Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Lefty Political Cartoonist Ted Rall Nails It!

Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
+1
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Default What a Substance-Free Campaign!

The first debate is next week. Does anyone seriously expect the candidates to serve up anything other than simplistic, base-pleasing platitudes?

Some people might watch or DVR the debates primarily to see jabs, facial expressions, etc. Otherwise one might save a lot of time by simply reading the transcripts.

Of course, there might be a gaffelicious moment or two!

Here's a short bit of commentary with which most people will agree:

The Wrong Side Absolutely Must Not Win
Old 09-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Night And Day

It doesn't matter how many goofy cartoons you post.

The fact is that the two candidates are as different as Night and Day.

Mitt Romney has shown the world what a milksop buffoon he is.

Some people seem to think that because he has money he must automatically also be smart.

Well, Newsflash! He's not, he's just heartless in how he makes money.

He has voiced his contempt for the poor and would return this country to the failed policies of Bush.

. . . A President worthy of the name must be a President for all the people and President Obama has shown the compassion which is totally lacking in his opponent.

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

President of ALL the people??

The only time I can remember the Country being this divided was back in our Vietnam War days.

President Obama has been a failure in doing the one thing he pledged to do above all else, bring us all together.

He is still my President, hopefully only untill Jan 2013.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post

Here's a short bit of commentary with which most people will agree:

The Wrong Side Absolutely Must Not Win
Another good find CM, though I would argue the power to appoint justices to the Supreme Court is still a paramount concern and ideologically and fiscally important.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #7
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post

Some people seem to think that because he has money he must automatically also be smart.

He has voiced his contempt for the poor and would return this country to the failed policies of Bush.

. . . A President worthy of the name must be a President for all the people and President Obama has shown the compassion which is totally lacking in his opponent.

How about the MBA and the law degree from Harvard? How about turning the Winter Olympics around? What does Romney have to do to prove his intelligence? Cure cancer?

Your post is just a bunch of Obama talking points. You're like a parrot.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #8
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Obama - Biden 2012

Well, thanks, but we've got bumper stickers too.

. . . Four more years!

Old 09-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #9
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

*bump*
Old 09-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #10
ChoomCzar
Account Disabled

Quote:

are you making a derrogatory comment about Mitt being white?!!!!!

Oh, another believer in the "you didn't build that" communist philosophy.....
you believe that because you don't understand capitalism and free enterprise......you don't even know the definition of "outsourcing".....Bain Capital did not outsource, they did something else, you just don't know what it is.........my suggestion to you is to boycott every "evil" corporation. Don't buy their products. Teach them a lesson.....
He has voiced his contempt for the poor and would return this country to the failed policies of Bush.No....the successful policies of REAGAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Compassion, Odumbo Has made the lives of poor people worse.......they are worse off now than 4 years ago, that's compassion???? HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

YOU HAVE THE DISTINCTION OF BEING THE FIRST HOMOSEXUAL WITH DOWN-SYNDROME I HAVE EVER COMMUNICATED WITH.......IT WAS INTERESTING.....
ChoomCzar is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Default How About a Reality Check?

Quote:
And it doesn't matter how many times you post affirmations of your goofy Obama idolatry, he's still an abject failure.

Yes, the candidates are -- as you say -- as different as night and day. But that isn't the point of the cartoon, is it? Which is, obviously, that neither candidate is likely to offer up anything other than simplistic platitudes and talking points aimed at pleasing selected constituencies. We've had a substance-free campaign, and I see no indication that we'll see anything other than substance-free debates.

Quote:
. . . Four more years!
Four more years of what?

Reckless, out of control spending leading to structural deficits of about 8% of GDP? Would you like to try to tell us what we're getting for all that money? It sure ain't buying us much of a recovery. Perhaps you can tell us why you think it was wise to stack even more failure atop the fiscal irresponsibility of the Bush era.

And please don't try to tell us that Dodd-Frank was much of an accomplishment. It's little more than a crony capitalist shuffle; 2,300 pages of arcane legalese that does nothing about TBTF and little about the other serious problems presented by excesses in the financial sector. It hardly even rises to the level of being classifiable as "feelgood legislation." Additionally, it hampers prospects for recovery in the small business sector by imposing a far more onerous burden on smaller community banks than on giant institutions. That's one reason the megabanks have gotten even bigger; they've been able to buy assets on the cheap from small banks that could no longer compete.

Although it's clear that Obama has no intention of making anything even remotely serious in the way of tough decisions affecting the economy, I'm not sure that Romney would either. His entire political history shows that his views are quite "flexible", depending on what constituencies he deems it expedient to pander to at any given point in time. The problem is that today we need a tough decision maker willing to risk his political future by stepping on a few toes.

Obama obviously does not fit the bill. Would Romney? Color me skeptical. It's probably a moot point anyway, since the probablity that Romney will be elected isn't very high, and it's dropping fast. So it looks like we'll see four more years of no presidential leadership in a deeply gridlocked and politically dysfunctional nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Another good find CM, though I would argue the power to appoint justices to the Supreme Court is still a paramount concern and ideologically and fiscally important.
Quite right!

I just thought the piece was sort of funny, since it could be glommed onto by people on both sides of the political divide.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #12
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Peaceful

These social changes are massive undertakings that take long years to accomplish.

Look around at the world at large. I see poverty, rebellion, and war.

. . . Do you see any of that in this country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
President of ALL the people??

The only time I can remember the Country being this divided was back in our Vietnam War days.

President Obama has been a failure in doing the one thing he pledged to do above all else, bring us all together.

He is still my President, hopefully only untill Jan 2013.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:04 AM   #13
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Will Obama have his teleprompter at the debate?
How far in advance do you think the Obama team will have the questions?
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:15 AM   #14
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Rmoney IS a cartoon!
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #15
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Isn't it Pathetic that we Don't Have Better Choices?

Obama is a joke too, Little Stevie, as you would obviously realize if you were capable of critical thinking.

Are your thought processes so muddled by blind partisan bias that you can't see that?

Judging from your myriad posts in this forum, that seems to be the case. Otherwise you would have understood the cartoon and would agree with its simple and unambiguous message.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women