Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
test
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 258
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70647
biomed162176
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453188
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48300
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41212
CryptKicker37164
Mokoa36490
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8
Default Self Sabotage??

How many people out there in the world are self saboteurs?

People that are their own worst enemy.

Seems to run the whole gambit, from salt of the earth types
to the worst criminals.

As an example, on the bachelor TV program out of the three
girls left, the guy sent probably the most attractive desirable
woman packing. Why? I can tell you exactly why. She came
across as being too needy, a big turn off from ether genders
perspective. In doing so she sabotaged herself.

I think if a person could learn to examine themselves for
signs of self sabotage in all of life's situations, it would
save them and those around them a lot of grief.
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:54 PM   #2
misspriss
Account Disabled

User ID: 141639

Women are notorious for doing this in relationships. I've known beautiful gals that couldn't get a boyfriend because they repeatedly gave it up on the first date, one got too drunk every time, another talked too much and I guess I'd be the needy one.

I don't know if it's needy but I like to know right away what his intentions are. I've been single for 4 years because I'd rather be alone than serial date. Once I meet a guy I like, I like to know if we are on the same path, if not - don't call me back. I have no desire for casual sex.

If we get in to a relationship, I can't say no. I'll go to no end to please him. That usually ends with me feeling resentment towards him for not being more considerate. My fault ... I set the path for him to have his way all the time.

I hear all the time WHY ARE YOU SINGLE ... take me on 4 dates and you'll know.

I used to analyze this and feel the need to change but I honestly think being yourself (whether needy, a drunk, a pushover, etc) is the best bet. May take a while but you'll find someone who accepts you as you are. Maybe I'm just foolishly optimistic.
misspriss is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:20 AM   #3
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

I...R...O...N...I...C...
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #4
bojulay
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspriss View Post
Women are notorious for doing this in relationships. I've known beautiful gals that couldn't get a boyfriend because they repeatedly gave it up on the first date, one got too drunk every time, another talked too much and I guess I'd be the needy one.

I don't know if it's needy but I like to know right away what his intentions are. I've been single for 4 years because I'd rather be alone than serial date. Once I meet a guy I like, I like to know if we are on the same path, if not - don't call me back. I have no desire for casual sex.

If we get in to a relationship, I can't say no. I'll go to no end to please him. That usually ends with me feeling resentment towards him for not being more considerate. My fault ... I set the path for him to have his way all the time.

I used to analyze this and feel the need to change but I honestly think being yourself (whether needy, a drunk, a pushover, etc) is the best bet. May take a while but you'll find someone who accepts you as you are. Maybe I'm just foolishly optimistic.

Can't agree with your last statement Misspriss, that's the old doing
the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
Never really seems to work being so hopelessly optimistic about
a dooming behavior.

I think it would be much better to become self aware and set
a course for change. Break the cycle so to speak.

Takes a true effort on a persons part, many people get too
married to their behaviors though and change becomes more
scary to them than the (Comfort of the constant) even when
the constant is a doomed concept.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #5
proudoftexas
Not banned yet

Broadly defined, I think everyone is a self-saboteur. Our greatest strengths are also the source of our greatness weaknesses.

We develop all kinds of coping mechanisms to deal with the daily compromises we all make to live our lives. Whether it's dealing with parents, siblings, peers, authority figures, bosses, significant others, what have you. Those coping mechanisms are at least serviceable on some level, or else we die (suicide, murder, accident --- doesn't matter) or get locked up (jail/mental institution, what have you). Sometimes the coping mechanisms even allow us to be what society would term, "successful" although that's an arbitrary term that means all kinds of different things to different people.

No one changes themselves without suffering significant pain. It's simply not worth it. We get comfortable with our coping mechanisms, even when we know they're not healthy. Sometimes we'll cling to them no matter how damaging they are.

But if we DO suffer significant pain, and we DO decide we have to make changes, then the first thing we have to realize is that in order to make those changes, we have to let go of something that is very important to us.

I'll give you a minor example in my life. I am very good at being in the moment. If I'm with someone, regardless of the reason, I have an intense focus that tends to make them feel like the only person in the world. It helps me be good at what I do. I'm a terrific listener.

But I'm also terrible about time awareness. The two qualities are part and parcel. If I want to be better about time awareness, I have to give up at least part of my quality of being totally in the moment. You can't truly have one AND have the other.

Is that self sabotage? Sure, at least in part.

There's a story of a man backpacking in the wilds of Alaska. He comes across a lake barring his path. The other shore is not too far away, but the lake stretches out as far as the eye can see to either side. He knows it's going to take days to try to go around.

So he builds a makeshift canoe. After finishing, he quickly canoes to the other side, and continues on his journey. But he keeps making glances back. He worked really hard on that canoe. It served him well in getting across the lake. He hates to just leave it there. So he grabs a rope, ties is up, and starts dragging it with him.

That's the way we all are. We have a quality, a person, a characteristic, that helped us get across a specific obstacle we've faced in our life, but then we want to drag it with us through the rest of our journey, when all it's going to be at that point is a lodestone. That to me is self sabotage, but I think we all do it to at least some degree.
proudoftexas is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Taint cannot be sabotaged. Taint overcomes our faults.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #7
Still Looking
BANNED

Encounters: 399
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspriss View Post

Before I say yes.... how about a face pic?
Still Looking is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
Guest071313-5
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

I know Anthony Robbins if yall need a discount to one of his events.
Guest071313-5 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #9
proudoftexas
Not banned yet

http://youtu.be/UxAEST9Bg3I
proudoftexas is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #10
Guest121613
Account Disabled

Encounters: 24

I can not tell u how many times I have had self inflicted anal sex. Part of live, I have found that I can learn once in while, and I use a rubber now.
Guest121613 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #11
bojulay
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostforkate View Post
I can not tell u how many times I have had self inflicted anal sex. Part of live, I have found that I can learn once in while, and I use a rubber now.
??????---Never mind, I don't really want to understand.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #12
bojulay
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezdat View Post
I know Anthony Robbins if yall need a discount to one of his events.
Tony Robbins makes me ill in a special way.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #13
Still Looking
BANNED

Encounters: 399
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojulay View Post
Tony & Anthony.... are they brothers?
Still Looking is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #14
Guest071313-5
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojulay View Post
Lol
Guest071313-5 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #15
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Zombies

@ the OP: What you say is true, but what you are talking about requires more self awareness than most people have.

When I look out at the general public, I see mostly zombies going through the motions of daily life. Like an endless grind instead of some adventure.

. . . Those that are generally self aware may still have a blind spot that makes it easy for them to rationalize whatever that flaw might be and will be dismissed as "no big deal". No need to bother with such a trivial matter anyway, isn't it?
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women