Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41215
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Who Wins The Heisman Trophy??
Johnny Manziel - First Freshman 25 60.98%
Manti Te'o - First Defensive Player 11 26.83%
Collin Klein - A Safe Pic 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2012, 06:05 AM   #1
DarthMaul
DarkSide MOD

Encounters: 38
Default Who Wins The Heisman Trophy!??

Who wins the Heisman Trophy....

Johnny Manziel - First Freshman

Manti Te'o - First Defensive Player

Collin Klein - A Safe Pic
DarthMaul is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

I like Colin,but K State usually gets left out.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #3
Seedy
Valued Poster

Cool

Well Darth, college ball is my favorite, but work has kept me from following like i use to. But from what I've seen the kid from College Station, is one hell of a player.....
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
MrGiz
BANNED

Manti Te'o would not be the first defensive player to win the Heisman Trophy!

Charles Woodson won it as a great cornerback for Michigan, in 1997... but even he had the added advantage of being a great punt and kick return guy too. He is still playing cornerback and safety for Green Bay.

I realize he's only a Freshman... but Johnny Manziel will get robbed if he doesn't win it this year!
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
Guest052115-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 13

This is the reason that the Heisman is a joke. Manizel is going to win the trophy, but he shouldn't. His hype is based on two games - and in large part the Alabama game. The rest of the season he was a mediocre football player. Great for a freshman, but is isn't in the same category as a lot of other players out there.

Against FL he didn't throw for a touchdown on only one rushing TD. Against LSU he threw 3 INT's and didn't have a TD. Its great Texas A&M beat AL and he had a great game, but one game shouldn't give you the Heisman.

Who should get it? Not sure I would give to any of the three thats listed. The Heisman has become the best "hype award". If I had to choose of that three, I would pick Te'o. He has had a better season than Manizel.
Guest052115-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Stick you sound like a bitter fan.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick1969 View Post
This is the reason that the Heisman is a joke. Manizel is going to win the trophy, but he shouldn't. His hype is based on two games - and in large part the Alabama game. The rest of the season he was a mediocre football player. Great for a freshman, but is isn't in the same category as a lot of other players out there.

Against FL he didn't throw for a touchdown on only one rushing TD. Against LSU he threw 3 INT's and didn't have a TD. Its great Texas A&M beat AL and he had a great game, but one game shouldn't give you the Heisman.

Who should get it? Not sure I would give to any of the three thats listed. The Heisman has become the best "hype award". If I had to choose of that three, I would pick Te'o. He has had a better season than Manizel.
based on total numbers, Johnny .... he hyped right by Newtons #'s and set the NCAA record for total offense despite two so-so games. ... LSU and Florida games would be a different story today, and ND would be playing for 2nd place. Been a while since a football field saw a kid play like Johnny Football Manziel
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick1969 View Post

Mediocre????
Are you sure we're talking about the same kid????????
Have you checked out his season stats?
If he doesn't get picked, simply because he's a freshman.... then, the whole Heisman concept is nothing but a sham!
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #9
Guest052115-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
Stick you sound like a bitter fan.
No, to the contrary. An ambivalent fan of the Heisman. To me, the Heisman lost all credibility when Charles Woodson won it over Payton Manning. My father will say that the Heisman lost all credibility when Paul Horning won it while playing on a team with a loosing record.

My only point is that too much credit is given to players that have the best PR late in the seaon. I understand thats the world we live in, I just don't think he is the best football player in the NCAA.

Johnny has one good game against Alabama and all the sudden he is the best player in college football? I think not. What happened when he played two other SEC powers, he was a dud. Is that a sign of the best player in the country? I think not. It should be a season long accomplishment rather than being an accumulator and having a good game at the end of the season.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #10
Guest052115-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiz View Post
Mediocre????
Are you sure we're talking about the same kid????????
Have you checked out his season stats?
If he doesn't get picked, simply because he's a freshman.... then, the whole Heisman concept is nothing but a sham!
Yes, he is a accumalotor and A&M is a damn good team. Like I said, he had two impact-full games. Alabama and Mizzu. Two incredible games!

BUT, lets say that A&M plays the Gumps and Mizzu at the beginning of the season and he plays LSU and FL at the end of the season. He is a combined 52 for 92. Thats a 63% completion rate. He accumulated a total of 449 yards passing averaging 225 yards per game. He rushed for 87 yards off of 34 attempts for those two game. Thats 2.5 yards per attempt. He only had one rushing TD (none passing) and and 3 INT's. I say he isn't even invited to New York if the schedule is flipped.

