Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-31-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Christian Charity at it's Finest

Pastor denies waitress a tip, saying he gives God 10%, so why should she get 18%. Pastor then calls and demands that all the managers be fired after she posts that on Reddit. Waitress get fired.

Won't be spending much at Applebee's anymore.

Here's the article: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/3...o-tip-receipt/

And people wonder why the churches are losing members.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Years ago, I remember either Ann Landers or her sister Dear Abby running a letter from a "good Christian" couple stating that when they ate a restaurants, rather than leave money for a waitress, they liked to leave a short Bible passage on a piece of paper as their tip. They thought this was a better thing then money.

Needless to say Ann/Abby ripped them a new one and pretty much made the same points - how is the waitress supposed to make rent and buy groceries with the stupid little lines of Scripture?

This pastor needs to be publicly outed and folks should demand his church fire him.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:19 PM   #3
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

His church probably consists of a bunch of pricks even more self-righteous as him.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Encounters: 7

Actually it's a her. It's a small, 15 member, Evangelical church existing in a store front. Although, she did later apologize. Like that's going to anything for the waitress. Maybe the pastor should take some reading comprehension lessons. Many, if not most of the restaurants that I have worked or eaten in state right on their menu that a gratuity for large parties will be added automatically.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...logizes-687234
chefnerd is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #5
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

It is a shame that there are idiots all over the world of all walks of life and faiths.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #6
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
It is a shame that there are idiots all over the world of all walks of life and faiths.
Way more religious idiots...do the math!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #7
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Way more religious idiots...do the math!
Since most people follow some sort of religion it is logical to believe that there are a lot of idiots that follow a religion of some sort. It is not logical to believe the religion causes the idiots. I think it is more logical to assume the idiots use whatever is available to justify their stupidity and religion is a handy tool for them.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #8
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Maybe she didn't deserve a tip? There are no laws that say you have to pay a gratuity at all. It was rude of her to out the pastor or to post anything about it. She deserved to get fired.

It has nothing to do what so ever about religion or the people who to the pastors church.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #9
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
Since most people follow some sort of religion it is logical to believe that there are a lot of idiots that follow a religion of some sort. It is not logical to believe the religion causes the idiots. I think it is more logical to assume the idiots use whatever is available to justify their stupidity and religion is a handy tool for them.
^^^ This. People are just generally stupid (I am by no means claiming I am an exception from that rule!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
Maybe she didn't deserve a tip? There are no laws that say you have to pay a gratuity at all. It was rude of her to out the pastor or to post anything about it. She deserved to get fired.

It has nothing to do what so ever about religion or the people who to the pastors church.
Except that she didn't have to be an asshole about it with the "God only gets 10%" thing. She opened the door for religious attacks when she made the God statement.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #10
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo_123 View Post
^^^

Except that she didn't have to be an asshole about it with the "God only gets 10%" thing. She opened the door for religious attacks when she made the God statement.

The waitress was the one who opened the door for any fool who wants to slam a religon or the good people who go to that church.. . Wrong or right..she had no fucking business embarassing the costomers of her employer. She is the one who opened the the door to her termination. I would have fired her to.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #11
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Well, it's a proven fact that religion is good business. Right?

Heh, Dolly, both you and Applebees are doing her a favor. Both of you see employees as something other than assets, asshats.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #12
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
The waitress was the one who opened the door for any fool who wants to slam a religon or the good people who go to that church.. . Wrong or right..she had no fucking business embarassing the costomers of her employer. She is the one who opened the the door to her termination. I would have fired her to.
I agree that the waitress should not have put up that thread on Reddit (or at least she should've have made herself identifiable). I can't disagree with Applebee's decision to let her go either since this is also making Applebee's look bad that it can't keep its employees under control

That being said, the pastor was an asshat and I can't feel sorry for the negative PR that this is bringing her and those who continue to let her represent them.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #13
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

Both were wrong, period. And randy wtf do you have against employers? You are always slamming them.
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #14
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

The pastor was an idiot for writing the note.

Restaurants often automatically charge tips for groups over a certain size and that information is disclosed on the menu typically. She had no option but to pay the tip or take her business elsewhere.

I would like to think she left the tip in cash and was not being a bitch but that is not the impression she left by writing that note. As for firing the waitress I have mixed emotions. I do not like it but if it was my business I might have fired her also. To be honest, I would probably make that decision based on if I thought it was necessary to prevent negative publicity that would hurt my profits. If I did not think that was an issue I would have made it clear not to ever do that again to all staff members but then let her continue working as long as she was good at her job.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #15
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Now that Christianity no longer blames my peeps for Jesus death, I feel a need to defend them.
They shouldn't have women as their Rabbi, though.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women