Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
test
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 07-10-2010, 05:44 AM   #1
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Default How much does quality writing matter?

Mostly for the guys, but I'm sure we'll get some feedback from the ladies...

How much does strong writing play into your decision making process? Or, conversely, how does poor command of the English language play into your thinking?

Obviously, there is some informality on message boards*. Paid ads or websites are (and should be) held to a different standard.

How often do you find yourself thinking, "She's smoking hot, but if she can't put a sentence together I'd prefer someone else, particularly if we are spending a couple of hours together...."

The impetus for this thread was seeing some ads on another site (& not BP/CL either) where the spelling and grammar was poor and SOMEONE LEFT CAPS LOCK ON or worse aLtErNaTiOn BeTWeEn CaPs AnD nO CaPs. The ladies placing these ads are paying good money for them. Is it carelessness or not knowing (ignorance) that this is not effective?

*Yes, I'm not perfect & yes, there is a double standard for the ladies....I'm buying, not selling....so at least on this message board I'm pretty informal.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:33 AM   #2
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default I'm not an Englisg Comp. Professor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
Mostly for the guys, but I'm sure we'll get some feedback from the ladies...

How much does strong writing play into your decision making process? Or, conversely, how does poor command of the English language play into your thinking?

Obviously, there is some informality on message boards*. Paid ads or websites are (and should be) held to a different standard.

How often do you find yourself thinking, "She's smoking hot, but if she can't put a sentence together I'd prefer someone else, particularly if we are spending a couple of hours together...."

The impetus for this thread was seeing some ads on another site (& not BP/CL either) where the spelling and grammar was poor and SOMEONE LEFT CAPS LOCK ON or worse aLtErNaTiOn BeTWeEn CaPs AnD nO CaPs. The ladies placing these ads are paying good money for them. Is it carelessness or not knowing (ignorance) that this is not effective?

*Yes, I'm not perfect & yes, there is a double standard for the ladies....I'm buying, not selling....so at least on this message board I'm pretty informal.

YoU lOOking for a SEXatary for a lil DICKtation or a pen pal?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:56 AM   #3
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

I'll take that as one vote for no from WTF
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:17 AM   #4
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

It is a major element to me. I'd like to know the lady I see can carry on a conversation, is somewhat intelligent, and is educated (even if she educated herself, but she gets ++ points for that).

I guess what is comes down to is what reviews say about her skilz (I used this on purpose in this thread, haha), which is a first hurdle. Then I try to decide if we will mesh. This is mostly a guess on my part, and my poor ability to do this may result in my extremely low satisfaction with the sessions I've had. Of course, entered into this guess, is my perception of how professional her ads/sites are.

I guess I'm kind of a prude. Nothing turns me off faster than a lady who shows up and makes sausage out of English.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:18 AM   #5
John Bull
Valued Poster

It really depends on what I'm looking for. If it's a lower end, hour appt, I'm not very picky. If it be a higher end, multi-hour dinner date or just cozied up in a room, it would make a real difference if she couldn't string a sentence together. I'm not talking a typo or inadvertent misspelling but something really showing lack of care or education.
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #6
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Word to JB
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:55 AM   #7
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
OK....I think I did. You just aren't looking to hard.
Now I would never answer one of WTF's ad's. He doesn't seem to understand that there is a "too" with two o's that means also.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #8
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Now you can have the other women, But don't mess with my Tu Tu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Now I would never answer one of WTF's ad's. He doesn't seem to understand that there is a "too" with two o's that means also.
''OK....I think I did. You just aren't looking to hard.''

You want me to say too instead of to in the context of the above sentence?

''OK....I think I did. You just aren't looking too hard.''

''OK....I think I did. You just aren't looking also hard.''

How about I add another to for a total two to's ?

''OK....I think I did. You just aren't looking to to hard.''

And to complete our thread mixing.....
Whatever you do, don't tell Rudyard if ya ever start to feel alittle sheepish.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:44 AM   #9
guest042712-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 10132
My ECCIE Reviews

giggle...WTF said to to

oh wait that wouldn't be tutu

I get carried away once in a while but for the most part I hope to not only portray my personality through my typed words but the fact that I expect at least the same level of education when a gentlemen happens to call.

It worries me, though, that I have been contacted by a couple of gentlemen whose typed words are very poetic and flowing; however, they are not able to carry on a telephone conversation.

The gentlemen I choose to spend my time with, whether an hour, dinner, overnight or several days all possess the ability to converse - there is a connection through words that without that connection...they do not become my friends.
guest042712-2 is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #10
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Two nuts and a prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
I'll take that as one vote for no from WTF
Three votes!

A unanimous four votes if she is an anus licker! (can't forget the a-hole)
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #11
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Just so ya know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
giggle...WTF said to to

oh wait that wouldn't be tutu

I alway get the i-pp-i right when in Mississippi!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #12
awl4knot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 71
Default The Power of Words

This is my friend Brenda Boobies.

You can see that she is an organized writer and is constantly honing her skills.

Good writing skills are reflective of intelligence, curiosity, attention to detail and other admirable characteristics, including a carnal disposition.

Sometimes that is important; sometimes I just want a hot little thing for the reasons why hot little things are in such great demand.

And then there are the complete packages like the aforementioned Brenda.

Awl4knot

P.S., It is nice when a lady compliments your writing skills. It is often a harbinger of an enjoyable encounter.
awl4knot is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:05 PM   #13
Gryphon
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
It worries me, though, that I have been contacted by a couple of gentlemen whose typed words are very poetic and flowing; however, they are not able to carry on a telephone conversation.

The gentlemen I choose to spend my time with, whether an hour, dinner, overnight or several days all possess the ability to converse - there is a connection through words that without that connection...they do not become my friends.
When typing, one has the chance to consider one's words and assemble one's thoughts coherently. (BTW, I retyped that sentence three times; it started out a lot more pompous ). Some people just don't think on their feet that well.

When I look at a lady's website or ad, I look for basic grammar and spelling as well as the use of actual English words (I Cn Mk U CM!!! doesn't cut it). Beyond that, it's all good. So put me down as a "Maybe."
Gryphon is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:34 PM   #14
Alex Lieberman
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 32136

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
It is a major element to me. I'd like to know the lady I see can carry on a conversation, is somewhat intelligent, and is educated (even if she educated herself, but she gets ++ points for that)
How I wish this were true for more men....

Maybe there's a regional difference in what men look for, but I find being in the South that most of the good ol' boys here prefer their ladies "dumbed down".

Not all of the guys, mind you. But as an educated Yankee in Atlanta, I've been in a lot of situations (especially M&Gs, omg) where hobbyists care more about dmensions than intelligence.

I tend to avoid those men.

kisses, Alex
Alex Lieberman is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #15
oden
Valued Poster

Depends if she is writing in French, Geek or Russian!
oden is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women