Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
FK
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4082
My ECCIE Reviews
Default The US Tax System Explained in Easy Terms....

The US Tax System Described With Beer Analogy

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.

The fifth would pay $1.

The sixth would pay $3.

The seventh would pay $7.

The eighth would pay $12.

The ninth would pay $18.

The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

So, that’s what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. “Since you are all such good customers,” he said, “I’m going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20.”Drinks for the ten now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men - the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his ‘fair share? They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody’s share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man’s bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so the fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).

The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).

The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).

The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).

The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 ( 22% savings).

The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.

“I only got a dollar out of the $20,”declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man,” but he got $10!”

“Yeah, that’s right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a dollar, too. It’s unfair that he got ten times more than I!”

“That’s true!!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!”

“Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison. “We didn’t get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!”

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn’t show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn’t have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.
FK is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
Casanova69
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

One small problem with your analogy, darling. If the wealthy go abroad to drink, they'll wind up in the clink. The IRS, FBI, SEC, and other organizations are just itching to bust tax cheats. In fact, the last big bust was 2 years ago. Loads of money were found in Swiss bank accounts. Rich people beware! Be a good patriot-pay your tax!!!!
Casanova69 is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettKiss View Post
In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.
You mean in France or Germany or England....where they have a civilized healthcare system, an educational system where they teach their kids not to believe stupid ass drinking analogies as some sort of tax laws!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:53 PM   #4
Casanova69
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
You mean in France or Germany or England....where they have a civilized healthcare system, an educational system where they teach their kids not to believe stupid ass drinking analogies as some sort of tax laws!
I agree with you in spirit, WTF. Please don't be hard on Scarlett. She was only trying to be humorous. Perhaps this post belongs in the Comedy Central section of the site.
Casanova69 is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:14 PM   #5
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casanova69 View Post
I agree with you in spirit, WTF. Please don't be hard on Scarlett. She was only trying to be humorous. Perhaps this post belongs in the Comedy Central section of the site.
I'm sorry Scarlett......I mistook you for Whirlybird. That stupid SOB post so much ignorant chit, I thought he had slipped out the nut house again.

Please forgive me!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Ok, Scarlett is an idiot, but no one attacked her analogy, or found a flaw in it. Methinks some are too deeply in debt to their ideology to listen to reason. Sad.

I thought Scarlett was dead on.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:51 AM   #7
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Sadly , you thought wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Ok, Scarlett is an idiot, but no one attacked her analogy, or found a flaw in it. Methinks some are too deeply in debt to their ideology to listen to reason. Sad.

I thought Scarlett was dead on.
Scarlett is not an idiot.

You are the idiot if you believe that analogy.

I actually attacked it.

Where the fuc do you think the rich guy is going to go. Europe? Where they have socialized medicine.

You might be cute and you might be old but you damn sure can not read/
comprehend worth a damn.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #8
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Ahhh, the current state of debate. People cursing and jumping each other's asses.

Way to take a funny post and turn it into something it is not.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #9
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
Ahhh, the current state of debate. People cursing and jumping each other's asses.

Way to take a funny post and turn it into something it is not.
no people on the right actually think this is how the tax syhstem works! They get the majority of their tax advice from their bartender and the political advice from joe the plumber.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #10
FK
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4082
My ECCIE Reviews
Default The US Tax System Explained in Easy Terms

Hmmm, how many times do you call a toll free customer service number and get an American? Mine are all in India! How'd that happen?
And I thought the car makers moved to Mexico? What happened to Detroit?

But hey, the Koreans are bringing their car manufacturing business over here to Alabama so we must be doing something right.
We've also got a new jet engine manufacturing plant going into Auburn in 2012. (I think that's Boeing, but don't quote me)

Thanks for being easy one me guys! And I am trying to just be a little humorous.....I've always loved that little analogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Scarlett is not an idiot.

You are the idiot if you believe that analogy.

I actually attacked it.

Where the fuc do you think the rich guy is going to go. Europe? Where they have socialized medicine.

You might be cute and you might be old but you damn sure can not read/
comprehend worth a damn.
FK is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #11
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Like I said, the current state of debate. WTF thinks he is right. Get out of the way.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #12
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default he's unsure

Quote:
Like I said, the current state of debate. WTF thinks he is right. Get out of the way.
but he's gonna post anyway
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:28 PM   #13
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I ask you WTF, WTF!? I was being sarcastic about her being an idiot. She obviously isn't, because she pretty well nailed our tax system. If that isn't how it works, please explain. I thank you in advance for the superior knowledge you are about to impart.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #14
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Paul is Dead

Quote:
This is like a debate on Bush knowing about 9/11 beforehand.

I am not debating this stupid analogy.

Our tax system is so fuc'n complicated that a joke about ten men in a bar will not explain it. But if you are dumb enough to think it does, I will have to get in a zinger or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I ask you WTF, WTF!? I was being sarcastic about her being an idiot. She obviously isn't, because she pretty well nailed our tax system. If that isn't how it works, please explain. I thank you in advance for the superior knowledge you are about to impart.

Listen cutiepie, it isn't my job to explain to ypou how our tax system works.

If you think this is how it works, I ain't about to waste my time explaining just how wrong you are. It would be like talking to someone that plays Beatle records backwards and hears things. If you think Paul is dead, fine.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #15
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Since WTF doesn't have the mental capacity to see the humor and simplistic view of the analogy, I would hazard a guess that the Wizard of Oz allegory would simple make his head pop like a pimple.
DFW5Traveler is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women