Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48371
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26
Default Is Abortion Biblical?

Santorum is gonna be pissed!

What the Bible says about Abortion

Abortion is not murder. A fetus is not considered a human life. If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life. -- Exodus 21:22-23 The Bible places no value on fetuses or infants less than one month old. And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver. -- Leviticus 27:6 Fetuses and infants less than one month old are not considered persons. Number the children of Levi after the house of their fathers, by their families: every male from a month old and upward shalt thou number them. And Moses numbered them according to the word of the LORD. -- Numbers 3:15-16 God sometimes approves of killing fetuses. And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. -- Numbers 31:15-17
(Some of the non-virgin women must have been pregnant. They would have been killed along with their unborn fetuses.) Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. -- Hosea 9:14 Yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb. -- Hosea 9:16 Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. -- Hosea 13:16 God sometimes kills newborn babies to punish their parents. Because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die. -- 2 Samuel 12:14 God sometimes causes abortions by cursing unfaithful wives. The priest shall say unto the woman, The LORD make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the LORD doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell. And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen. ...
And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people. And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed. -- Numbers 5:21-21, 27-28 God's law sometimes requires the execution (by burning to death) of pregnant women. Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot; and also, behold, she is with child by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her forth, and let her be burnt. -- Genesis 38:24
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Did you make this shit up or are you being possessed by the Reverend Stevie Wonder?
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

I ain't reading that shit Steven. You should be glad your Momma did not believe in abortion.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
Sidewinder
Lifetime Premium Access

The other side of the story may be found in many places. Here's one:

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apco...11&article=763

The most widely questioned section of Numbers 31 is verses 17-18: “Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women-children, that have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.” To understand this passage, one must realize that Numbers 25 is the “prequel” to the events recorded in Numbers 31. Numbers 25 tells how the Midianites, specifically the women, led the Israelites astray into worshiping the Baal or Peor. The Lord’s anger burned against Israel, and He struck them with a plague. The plague ended when Phinehas, the grandson of Aaron, killed an Israelite man and the Midianite woman he brought into his family (Numbers 25:6-9). The relations with Midianite women were in direct violation of God’s commands in Deuteronomy 7:3-4: “[N]either shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. For he will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of Jehovah be kindled against you, and he will destroy thee quickly.”

As a result of these events, God instructed the Israelites to “Vex the Midianites, and smite them; for they vex you with their wiles, wherewith they have beguiled you in the matter of Peor, and in the matter of Cozbi, the daughter of the prince of Midian, their sister, who was slain on the day of the plague in the matter of Peor” (Numbers 25:17-18). When, in Numbers 31, the army brought back the women, it was in direct violation to God’s order in Numbers 25 to destroy the Midianites, who would lead the Israelites into apostasy.

There's more, but you can do your own homework. The SHORT version is that you quoted the words very much out of context. Whether you did it deliberately, or out of ignorance, having merely repeated something someone else told you, is sort of immaterial.
Sidewinder is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Since 98+ percent of all abortions are "convienience abortions", (that is, the child is just simply not wanted), I wonder what The Bible, or any other religious book for that matter, says about that?
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Stevie, you realize you quoted from the book that says gays and disobedient children should be executed. I don't think those passages are considered relevant these days. Just sayin'.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #7
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

I knew that all I had to do was cast a little chum on the water and the fish would rise to the bait.

This just illustrates the incredibly inane "pick and choose" the religious right decides to use to "interpret" scripture.

Just like they rail about the abomination before God of same sex marriage, they conveniently assign as "archaic" the Old Testament values which where also "abominations before God" such as eating shellfish or fish without scales.
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #8
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

You are truly disturbed, Stevie.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #9
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post
This just illustrates the incredibly inane "pick and choose" the religious right decides to use to "interpret" scripture.
Little Blind Boy, you are an abomination. You lie when you ascribe to the right all who are devout and religious.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #10
Missy Mariposa
Magdalene in gogo boots

User ID: 10853
My ECCIE Reviews

I got the satire/point. I can't believe no one else did.
Missy Mariposa is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:11 AM   #11
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

The cut and paste without citation.
Abortion is not murder. A fetus is not considered a human life. If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life. -- Exodus 21:22-23
The original text with citation/link: http://www.faithdelivered.net/articles/abortion.html
"If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman’s husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe." (Exodus 21:22-25).
A life for a life? Sounds like murder to me.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #12
Missy Mariposa
Magdalene in gogo boots

User ID: 10853
My ECCIE Reviews

Are people still missing the point? Seriously?

The point is stop quoting the Old Testament like it still applies to today's world. Otherwise you better own slaves, have multiple wives, and never work on Sundays.
Missy Mariposa is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #13
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post
I knew that all I had to do was cast a little chum on the water and the fish would rise to the bait.
Wow, this is hilarious stuff!

It must be a forum first! (Someone openly admitting that he's a troll.)
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #14
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Wow, this is hilarious stuff!

It must be a forum first! (Someone openly admitting that he's a troll.)
...and that's rather honorable compared to the other 'wolves in sheeps clothing' who post bait link after bait link with unsubstantiated facts. Bravo Stevie!
Sa_artman is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #15
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Little Stevie and Big Louie are serial plagarists.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women