Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48371
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26
Default History Doesn't Lie

History Doesn't Lie - that's why Teapublicans have to distort it!

http://youtu.be/C_UwkE7hB4s
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Geez, Stevie. You're starting to make me like Republicans again. Thank God for the filibuster!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

I'm thinking of naming my next dog "Buster". LOL
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #4
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Okay a couple of salient points; the House has no filibusters and the House is where all, ALL, spending bills originate. There is no Constitutional filibuster, it is a Senate rule that could be changed by the Senate if they have enough votes. Despite the harpings of Rachel Maddow, there have been very few filibusters. What you have are threatened filibusters which seem to have the affect of a filibuster. The word you are looking for is "cloture". That is how the Senate dealt with filibusters in 1917. A real filibuster is when a Senator has the floor and is able to speak (and hold the floor) for as long as they can physically do it (think Mr. Smith Goes to Washington). Anytime a Senator refused to give up the floor (a filibuster) it could be overridden with 2/3s of the Senate. In 1975 they changed that to 3/5s of the Senate. So your filibuster is now the equivalent of threatening to hold you breath until you turn blue. The last real filibuster was 13 years ago.

Some light reading. Enjoy. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,156686,00.html

Oh, so your post is crap and so is MSNBC for promoting this crap.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Despite the harpings of Rachel Maddow, there have been very few filibusters. What you have are threatened filibusters which seem to have the affect of a filibuster. The word you are looking for is "cloture". The last real filibuster was 13 years ago.

Oh, so your post is crap and so is MSNBC for promoting this crap.
My post reported FACTS, Barleybrains!

YOUR post used "semantics" to try to cloud the truth that Republicans had blocked over 400 votes in comparison to only a few per year prior to implementation of their obstructionist strategy. Their "threat" to filibuster was used to block DOZENS of jobs bills in the Senate and to stop meaningful Senate legislation on jobs and infrastructure. They have also refused to confirm a record number of judicial appointments using the same tactics.

AND NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU ATTEMPT TO CLOUD THE ISSUE, THE CLIPS OF ROMNEY, McCONNELL, RYAN AND OTHERS STILL PROVE THEY ARE LYING ABOUT THE 60 VOTE THRESHOLD THEY SWORE DEMS HAD!!!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #6
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Harmony

Don't you love when it people (ahem) work in harmony?

. . . Why don't that do that more often?

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:12 AM   #7
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Thus proving that little Stevie can't think on his own. He has to link to Maddow??? It is what it is. A filibuster like the kind that the democrats tried in 1964 to keep blacks from voting was really a filibuster. A threat is not an attack. That is why assualt and battery are two different things.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #8
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

History doesn't lie?

If that is true .......................
Then we will see not far from now that George Bush will go into history as the worst president the United States has ever had.
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
History doesn't lie?

If that is true .......................
Then we will see not far from now that George Bush will go into history as the worst president the United States has ever had.
Let's be fair, shall we? It is difficult to compare and contrast a POTUS from 150-200 years ago to modern day Presidents. That was a different time and a different era and quite frankly the US foreign policy and economy of that period was not a dominant factor in the world.

It seems to me that GW should be judged on the here and now. I believe the more appropriate reference to Dubya would be as the "most unpopular (and incompetent) sitting President in modern history!"

Now that's a bandwagon I can jump on!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fac...orge_bush.html
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #10
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Let's be fair, shall we? It is difficult to compare and contrast a POTUS from 150-200 years ago to modern day Presidents. That was a different time and a different era and quite frankly the US foreign policy and economy of that period was not a dominant factor in the world.

It seems to me that GW should be judged on the here and now. I believe the more appropriate reference to Dubya would be as the "most unpopular (and incompetent) sitting President in modern history!"

Now that's a bandwagon I can jump on!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fac...orge_bush.html
I can agree with that
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #11
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

It is just that your media besotted opinion does not match the facts. Facts are difficult things. If you will recall Harry Truman was considered a huge disappontment when he left office. Now he is in the top ten on almost every list. Most of it is about having the courage to make a decision and popularity be damned. That is why Obama will fall very close to Jimmy Carter near the bottom.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
I can agree with that
Carter was a far worse president than George W Bush, and far less popular. Bush got re-elected. Carter lost his re-election bid to Reagan, in a humiliating defeat; the Electoral College vote was 489 to 49.

It's silly to say that Bush was less popular than Carter.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #13
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
A threat is not an attack.

Look, Barleybrains, you and the wingnuts seem only to be capable of splitting hairs in a futile attempt to defend the indefensible. Every one of your posts is an attempt to divert the point I made in my opening post in this thread.

No matter how you choose to parse Cloture and the Filibuster, the obstructionist Teapublicans were the ones who used it to block a 51% majority PROVING exactly what I said - that Ryan, Rmoney, McConnell and the rest LIED ON CAMERA while saying the Dems had a 60-vote majority in the Senate and thus, total control of the Senate and House for the first two years.

You scream, "Maddow!" when it was clear that McConnell, Rmoney, Ryan, Rubio and the rest LIED when they said on camera and for the record, "The President got everything he wanted for the first two years."
Old 09-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #14
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post

Look, Barleybrains, you and the wingnuts seem only to be capable of splitting hairs in a futile attempt to defend the indefensible. Every one of your posts is an attempt to divert the point I made in my opening post in this thread.

No matter how you choose to parse Cloture and the Filibuster, the obstructionist Teapublicans were the ones who used it to block a 51% majority PROVING exactly what I said - that Ryan, Rmoney, McConnell and the rest LIED ON CAMERA while saying the Dems had a 60-vote majority in the Senate and thus, total control of the Senate and House for the first two years.

You scream, "Maddow!" when it was clear that McConnell, Rmoney, Ryan, Rubio and the rest LIED when they said on camera and for the record, "The President got everything he wanted for the first two years."
The 111th Congress was dominated by the Dims, Little Blind Boy. You lie when you state otherwise.

The 111th Congress January 3, 2009, until January 3, 2011

The Senate . . . . . Dims. . Repubs

Final voting share. . . . . . .58% . . . . 42%

The House. . . . . . Dims. . Repubs

Final voting share . . . . . . 58.8% . . . 41.2%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/111th_U...tates_Congress
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #15
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Amazing the petubs hold a majority in the house,but the dems have a 58.8% voting share.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women