Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-20-2011, 12:17 AM   #1
rrabbit6926
Ambassador

Encounters: 36
Default Conan

Just came from watching the movie. I'm not sure if what Hollywood is doing by trying to redo alot of classic movies. I think they are running out of ideas and can't think of new ideas. I think they should have left the original movie along. They did an ok job with the special effects and the story although different was good. Overall I was let down from the movie, I think if they at least put Arnold in a small cameo it might have made it better for me. Also the music score from the original is what really set that movie apart.
rrabbit6926 is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:52 AM   #2
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrabbit6926 View Post
Just came from watching the movie. I'm not sure if what Hollywood is doing by trying to redo alot of classic movies. I think they are running out of ideas and can't think of new ideas. I think they should have left the original movie along. They did an ok job with the special effects and the story although different was good. Overall I was let down from the movie, I think if they at least put Arnold in a small cameo it might have made it better for me. Also the music score from the original is what really set that movie apart.
Heard Conan make some comment about taking a head in one of the trailers, just a few words. I thought his voice sounded strange. Is that the case or does he sound decent? Kinda sounded like the voice belonged with another body.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Supposedly that's his voice for pretty much the whole movie, they must think if it worked for Dark Knight it'll work for Conan. Interesting cast of Ron Perlman as Conan's father, in the original William Smith played the role. They could have had Arnie play Conan's father, might have worked out ok as a tie-in. I hear the overall look and feel is closer to Robert E. Howard's writing and a reviewer even mentioned Jason Momoa's look for the film reminded him of the great Frank Frazetta cover art. I'll reserve judgement on that till i see it. the trailer looks good, plan to check it out sometime this weekend.

just for some comparisons, here's a classic Frazetta cover, Frazetta drew Conan as a rough hewn, battle scarred warrior.

would you want to meet this dude in a dark cave?
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #4
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default Re-Makes

I often wonder as well if Hollywood has simply run out of new ideas.

Clash of the Titans: The originol was campy, the special affects crude, but it was enjoyable. The new one, overplayed, too much "meaningfull shit", and while not bad, just not good.

True Grit: The originol was just great, a good platform for John Wayne to showcase some great acting skills, abiet offset by the worst performance of the decade in Glenn Cambell. And Strother Martin as the Horse Dealer was suberb. Robert Duvall as Ned Pepper was tops.

I won't go see the new Conan. I will wait untill it hits Showtime or what ever. There is no way they can capture the raw nature of the originol: War Chief, "Whats Good In Life"....Conan, "To Crush Your Enemies, Have Them Driven Before You, And Hear The Lamentations Of The Women". Classic.
And James Earl Jones? Come on, there is no way you can top that.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #5
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Look at all the redo's on the TV shows, Hawaii 50, Charley's Angels and a couple of others. Broadway is having the same problem
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #6
rrabbit6926
Ambassador

Encounters: 36

I think they did get Morgan Freeman to do the narration. I still liked the original but think that guy pasted away.

Whats Good In Life"....Conan, "To Crush Your Enemies, Have Them Driven Before You, And Hear The Lamentations Of The Women". Classic.

You right can't beat some of the classic lines.
rrabbit6926 is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:07 PM   #7
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
Supposedly that's his voice for pretty much the whole movie, they must think if it worked for Dark Knight it'll work for Conan. Interesting cast of Ron Perlman as Conan's father, in the original William Smith played the role. They could have had Arnie play Conan's father, might have worked out ok as a tie-in. I hear the overall look and feel is closer to Robert E. Howard's writing and a reviewer even mentioned Jason Momoa's look for the film reminded him of the great Frank Frazetta cover art. I'll reserve judgement on that till i see it. the trailer looks good, plan to check it out sometime this weekend.

just for some comparisons, here's a classic Frazetta cover, Frazetta drew Conan as a rough hewn, battle scarred warrior.

would you want to meet this dude in a dark cave?
"Conan the Adventurer".

My copy's cover isn't that color any more.

The cover art of "Conan of Aquilonia" and "Conan of the Isles", the final 2 books of the series, shows a 50 to 60 year old graybeard you wouldn't want to meet anywhere.

If he is any good, would like to see a few more than two.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:12 PM   #8
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrabbit6926 View Post
I think they did get Morgan Freeman to do the narration. I still liked the original but think that guy pasted away.

Whats Good In Life"....Conan, "To Crush Your Enemies, Have Them Driven Before You, And Hear The Lamentations Of The Women". Classic.

You right can't beat some of the classic lines.
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning." Col. Kilgore

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women