Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67
Default HERE HE COMES FOR YOUR GUNS! LMAO!

President Obama revealed his proposals to curb chronic gun violence in America this morning. As expected, it included reinstating the ban on assault weapons, background checks on the sales of all weapons and limiting magazines to 10 rounds.

Of course, the NRA and the gun nuts will surely seek to prevent those proposals from passing through Congress. So you M16 owners can breathe a sigh of relief through the gas masks of your choice.

HE THEN SIGNED 23 EXECUTIVE ACTIONS THAT DON'T NEED CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL... none of which restrict your gun rights, but will in fact help protect you from mentally disturbed individuals and criminals.

GO APESHIT, wingers! This isn't the Armageddon you feared.

Here is that plan that you've all be shitting your pants about:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa..._time_full.pdf

IMHO, these are all very reasonable and should be implemented ASAP.

Here are the 23 executive orders that he signed. I think you'll agree that your liberties have not been shit on. (OK maybe some of you will). Unless of course, you have a problem with the sharing of information about mentally disturbed gun owners, though it seems that's all the right has been trying to address. So they'll probably like most of these:

The President is announcing that he and the Administration will:

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health-care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law-enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency-response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental-health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental-health-parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

Source: White House

THE NRA, OF COURSE, CALLED HIM ELITIST! Go figure!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
texasjohn1965
manposse

Encounters: 4

Much like his wealth redistribution taxes, that are ever expanding, this is the first of many steps to achieve his final goal.
texasjohn1965 is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjohn1965 View Post
Much like his wealth redistribution taxes, that are ever expanding, this is the first of many steps to achieve his final goal.
and that goal would be what?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
and that goal would be what?
Let me guess: a lifetime appointment as Grand Poobah? The imposition of a Soviet-style Gulag system for all gun-owners? A lifetime subscription to Netflix?
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Not much of this is new. I remember reading a lot of this same stuff after the Columbine Shootings.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post
Not much of this is new. I remember reading a lot of this same stuff after the Columbine Shootings.

yup
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Obviously the "devil is in the details," but the over view outline reads like a list of "to do's" for a committee to "investigate" and come up with some proposals and data bases ...

.. wait for the shit to hit the fan when some homeowner can't buy a pistol to defend his home because the neighbor across the street reported he was a "crazy bastard" ... "lunatic" ... "idiot" ...etc....

.. and the information finds its way into the "mental health data base"!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #8
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Obviously the "devil is in the details," but the over view outline reads like a list of "to do's" for a committee to "investigate" and come up with some proposals and data bases ...

.. wait for the shit to hit the fan when some homeowner can't buy a pistol to defend his home because the neighbor across the street reported he was a "crazy bastard" ... "lunatic" ... "idiot" ...etc....

I don't think that's the kind of source that qualifies the mental health information for submission to the database. I do think that's the kind of misinformation that will be spread around about the proposed requirement though....so, you're out in front on that one.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #9
CJ7
Valued Poster

ahead of the "I told you so" curve

sorta JB-ish
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #10
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post

The relaxation of doctor-patient confidentiality is a concern of mine, much more so than neighbors calling someone names ... otherwise, nobody on ECCIE would qualify for shit. (BTW -- you left out "DIPSHIT"!)

However, if it takes some of that to help keep mentally incapable people from committing unspeakable acts of violence, I'm willing to give it a try.

I am less concerned about database administration than I am about mass killings.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #11
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjohn1965 View Post
It's amazing that these steps began in his second term. Further its even more amazing that it took 20 dead kids to get him to begin this march to the final goal.

Now I know why I can't read your shit.

You're probably already in the database! The DIPSHIT database!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #12
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
I don't think that's the kind of source that qualifies the mental health information for submission to the database. I do think that's the kind of misinformation that will be spread around about the proposed requirement though....so, you're out in front on that one.
Do you know how easy it is for someone to be committed? I am most familiar with Texas law on the matter, but there is a "standard" throughout the country ...

to cast a "net" over those who might be inclined to be a "mass murderer" the standards necessarily have to be relaxed to "assure" that few "slip through the cracks" ..

so the drum beat now is to err on the side of "caution" so now the NEW standard is going to be ... rather MANY innocent go to the hospital for treatment and "observation" rather than to have one potentially crazy shooter on the streets ...

ACLU is gonna have a field day ....

.... with the "mushy" subject of mental health detentions!

What is absolutely amazing is that Obmanable called himself a ...

.. constitutional law professor!

One does not toss due process and equal protection ..

I have a constitutionally protected right to own a handgun ... it is the government's burden of proof to take that right away from me .. it is one thing if I have been convicted or admitted that I committed a crime in a process in which all of my constitutional rights have been recognized and protected ...

it is yet another to put names on a "mental health" list from an integrated listing of patients' records who have visited a physician or psychiatrist and obtained depressiion medication or some other mood modifying prescription drug.

Are you familiar with the "no fly" lists?

Now you want doctors to decide who gets a gun and who doesn't?
Old 01-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #13
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Let's see. Didn't take long for the bloody murder screaming to begin.

I don't think doctors should decide who gets a gun. I do want doctors to diagnose illness.

I guess you're advocating NOT keeping guns away from mentally incapable people. Is that it?

Wasn't the right's big argument after Sandy Hook that we need better mental health care, not gun control? That we can't punish EVERYBODY because a few whack jobs go over the edge and commit mass shootings? I was reading that right, wasn't I?

So if the two don't connect, then what the fuck were you boys whining about then, and what solution to you propose other than more guns, which we can probably agree is NEVER going to happen.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #14
LexusLover
Valued Poster

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks."

Is this same group of "constitutional law gurus" who opposed states requring ID's?

"They" can't make you have an ID, but ........

...... "they" can share your medical files with a national data base that Officer John can access!

The many uses of the Affordable Care Act!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #15
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
.... then what the fuck were you boys whining about then, .... .
"you boys"?

Have you ever been accused of something you didn't do? (That is a rhetorical question!)

For the most part our mental health system doesn't work .... which is why so many "fall through the cracks" ... so now Obaminable is going to use the sick mental health system to cure the "gun control problem"?

Which doesn't surprise me, because that is same guy that bragged about the ACA would have the same quality of processing as the post office!

You know ... how well government works!

When will these idiots decide that government should invade the attorney-client privilege and make sure that lawyers are required to report whay their clients say about their guns?

Just to clarify a point, YR, I have never opposed restricting possession by prohibiting some category of persons from possessing firearms .. my concerns are: placing someone in that category ONLY AFTER some judicial process determines the person fits the criteria set FOR ALL in that category (due process) AND applying the prohibition EQUALLY to all in that category (equal protection).

First of all the Federal standards for "felons in possession" is different from many state standards, e.g. Texas with which I am familiar, and states have different CHL (those that have them) standards ... and then we have varying enforcement "standards" .... from one DA to the next.

So now you are going to have some doctor in California putting someone in a "data base" based upon California standards of what's "crazy" and some doctor from Ohio doing the same thing. 50 varying or potentially varying standards into one data base. We are not talking about measles or the flu.

Mental health problems and evaluations are highly subjective and NOT susceptible of scientific and chemical identification. Anything "subjective" is susceptible to abuse and errors.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women