SO, he plays three tough games. Kills it in one and is mediocre in the other two. Sorry, I think he is a product of hype and timing.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #11
CJ7
Valued Poster

The Heisman Memorial Trophy Award (usually known colloquially as the Heisman Trophy or the Heisman), is awarded annually to the player deemed the most outstanding player in collegiate football.

when the kids from KS and ND rewrite the NCAA record book like Manziel did, call me.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #12
Guest052115-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
The Heisman Memorial Trophy Award (usually known colloquially as the Heisman Trophy or the Heisman), is awarded annually to the player deemed the most outstanding player in collegiate football.

when the kids from KS and ND rewrite the NCAA record book like Manziel did, call me.

I am asking honestly and not flaming, but what NCAA records did Manziel break? Maybe some records for freshmen, but not total numbers.

But like you said in your description of the Heisman, its for the most outstanding player in collegiate football. I still think that of the three finalists, Te'o is the best collegiate football player. (He actually might have broken a record for INT's in a season for a MLB) I could make an arguement that Jadeveon Clowney, Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones, LSU DE Sam Montgomery/LSU DE Mingo and Florida State end Bjoern Werner are better collegiate football players.

Johnny has a great year, but he IMHO I don't think he is the best collegiate football player. BUT, I am will be happy for the kid.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #13
CJ7
Valued Poster

• Two-time Walter Camp National Offensive Player of the Week
• Three-time SEC Offensive Player of the Week
• Nine-time SEC Freshman of the Week
• Davey O’Brien National QB Award Finalist
• Maxwell Award Finalist
• Has broken the SEC record for total offense twice (557 vs. Arkansas on Sept. 29 and 576 vs. Louisiana Tech on Oct. 13).
• Broke the SEC total offense record of 4,327 yards set by Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton of Auburn in 2010.
• Has faced three of the top 10 teams in total defense: Alabama (No. 1, 233.7), Florida (No. 5, 282.6) and LSU (No. 9, 296.2). Manziel averaged 293.7 total offense in those three contests.
• First player in NCAA FBS history to pass for 300 yards and rush for 100 yards in the same game three times in his career. Manziel did it in the first nine games of this season.
• First SEC player, first freshman and fifth NCAA FBS player to pass for 3,000 yards and rush for 1,000 yards in a season.
• Reached the 3,000/1,000 level in his 11th game, fastest in history. Previous fastest was 13 games by Vince Young of Texas in 2005 and Dan LeFevour of Central Michigan in 2007.
• Broke NCAA freshman record for QB rushing and total offense in the 11th game of 2012. QB rushing record was 1,029 by Brad Smith of Missouri in 2002 and the total offense record was 3,827 by Jared Lorenzen of Kentucky in 2000.
• Is Texas A&M’s only 1,000-yard QB rusher, and his 1,181 rushing yards rank No. 2 in SEC history among quarterbacks behind only Cam Newton’s 1,473 yards in 2010.
• Manziel generates 383.3 yards of total offense per game, which is more than 41 teams in the NCAA FBS.
• Has accounted for 43 touchdowns, which is school record. Ranks in a tie for No. 3 in SEC history (behind Tim Tebow’s 55 in 2007 and Cam Newton’s 51 in 2010) and No. 2 in the NCAA FBS in 2012.
• Manziel has run or thrown for 69 20-yard plus plays in 2012 or 5.8 per game.
• First FBS player score two-plus rushing TDs and two-plus passing TDs in six games since Florida’s Tim Tebow did it six times in 2007.
• An early enrollee in 2011, Manziel will be classified academically as a junior after completion of the fall semester. He will also turn 20 on Dec. 6 (two days before the Heisman Trophy announcement).
• Has sat five complete quarters of plays, and all but one drive (and sometimes just one play!) in five other quarters.

they're all good kids and Im proud for them .. If the award goes to the outstanding player of the year like its designed to do the above list of credits cant be beat ... as an old weakside linebacker, I like Teo too .. 8.9 tackles a game got him a call from Butkis ... having a personal conversation with "The Animal" how great would that be?

peace out
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #14
DarthMaul
DarkSide MOD

Well...In my heart I would love Johnny Football to win and he shoud but Notre Dame is too BIG!!!

Manti.....!!!!

DarthMaul is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #15
Solemate62
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41
Default Poll

If the Notre Dame linebacker wins (unlikely) he will not be the first defensive player to do so. The year everyone thought Peyton Manning would win it went instead to Charles Woodson!

OOPS...Mr. Giz beat me to it!
Solemate62 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women