Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162982
Yssup Rider60631
gman4453274
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48575
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42231
CryptKicker37196
The_Waco_Kid36617
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 10-10-2012, 06:27 AM   #1
rjm3590
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16
Default Olive Garden, Red Lobster Scale Back Employee Work Hours to Avoid Paying for Health Insurance

Darden Restaurants Inc., the parent company of popular casual dining establishments such as Olive Garden, Red Lobster, and LongHorn Steakhouse, is no longer offering full-time work schedules to employees at "a select number" of restaurants in four markets across the country.

Though details were scant, the company did say there were no immediate plans to expand the "test," which is aimed at "help[ing] us address the cost implications health care reform will have on our business."

Starting January 2014, when most major provisions of the Affordable Care Act go into effect, companies with over 50 employees will be required to provide health insurance to employees working over 30 hours a week. Companies that flout the law will be fined $3,000 per uncovered employee.

"I think a lot of those employers, especially restaurants, are just going to ensure nobody gets scheduled more than 30 hours a week," Matthew Snook of the human-resources consulting company Mercer told the Orlando Sentinel.

Jumping the gun, Darden said in its statement that employees at restaurants where the pilot program was put in place will be limited to 28 hours a week.

A recent study by the nonpartisan Urban Institute found that companies with over 1,000 employees will only experience a 4.3 percent increase in overall spending due to added healthcare costs. Currently, some 75 percent of Darden's 180,000 employees are already working exclusively part-time and are not eligible for benefits.

Darden, which, ironically, bills itself as "the world's largest full-service restaurant company," made headlines last year when it started a "tip sharing" program requiring the waitstaff to share its tips with all other employees. According to the Associated Press, "That allows Darden to pay more workers a far lower 'tip credit wage' of $2.13, rather than the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour."

http://gawker.com/red-lobster/
rjm3590 is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Where will JD take his students out now to impress them with his Boy Scout skills?

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

This kind of response is what Obama was hoping for...it is his goal to have a single payer nationalized health care system. He told us that was his plan, but that it would have to be accomplished incrementally.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm3590 View Post
"That allows Darden to pay more workers a far lower 'tip credit wage' of $2.13, rather than the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour."
American greed at its finest!

And everyone wonders why the world hates Americans.
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

On the world stage, it is more desirable to be feared than loved.

BTW, has anyone lately told you what a jerk you are ?
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #6
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
On the world stage, it is more desirable to be feared than loved.

BTW, has anyone lately told you what a jerk you are ?
When I travel I hide my Green Card, just use my passport from another country.
Why do you think that is?
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #7
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
When I travel I hide my Green Card, just use my passport from another country.
Why do you think that is?
Whirlys probably never been out side of Texas.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
blue3122
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:

I just got back from Santa Fe where they have a "living wage" of around $10-$11. (I never got the exact amount). In the 6 or 7 places we ate, service was terrible in all but one. One high end place we ate, I asked the waiter why service was slow and not very good.

His reply was that now that everyone gets the $11/hour rate, tipping has dropped off to about 5%. Prior to that, he made $2.50 plus tips. He said most nights his tips were around $200 for a 6-7 hour shift. Now his tips are down to about $50-60 for a 5 hour shift. The management cut back shift hours, experienced waiters quit because their tips dropped by $150 per night. So by "helping" out everyone with a "living" wage, the service people have been screwed.

The only place we got good bar service I asked the guy about it. He was the owner. He was now bartending full time and had let go two of his bartenders due to the "living" wage law.

The law of unintended consequences strikes again.
blue3122 is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #9
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:

The world hates Americans because we keep bombing them. It has nothing to do with our wage structure.

And businesses are in business TO MAKE MONEY! That is why you do what you do. If the government added more expense to your business, you'd try to find a way around it, too.

Businesses are not started to provide jobs and health insurance. They are started to TO MAKE MONEY. It's that way everywhere some form of free enterprise exists.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #10
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Remember: Obamacare was supposed to create jobs ... it will.....

.... 1 full time = 2 part-time jobs.

See, it's working. Another accomplishment for Obaminable. Right it down.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
CJ7
Valued Poster

the retail and diner biz has been doing that forever and a day.... this is nothing new boys and girls.

but play like it is anway, its good fodder for the idiots that know no different
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #12
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:

I think they just hate you.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #13
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
the retail and diner biz has been doing that forever and a day.... this is nothing new boys and girls....
Probably not where you were able to get a job, but there are some quality employers that have hired quality "team members" to work for them and in exchange for the quality service they have provided for their quality employees they have been providing them quality healthcare and retirement packages with vacation, sick leave, and family leave.

Of course, any place that would hire you wouldn't have those kinds of benefits. Boy.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #14
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Probably not where you were able to get a job, but there are some quality employers that have hired quality "team members" to work for them and in exchange for the quality service they have provided for their quality employees they have been providing them quality healthcare and retirement packages with vacation, sick leave, and family leave.

Of course, any place that would hire you wouldn't have those kinds of benefits. Boy.

gee, what a sophomoric back handed pussy boy slap... suits you well.

I happen to know the manager of one of the most successful steak houses in the state, and my duaghter worked her way through high school at another national chain steak house, and to hear it first hand from both sources, the management happens to be the only employees privy to benefit packages .... servers work full time and or part time for min wage + tips. ... bus boys with benefit packages not so much.

Boy.

here ya go dumbass ...

What are the hours of operation for Olive Garden?
  • Most restaurants open at 11:00 a.m. for lunch. Dinner is served beginning at 4:00 p.m. Our practice is to serve our dinner menu all day on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. As a courtesy to guests who ask, we will provide a lunch menu at any time. Normally, lunch is served only Monday through Friday from 11:00 to 4:00. Closing hours on Sunday through Thursday are 10:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. There are some regional variations and new restaurants are open for dinner only during the first few weeks of operation. Please contact your local Olive Garden by telephone for specific information
they run 2 - 6 hour shifts, lunch and dinner ... to break a 40 week employees would have to work 7 days, every week, they dont and mostly WONT ... my daughter made out the shift schedules ...

now go fuck yourself
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #15
ChoomCzar
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
CreepyOldLoser[/B];1051717477]The world hates Americans because we keep bombing them. It has nothing to do with our wage structure.

Yeah, we bomb those Frenchies all the time! HA! HA! HA! Sometimes I think you are a closet Marxist, but the rest of your post was good......when I use to walk by the Occupy Wallstreet turds, I looked at the old hippy types in the group and wondered which one was you.....

Americans are hated because we are the richest and strongest country in the world....people are always jealous and hateful toward #1....class envy......it's the emotions Odumbo is trying to tap into.....
ChoomCzar is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women