Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 05-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default am i the only one?

when i think about the amount of money people make, i never have any feelings of jealousy or envy or begrudge the fact someone makes a lot of money.

I think its great. i want people to make money who earn it and build a better mousetrap or write a great book.

there are some catagories of jobs, however, when it does upset me that a person makes a lot of money.

for example, i found it appalling that the head of the American Cancer Society made over $2,000,000 and and many other heads of charities make an inordinate amount of money.

Gail McGovern was given $473,000 plus as a "relocation" reimbursement to go to work for the American Red Cross...i mean what, did they buy her a house?

http://www.charitywatch.org/hottopics/Top25.html

mega church preachers making more than the average salary of a member of their congregation, thats quite upsetting.

the packages that senators and congressmen get.

union leaders, for example getting hefty salary and perks and turning a "service" into a fiefdom

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/05/1...for-union.html

public sector employees, seemingly nothing but a scheming bunch, raping the taxpayers and states for all they can get. witness california and their woes or the wisconsin bunch of ne'er-do-wells; they take care of their own. they use the terms "tax me more" which translates into "keep paying my benefits"...or "for the children" which means raise taxes so i can keep getting mine....quite galling

jesse jackson and his poverty/ race pimping schemes.

the legitimate pursuit of profit is good for this nation, the things above are quite detrimental.

am i the only person who feels this way?
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post

the packages that senators and congressmen get (throw in state and local government officials as well).

union leaders, for example getting hefty salary and perks and turning a "service" into a feifdom

Too many individuals in those two categories are truly despicable for the double standard they perpetuate.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
am i the only person who feels this way?
No!

One of the most egregious cases in history involved the crook who, along with a few cronies, looted a low-income California suburb with a population of less than 40,000.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/...66K6BX20100721

Thankfully, and to the great relief of the town's residents, the bastards faced justice:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39291038...alary-scandal/

The fact that these clowns thought they could get away with this speaks volumes about the metastasization of the public sector's sense of entitlement.
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
joe bloe
Valued Poster

My initial reaction to hearing that the president of a large charitable organizion is making a big salary is to think that it's not right. Buy maybe that's what they have to pay to get a really good person at that level. If you set a salary limit of $500,000 for the president of the Red Cross the current person might resign and go to work for $2,000,000 at GE or whoever. It might be a false economy to pay less if the quality of management declined. Basically charitable organizations should whatever the market dictates, like everyone else.

Joel Osteen's house is on the tax records with an assessed value of ten millions dollars. He supposedly makes most of his money from selling books.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUJlm5NEr_E
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

I don't feel that way at all.

Like you said.. "I never have any feelings of jealousy or envy or begrudge the fact someone makes a lot of money."

I don't discriminate.

You're worth is what you can get.
I hope I can make much money as I can without someone telling me it's too much.
TheDaliLama is online now   Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
I don't feel that way at all.

Like you said.. "I never have any feelings of jealousy or envy or begrudge the fact someone makes a lot of money."

I don't discriminate.

You're worth is what you can get.
I hope I can make much money as I can without someone telling me it's too much.
there is no catagory i mentioned that doesnt bother you?
Old 05-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I understand your concern, NGIT, but what is your solution? If you decide not to donate to the Red Cross, I understand. If you decide to not go to a megachurch, that is reasonable, too.

I tend to agree with you, but what can be done? We can't have government regulating those entities, so our only solution is to simply not patronize them. Find more deserving charities to support. There are plenty out there.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #8
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
My initial reaction to hearing that the president of a large charitable organizion is making a big salary is to think that it's not right. Buy maybe that's what they have to pay to get a really good person at that level. If you set a salary limit of $500,000 for the president of the Red Cross the current person might resign and go to work for $2,000,000 at GE or whoever. It might be a false economy to pay less if the quality of management declined. Basically charitable organizations should whatever the market dictates, like everyone else.
when you live off the good graces of the average american, i just think you owe more to the people you target for donations then just an ever growing rapaciousness in upper management and the directorship. it can become more of a back-scratching "i'll raise yours and oh yeah you will raise mine when the time comes" club than a stewardship. just as unions are corrupt, other things become so also, and these sorts of arrangements will become corrupted

i think charities owe a special duty to protect against these things
Old 05-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I understand your concern, NGIT, but what is your solution? If you decide not to donate to the Red Cross, I understand. If you decide to not go to a megachurch, that is reasonable, too.

I tend to agree with you, but what can be done? We can't have government regulating those entities, so our only solution is to simply not patronize them. Find more deserving charities to support. There are plenty out there.
exactly, finding new charities is a solution and one i practice, but cutting money from the old institutions can harm many people.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #10
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post

On the other hand, the pay and benefit packages of our government 'employees' can be checked, and any tax money sent almost directly into the coffers of union bosses can be checked.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
there is no catagory i mentioned that doesnt bother you?
Nope.

For all I know those peopled worked for it. Whats wrong with that?

Does it bother you that Payton Manning gets his millions for playing a game?

Does it bother you that someone wins a bunch of cash playing Craps?

Does it bother when some worthless low life wins the lotto?

Does it bother you if one provider charges more than another even if she isn't worth it?

Does it bother you that some Jack Shack owner pockets $50 every time RBJ gets a nut?

Does it bother you that Visine is $200 a gallon?

Not me.
I'm not into bashing the rich no matter who they are.

It's call free enterprise and it empowers one to be wealthy. And in turn..that individual spends it elsewhere. Fuck those WSOers.

Now lawyers on the other hand should be shot, but not because they make too much money..but because they are douch bags.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #12
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Visine is $200 per gallon?! BASTARDS!!!!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #13
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Yep...and it's mostly water.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #14
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Who is bashing the rich?

You certainly have a different view of what constitutes free enterprise than I.

I want people to get rich by providing a great product or service to the world.
The schemers, scammers and those who prey upon the good consciences of Americans with ulterior motives and those who skew the system for their own pocketbooks are not in what I'd call free enterprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
Nope.

For all I know those peopled worked for it. Whats wrong with that?

Does it bother you that Payton Manning gets his millions for playing a game?

Does it bother you that someone wins a bunch of cash playing Craps?

Does it bother when some worthless low life wins the lotto?

Does it bother you if one provider charges more than another even if she isn't worth it?

Does it bother you that some Jack Shack owner pockets $50 every time RBJ gets a nut?

Does it bother you that Visine is $200 a gallon?

Not me.
I'm not into bashing the rich no matter who they are.

It's call free enterprise and it empowers one to be wealthy. And in turn..that individual spends it elsewhere. Fuck those WSOers.

Now lawyers on the other hand should be shot, but not because they make too much money..but because they are douch bags.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #15
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Not as bad as the telemarketers calling for a charity,and about 20% of what they collect gets to the charity.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women