy votes. Pfft.

He and his buddies would be screaming bloody murder if a Republican POTUS were to issue so many overreaching and illegal Executive Orders.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s..._proposes.html
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
Another Executive Order I suppose? I'd like to say it's just more politico purchasing votes, but I think it's more than that with This One. He actually thinks in his Social Democratic mind that he's saving the world one hand out at a time. Well that and getting another vote one hand out at a time. He is such a piece-of-shit schemer that he actually believes in the things he's doing to buy votes. Pfft.

He and his buddies would be screaming bloody murder if a Republican POTUS were to issue so many overreaching and illegal Executive Orders.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s..._proposes.html
Fixed that for ya!
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

All Hail El Duce'.........

Old 08-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

If Obama gets his wish, the rapid transformation into a European-style social democracy will continue in unabated fashion.

And with no plan for actually telling anyone that they're going to have to, uh, pay for it!

(Well, no one, of course, other than all the greedy "millionaires and billionaires" who aren't paying their "fair share.")

The obvious hope is that many millions of ignorant simpletons who suffer from severe cases of innumeracy can't figure out that there's a slight math problem with that plan. And, of course, that beneficiaries of all the largesse won't care.

Free ice cream! I promise you that the fat kid down the street will eat your broccoli for you!

Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #6
BigLouie
Valued Poster

You all should stop lying and tell everyone the truth.

Romney’s lying. He’s not spinning the truth to his advantage; he’s not hiding in a gray area between fact and fiction; he’s just lying. The law hasn’t been “gutted”; the work requirement hasn’t been “dropped.”

All Obama did is agree to Republican governors’ request for flexibility. That’s it. Indeed, perhaps the most jaw-dropping aspect of this is that Romney himself, during his one gubernatorial term, asked for the same kind of flexibility on welfare law that Obama agreed to last month. Romney, in other words, is attacking the president for doing what Romney asked the executive branch to do in 2005.

That is correct Republican governors asked for flexibility on deciding for themselves about work requirements and Obama said OK and now we get this.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #7
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
All Obama did is agree to Republican governors’ request for flexibility. That’s it. Indeed, perhaps the most jaw-dropping aspect of this is that Romney himself, during his one gubernatorial term, asked for the same kind of flexibility on welfare law that Obama agreed to last month. Romney, in other words, is attacking the president for doing what Romney asked the executive branch to do in 2005.
I should have known that Olivia would be gullible enough to jump all over this.

I'm sure DaveC will be here in no time to defend her somehow.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
I should have known that Olivia would be gullible enough to jump all over this.

I'm sure DaveC will be here in no time to defend her somehow.
Here’s the opening from the AP article I posted a link to:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration has quietly opened the door for states to seek major changes in how they meet federal welfare-to-work requirements for some of their poorest residents, and leading conservatives are crying foul.

In a memo to states issued with little notice late Thursday, the federal Health and Human Services Department said it is interested in approving state experiments that will help “find more effective mechanisms for helping families succeed in employment.”

States will not be able to escape the work requirements of the landmark 1996 federal welfare reform law, the administration said, but they may get federal approval to try to accomplish the same goals by using different methods than those spelled out in the legislation.

Fall for it. What exactly did I fall for? That Hommie is going around legislation again like he’s a Banana Republic dictator or something? I was going off the AP article I posted a link to not some political ad. I’m not a sound bite idiot like some. I don’t even have a TV. You need to read more what I post instead of reading what you want into my posts.

See the text in red. The work / trade training was spelled out in the legislation – bipartisan I may add legislation. Hommie can’t just go around by Executive Order slashing up legislation. We don’t have a line-item-veto. Remember the very same veto Ronnie tried to get signed into law, but the Legislative Branch felt that gave too much power to the Executive Branch. Remember? Humm?

I don’t care that Romney, Perry or any governor asked for it. Asking ain’t getting. They were probably trying to buy minority and poor votes just like Hommie is! Da, don’t you get it? Two wrongs don’t make a right. Didn’t you listen to your mother either, since you don’t seem to listen to anyone, when she was trying to teach you the tried and true axioms of life.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #9
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Obama didn't have to do this via executive order if it had widespread support from the states....

In addition, Obama is on record saying he doesn't belive in the work requirement.......put the 2 together and you get an end run around the reform legislation for the sole purpose of weakening the work requirements !

Like the thread top states: OBAMA DOESN'T BELIEVE IN THE WORK REQUIREMENT OF THE WELFARE REFORM LEGISLATION !!!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Romney charged Obama with the idea that Obama wants to make America a "nation of government dependency." Duh. Tell us something we don't know.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-07-17-44-56
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #11
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Obama didn't have to do this via executive order if it had widespread support from the states....

In addition, Obama is on record saying he doesn't belive in the work requirement.......put the 2 together and you get an end run around the reform legislation for the sole purpose of weakening the work requirements !

Like the thread top states: OBAMA DOESN'T BELIEVE IN THE WORK REQUIREMENT OF THE WELFARE REFORM LEGISLATION !!!!!
Then by what instrument is the taken decision enacted? That Obama has widespread support from other politicians wanting to streamline - no mainline - welfare to their constituency is no real surprise. Making people work and teaching them to fish instead of giving them fish is such a pain. And an expensive pain I'll guess, besides it guarantees votes. I swear we should go back to land-owner's voting or something like that. The only dog these people have in the fight is their subsistence livings and that's not right.

Who is surprised that he doesn't support teach them to fish programs or working for your daily bread? He's a Social Democrat, and he won't be happy until he's force fed it to the rest of the nation. My complaint with the action is two fold. One, I agreed with welfare reform. And two, I don't agree with breaking the law because it doesn't either buy votes; it is against your beliefs that people should work for a living; or it is to hard to administer.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #12
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Carney lied when he said 2 Republican governors requested a waiver to the work requirement !

No Republican Governor asked for the waiver that Obama ordered in secret, via executive order, in the middle of the night, and on a weekend.......................

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/08/08/...elfare-reform/
Old 08-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #13
CJ7
Valued Poster

when you finish humping each other, there this

or as sane people would put it, the FACTS.

enjoy

On Tuesday, the Romney campaign released an ad claiming that on July 12, President Obama "quietly announced a plan to gut welfare reform" by doing away with the work requirements Bill Clinton signed into law with 1996's Welfare Reform Act. This is not even sort of true, but the Obama campaign will obviously still be forced to explain away the claim. To that end, Clinton has released a statement criticizing it.

Clinton pointed out that all the administration has done is enacted a policy that offers states more flexibility by allowing them to submit proposed changes to their welfare programs to the Department of Health and Human Services. He also explained exactly why this does not pose a threat to the reforms he instituted:
"The act emerged after years of experiments at the state level, including my work as Governor of Arkansas beginning in 1980. When I became President, I granted waivers from the old law to 44 states to implement welfare to work strategies before welfare reform passed.
"After the law was enacted, every state was required to design a plan to move people into the workforce, along with more funds to help pay for training, childcare and transportation. As a result, millions of people moved from welfare to work.
"The Administration has taken important steps to ensure that the work requirement is retained and that waivers will be granted only if a state can demonstrate that more people will be moved into work under its new approach. The welfare time limits, another important feature of the 1996 act will not be waived
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:04 PM   #14
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Clinton opposed the work requirement back when he was President...no suprise he comes to the rescue of Obama who guts the work provision.......

Clinton vetoed the work requirement measure 3 times !!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do Democrats hate the producers in our economy ?
Old 08-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #15
CJ7
Valued Poster

earth to whirlie ...
CJ7 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women