Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
test
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60379
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41552
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35924
Mojojo33117

Old 08-27-2015, 12:09 PM   #1
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19
Default Smart Phones & Eccie PMs

Has anyone considered losing the hobby phone & using only PMs for communication?

With smart phones, you can go to the corner of 1st & Main street, send a pm & then the girl can PM you right back with the rest of the directions.

Other than not everyone having a smartphone, whats the down side?

You initiate contact through ECCIE, why not keep it all there?

Delete your browsing history afterwards. No Hobby phone to get busted with or Unwanted/Untimely calls.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:13 PM   #2
MILFEater
MILF Eater

Encounters: 53

I have worked via PM's before one day when I left my phone at home...used my tablet and hotspot to connect. It was a little awkward but worked.
MILFEater is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:47 PM   #3
koseylee
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

I have found PMs to be rather slow at times
koseylee is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:49 PM   #4
daty/o
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73

I agree; it would be nice to have even less exposure, but, to be honest, I think that would be harder on the provider and it's hard enough to get a response as it is.
daty/o is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:59 PM   #5
jwood
Valued Poster

Encounters: 75

It would have to ding (make a noise) or it might take forever for the lady to read it.
jwood is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 01:05 PM   #6
corona
Premium Access

Encounters: 88

I'll tell you why - the ashley madison hack.
corona is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 01:09 PM   #7
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Also, a few of us (Elisabeth raises her hand) require hearing a guy's voice before meeting. So that wouldn't work for me.

Plus, at my current incall, it's a tad tricky to get to my place. The street has a funny shape. A phone is imperative for me.

A lot of my guys use google voice for the phone, though. They seem to love it.

I tried it a few times, didn't like it for daily business needs.
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 01:33 PM   #8
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

I read the first post and thought "good idea".. you guys shot it down fast, LOL..
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 01:56 PM   #9
Invisible1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 23

The Downside of PMs:
PMs are often delayed 5 to 60 minutes or more.
PMs are stored and maintained (for example, backed up) on eccie server hard drives and can be reviewed or searched by mods or their superiors if requested by one of the parties to the PM.

It's not clear if deleted PMs are completely deleted and unretrievable at a later time by the eccie webmaster or other eccie technogeeks.

Actually, I dont remember reading that there is any enforceable expectation of privacy in an eccie PM. They are called private messages and under normal operating conditions seem to be private......but:

In years past, I have seen Eccie hacked by *************** leaving PMs, chat conversations and ROS writings made searchable on the Internet. In fact, I think some remnants may still be out there, but I am not sure.

To learn more Google: "the truth about **********" there is blog post as recent as Feb 19, 2015 discussing the potential return of *************** There are also twitter feeds associated with it that you can follow.

It appears eccie is aware of hackers and does want to protect its site and members against hackers, but in the words of Forest Gump, "Shit Happens."

Go ahead and use the PM system for all hobby related contact and conversations if you want to. Just be aware of the potential risks.

By the way, have you Googled your handle with the word "eccie" next to it lately? Seriously, for example Google "eccie [yourhandle]" But you probably already know about the search results right? And, hey, it's a handle and not a real name. So you are as safe as your handle (or your IP address, or something.....hmmmmm.) Try just searching your handle alone. If your handle is unusual, there may be some interesting search results.

On the other hand:
Texts rarely are delayed more than a minute.
Texting is more secure and private.
Texts have protections that make them very hard for anyone to monitor, except the government under "certain" circumstances.

I would venture to say that emails, depending how you set them up, use them and delete them, are much safer than eccie PMs.

Hey, it's your hobby. Do what is best for your situation.
Invisible1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 01:58 PM   #10
grean
Valued Poster

I totally understand wanting to hear a real voice first, Elizabeth. However, I know alot of girls also get tired of random calls by horny clients. I have been contacted more than once by providers trying to get some business. PM first to authorize calling/texting.

May I ask after PMing with a guy, how many have you turned down afterwards, based on the phone conversation? I would think if they are well mannered through PMs they would also be over the phone, no?
grean is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:00 PM   #11
Invisible1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 23

Wow! That is a first for me. I had an automatic computer generated edit of my post. I guess certain words are never allowed to be posted....

Mods, I had no idea. I am just trying to help others be safe. Please have mercy.
Invisible1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:36 PM   #12
glade55
BANNED

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible1 View Post
The Downside of PMs:
PMs are often delayed 5 to 60 minutes or more.
PMs are stored and maintained (for example, backed up) on eccie server hard drives and can be reviewed or searched by mods or their superiors if requested by one of the parties to the PM.

It's not clear if deleted PMs are completely deleted and unretrievable at a later time by the eccie webmaster or other eccie technogeeks.

Actually, I dont remember reading that there is any enforceable expectation of privacy in an eccie PM. They are called private messages and under normal operating conditions seem to be private......but:

In years past, I have seen Eccie hacked by *************** leaving PMs, chat conversations and ROS writings made searchable on the Internet. In fact, I think some remnants may still be out there, but I am not sure.

To learn more Google: "the truth about **********" there is blog post as recent as Feb 19, 2015 discussing the potential return of *************** There are also twitter feeds associated with it that you can follow.

It appears eccie is aware of hackers and does want to protect its site and members against hackers, but in the words of Forest Gump, "Shit Happens."

Go ahead and use the PM system for all hobby related contact and conversations if you want to. Just be aware of the potential risks.

By the way, have you Googled your handle with the word "eccie" next to it lately? Seriously, for example Google "eccie [yourhandle]" But you probably already know about the search results right? And, hey, it's a handle and not a real name. So you are as safe as your handle (or your IP address, or something.....hmmmmm.) Try just searching your handle alone. If your handle is unusual, there may be some interesting search results.

On the other hand:
Texts rarely are delayed more than a minute.
Texting is more secure and private.
Texts have protections that make them very hard for anyone to monitor, except the government under "certain" circumstances.

I would venture to say that emails, depending how you set them up, use them and delete them, are much safer than eccie PMs.

Hey, it's your hobby. Do what is best for your situation.
glade55 is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:50 PM   #13
grean
Valued Poster

And you can't argue with that.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:59 PM   #14
kiki2012
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 140459
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I have had appointments before solely thru PM only cause I knew him already or we been planning ahead for few days and he was well verified. And like some of you guys I have my pm's delayed for hours or even days! I go and check and see I missed several pm's! I do love text lol
kiki2012 is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:27 PM   #15
Goose2u
Valued Poster

Encounters: 49

I got to admit before I had a damn throw away and I was just amping it was a hell of a lot easier
Goose2u is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women