Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: What should happen to Bo Bergdahl?
He should recieve the maximum penalty which is life, reduction, and forfeiture of all benefits. 14 63.64%
He is young and should recieve a lighter sentence but forfeit all benefits. 2 9.09%
He is a confused kid and we should be satisfied with time served and a dishonorable discharge. 2 9.09%
A general discharge, time served, and presidential pardon will do the trick for me. 0 0%
No action should be taken and he should be allowed to remain on active duty. 0 0%
He sounds like a perfect democratic candidate for Congress. 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2015, 01:35 AM   #1
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54
Default What should happen to Bo Bergdahl?

I'll borrow a page from President Obama, we all agree that Bo Bergdahl is guilty of crimes against his unit and his country but what do we do with him. There are some that think he has suffered enough, five years in captivity with the terrorists and there are those that think he should be held responsible for the deaths of other military members who tried to recover him (though the real low lives do want to argue if the number is two or six). If even one soldier died in the search for Bergdahl I'll help put the rope around his neck. So let me ask you (another page from Obama), no one can say that Bergdahl is innocent so what it the appropriate punishment?

Of course, this whole incident highlights the poor judgement of the CIC.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:47 AM   #2
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

I think we should give Bo Bergdahl a chance to redeem himself. I think he should be placed in the Houston Astrodome with a lion. Not a lion that has lived in captivity, but one taken out of the wild and is hungry as fuck. Bergdahl should be allowed to have one weapon of his choice other than a firearm. If Bergdahl defeats the Lion he'll be free from all charges and be allowed to live his life anyway he wishes. If he doesn't the Lion will be given a laxative and brought back to his home in the wild. Fair enough.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:58 AM   #3
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

I read about the female lion who has five cubs. Let Bergdahl go into the arena and bring one back out with him. He'll have to knock on the door to get someone's attention when he is ready to leave.

Aren't they cute?
Old 03-28-2015, 04:51 AM   #4
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

Just stake the coward bastard out on a fire ant mound. Then let the buzzards pick his bones.
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:47 AM   #5
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

I'm going to let the Army decide.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:14 AM   #6
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Reliant Stadium. Bo Bergdahl vs Khalid Sheik Mohammed. Bo gets a knife. If he loses his parents are executed.

Time shit got real.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:16 AM   #7
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

---
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:18 AM   #8
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
I'm going to let the Army decide.
Let the Army sort it out...

The story going forward should be about the fuck ups by Team Obama....from their negotiations with terrorists, to the Rose Garden event, to the Susan Rice statement, to the prisoner release conditions.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:24 AM   #9
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Really ?
Old 03-28-2015, 08:58 AM   #10
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I voted for number one, but that is only predicated on if the Army does indeed find him guilty as charged.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:28 PM   #11
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

I have little doubt that the Army will find him guilty but I worry about the sentencing phase. The Army does follow orders and the White House wants this to disappear...quietly. They can do that with time served and a BCD (the least amount of flak).
Old 03-28-2015, 12:49 PM   #12
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Catch 22 they can disappear you.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:23 PM   #13
cafriend
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

The poll question is inaccurate, so I added the USMJ info (added some characters so not web searchable)

If found that he in fact deserted and that his actions caused the deaths of other soldiers then he should be given the maximum penalty under the law.

When I served, the death penalty the sentence for desertion in a combat zone.

Since the US Armed Forces is all volunteer he should have not joined and just stayed home.

The pussification of the Untied States must stop!

ARTICLE 8%5. DE$ERTION
a) Any member of the armed forces who–
(1) without authority goes or remains absent from his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to remain away therefrom permanently;
(2) quits his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to avoid hazardous duty or to shirk important service; or
(3) without being regularly separated from one of the armed forces enlists or accepts an appointment in the same or another on of the armed forces without fully disclosing the fact that he has not been regularly separated, or enters any foreign armed service except when authorized by the United States; is guilty of desertion.
(b) Any commissioned officer of the armed forces who, after tender of his resignation and before notice of its acceptance, quits his post or proper duties without leave and with intent to remain away therefrom permanently is guilty of desertion.
(c) Any person found guilty of desertion or attempt to desert shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct, but if the desertion or attempt to desert occurs at any other time, by such punishment, other than death, as a court-martial may direct.
cafriend is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:04 PM   #14
RochBob
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

I went with the third option even though it doesn't quite fit what I feel he should get. He was willing to sign up. Which is considerably more than some people are willing to do these days. Went through rigorous Training and accepted what would be considered a hazardous duty assignment. He made a stupid naïve mistake by leaving his Base unarmed. The only people that know exactly what the circumstances of his capture were are himself and the Taliban that performed the capture. He was held prisoner by them for 5 years and there is no indication he gave them any aid or assistance and he did try to escape several times. Yes, its unfortunate that other US solders were killed and injured looking for him. But you cannot forget that this was an active combat zone and some of those solders may have been hurt or killed in action anyway. My personal opinion is that the best course of action would be for the Military & Government to let this fade into the background again (which is where it was before the announcement of charges against him). Then quietly Court Martial him for Dereliction of Duty with a sentence of reduction in rank to E-1, forfeiture of all benefits & allowances and an Dishonorable Discharge. As far as any imprisonment goes, I'm pretty sure anything we would do to him would be a stay at a Luxury Resort compared to what he already received at the hands of the Taliban.
RochBob is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:11 PM   #15
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafriend View Post
The poll question is inaccurate, so I added the USMJ info (added some characters so not web searchable)

If found that he in fact deserted and that his actions caused the deaths of other soldiers then he should be given the maximum penalty under the law.

When I served, the death penalty the sentence for desertion in a combat zone.

Since the US Armed Forces is all volunteer he should have not joined and just stayed home.

The pussification of the Untied States must stop!

ARTICLE 8%5. DE$ERTION
a) Any member of the armed forces who–
(1) without authority goes or remains absent from his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to remain away therefrom permanently;
(2) quits his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to avoid hazardous duty or to shirk important service; or
(3) without being regularly separated from one of the armed forces enlists or accepts an appointment in the same or another on of the armed forces without fully disclosing the fact that he has not been regularly separated, or enters any foreign armed service except when authorized by the United States; is guilty of desertion.
(b) Any commissioned officer of the armed forces who, after tender of his resignation and before notice of its acceptance, quits his post or proper duties without leave and with intent to remain away therefrom permanently is guilty of desertion.
(c) Any person found guilty of desertion or attempt to desert shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct, but if the desertion or attempt to desert occurs at any other time, by such punishment, other than death, as a court-martial may direct.

The caveat to your post and the highlighted "in time of war".
The Constitution is very specific in that to be in a state of war, Congress has to actually "declare war".
We have not been in a Declared War since WW-2. So any good Defense Team could probably win an appeal on a death sentence.

In a sense, the Army would be in violation of someone's Constitutional Rights by handing down a death penalty when a Congress had not seen fit to issue a formal Declaration of War.
Jackie S is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women