Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70708
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60359
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48436
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41503
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35872
Mojojo33117

Old 11-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
URAPNES
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1
Default Any watch enthusiasts out there?

You know who you are.. If you thing Rolex is a premium brand, then you are probably not an enthusiast.
URAPNES is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
mansfield
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
If you thing Rolex is a premium brand, then you are probably not an enthusiast.
This is the same as the Maserati guys saying the Porsche guys don't know 'real' cars...

Just because someone likes more mainstream production watches or cars doesn't make them any less enthusiastic about them.

And no, I'm not that into Rolex, I like Breitlings, but you'd probably say the same about them.
mansfield is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
URAPNES
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansfield View Post
This is the same as the Maserati guys saying the Porsche guys don't know 'real' cars...

Just because someone likes more mainstream production watches or cars doesn't make them any less enthusiastic about them.

And no, I'm not that into Rolex, I like Breitlings, but you'd probably say the same about them.
You misunderstand me Sir! Rolex is a great brand. But at the watch conventions I attend, all enthusiasts agree that Rolex is a mid range watch. It has nothing to do with cost. I have several enthusiast friends who can only afford a Seiko, but they are incredibly knowlegable about watches. Breitlings are nice watches also. in fact i dont have a Breitling but I can tell you everything about their B01 in-house movement off the top of my head.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
Juan Pablo de Marco
El Mariachi

Encounters: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by URAPNES View Post
at the watch conventions I attend
SHIT... did i miss the watch convention again this year?
Juan Pablo de Marco is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #5
Roman Polanski
Account Disabled

Encounters: 48

Juan LOL!!!!!
Roman Polanski is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #6
URAPNES
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Pablo de Marco View Post
SHIT... did i miss the watch convention again this year?
I knew I would be sorry for bringing one of my top interests here. I am just looking to chat with local watch guys.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:32 PM   #7
mansfield
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
I knew I would be sorry for bringing one of my top interests here.
It's a great topic but the snobby attitude is one I run into all the time. Might not be how you intended but that's how it comes across.

Rolex is an example, Bose is another. These are good quality items and they are very successful companies. Because of their success they lose some of that "exclusivity" so people have to come up with ways to belittle them.

Rolex is "mid range", Bose is "not audiophile". No, they are just more successful than some of the other brands so membership in the club is not as exclusive.

Porsche is a great example. Clearly they make a fine automobile but simply because they make a LOT of them they are considered lower in the pack.

When you begin to relate quantity produced for the market with quality you fall into a trap. It's absolutely possible to have a top quality product made in larger numbers but the inner snob doesn't like to admit that.

So, I'll go drive my Porsche, wearing my Rolex Air King, and listening to my Bose home theater while drinking my Woodford Reserve bourbon like the good unwashed heathen I am If I only had a double wide I'd be in redneck heaven eh?
mansfield is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:14 PM   #8
URAPNES
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansfield View Post
It's a great topic but the snobby attitude is one I run into all the time. Might not be how you intended but that's how it comes across.

Rolex is an example, Bose is another. These are good quality items and they are very successful companies. Because of their success they lose some of that "exclusivity" so people have to come up with ways to belittle them.

Rolex is "mid range", Bose is "not audiophile". No, they are just more successful than some of the other brands so membership in the club is not as exclusive.

Porsche is a great example. Clearly they make a fine automobile but simply because they make a LOT of them they are considered lower in the pack.

When you begin to relate quantity produced for the market with quality you fall into a trap. It's absolutely possible to have a top quality product made in larger numbers but the inner snob doesn't like to admit that.

So, I'll go drive my Porsche, wearing my Rolex Air King, and listening to my Bose home theater while drinking my Woodford Reserve bourbon like the good unwashed heathen I am If I only had a double wide I'd be in redneck heaven eh?

Dammit, I am simply looking for enthusiasts to talk with, not watch owners necessarily. Usually my 1st question to identitfy enthusiasts vs. owners is, How many BPM's are in a UN Sonata movement? Since I did not think anyone here would know that, I just asked a question where everyone can understand. I like, Love Rolex's. Breitlings are great, but I can Identify every part of the inside of your watch. That is what it means to be an enthusiast. So I ask you, are you an enthusiast, or a very happy owner? Hell, I just want to find someone interested in horology (insert joke here). Again. ROLEXES ARE GREAT. The new Rolex 41mm DD PT is stunning.. My buddy who can only afford a $200 watch can describe the inner workings of any Million dollar watch.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:35 PM   #9
tsrv4me
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Golly I guess my Guess and Fossil watches ...along with my Swatches ....are just like confetti ......but Hell they tell time just like most others .......just like Automobiles .....they are good for what they do and what they do is get you from point A to point B .......not much more ....and almost everyone of them will do just that ...
tsrv4me is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #10
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Watch-nerds are way cooler (and less dangerous to society) than gun-nerds.
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:15 PM   #11
Tony Gambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lust4xxxLife View Post
Watch-nerds are way cooler (and less dangerous to society) than gun-nerds.
Noo, I love My AK. My UZI, My AR15.....I love being an American, with the right to bear arms......You'll trade Yor Patike Phillip...for some ammo when the shit hits the fan....JMHO....
Tony Gambino is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:41 PM   #12
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Gambino View Post
Noo, I love My AK. My UZI, My AR15.....I love being an American, with the right to bear arms......You'll trade Yor Patike Phillip...for some ammo when the shit hits the fan....JMHO....
I never said that *I* wasn't well armed, did I? I just think that carry permits for Joe Citizen are a *proven* bad idea AND ownership of any gun should be much more tightly regulated.

On the other hand, watches should remain completely unregulated. I have two Rolex Daytonas (white and black faces) and I love them. I didn't have to buy them so they aren't status symbols, they're just great watches.
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:44 PM   #13
S-Man
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 11

Timex... It takes a licking and keeps on ticking.
S-Man is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #14
URAPNES
Gaining Momentum

I AM ON THE Lange bandwagon now, anyone else?
Old 11-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #15
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

I have an old TI that won't show the digital numbers.....do you know anything about TI watches?
dearhunter is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women