Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70705
biomed162522
Yssup Rider60331
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48428
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41469
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35846
Mojojo33117

Old 06-29-2019, 08:25 PM   #1
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1
Default Presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg: ‘I have six-figure student debt’

Presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg: ‘I have six-figure student debt’

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/p...105946506.html

Aarthi Swaminathan Fri, Jun 28 5:59 AM CDT

As Democratic presidential candidates take turns pitching radical solutions to the $1.5 trillion student debt crisis — everything from debt cancellation to free college — South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg weighed in on the debate, revealing that he and his husband have “six-figure student debt.”

Responding to a question about free college during the second night of the 2020 Democratic presidential debates on Thursday, Buttigieg said: “College affordability is personal for us. Chasten and I have six-figure student debt. I believe in reducing student debt.”

In this file photo taken on April 22, 2019, South Bend Mayor and Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg speaks besides husband Chasten Glezman at the West Side Democratic Club during a Dyngus Day celebration event in South Bend, Indiana. (Photo: KAMIL KRZACZYNSKI/AFP/Getty Images)

Buttigieg household owes $131,296 in student debt

Buttigieg’s campaign spokesperson previously revealed to the AP that both he and his husband have student loans that total to exactly $131,296.

If elected, Buttigieg would be the first president with student debt. He graduated from Harvard University in 2004 and Oxford in 2007. The bulk of the debt was taken on by his husband, who pursued undergraduate and post-graduate degrees in education, he told Vice.

On the topic of free college, Buttigieg said that he believes lower- and middle-income students should be entitled to that benefit, because he doesn’t “believe it makes sense to ask working-class families to subsidize even the children of billionaires.”

Buttigieg also said that the importance placed on attaining a college degree may be overstated. “Yes, it needs to be more affordable in this country to go to college. It also needs to be more affordable in this country to not go to college,” Buttigieg explained. “You should be able to live well, afford rent, be generous to your church and Little League, whether you went to college or not.”

Democratic presidential hopefuls arrive on stage for the second Democratic primary debate of the 2020 presidential campaign season hosted by NBC News at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts in Miami, Florida, June 27, 2019. (Photo: JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty Images)

Democrats and the student debt crisis

Other Democratic presidential candidates also addressed the student-debt crisis during the debate.

Andrew Yang said he’s “got $100,000 in student loan debt,” and Congressman Eric Swalwell said that he was “the first in my family to go to college and have student loan debt.”

Candidates like Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren and Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders have also called for massive debt cancellations to relieve graduates of the debt burden.

Many experts — from the former top student loan official at the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Seth Frotman, to JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon — have said that the current crisis is the result of a “lousy system" of student lending.

In an interview with Yahoo Finance, Dimon emphasized that “what we've done is a disgrace, and it's hurting America.

“I think they should look at all parts of student lending, fix the broken parts, and then forgive those people need forgiveness,” said Dimon.

(Graphic: David Foster) The current crisis in the U.S.

Across the United States, there are more than 44 million Americans holding $1.5 trillion in outstanding student loans. An increasing amount is turning sour — with around 11% in serious delinquency or in default in the first quarter of this year, according to the New York Fed.

While states like Maine and California have pursued — and some have even passed — a student loan “‘Bill of Rights” where they have appointed various authorities to supervise student loan servicers and ban “abusive” practices that hurt student borrowers, other states are still lagging behind in addressing the problem.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 08:43 PM   #2
Levianon17
BANNED

They paid a lot of money to remain ignorant.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:00 PM   #3
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9
Default Panderfucks Are Like Clusterfucks

Notice how none of these pandering assholes has the guts to suggest maybe the MAIN BENEFICIARIES should pitch in to whittle down this mountain of student debt? Why not make the FUCKING COLLEGES pay off 10-20% of the debt incurred by every student who attended and took out loans?

(How the fuck do you think Harvard could afford to pay Pocahontas $350k a year to teach one fucking course? Nice work if you can get it.)

The pandering assholes would rather "forgive" the debt, which means $1.6 trillion gets transferred from the asset side to the liability side of Uncle Sam's balance sheet! Our national debt goes up by that amount in one fell swoop. And the burden of paying for it is shifted onto the shoulders of Joe Six-Pack and every working class taxpayer who didn't go to college!
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 07:30 AM   #4
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Funny how the 1% ers are telling us about debt ,,,,
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 07:47 AM   #5
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdutchman View Post
Funny how the 1% ers are telling us about debt ,,,,
Yeah what they won't admit is our economy is debt based. Our paper money isn't linked to anything of value but rather debt that's why this country prints money. So just think the average guy who works a forty hour work week for minimum wage is getting paid with money that essentially has imaginary value, lol. It wasn't always that way.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:41 AM   #6
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
Andrew Yang said he’s “got $100,000 in student loan debt,” and Congressman Eric Swalwell said that he was “the first in my family to go to college and have student loan debt.”

“I think they should look at all parts of student lending, fix the broken parts, and then forgive those people need forgiveness,” said Dimon.

The broken part of the system is colleges and universities are turning out people who can't get a job that pays well enough to justify the loan.

This is "their" fault, not America's. There is no "real" market for a gender studies degree, just like there was no market for an English Literature degree 40 years ago.

I don't see how some of these people racked up so much debt. Community college is very low cost and one can get marketable skills and certificates with it. There's no reason to spend $100K at UofH getting a Social Work degree for a job that will pay $35K.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 11:01 AM   #7
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
The broken part of the system is colleges and universities are turning out people who can't get a job that pays well enough to justify the loan.

This is "their" fault, not America's. There is no "real" market for a gender studies degree, just like there was no market for an English Literature degree 40 years ago.

I don't see how some of these people racked up so much debt. Community college is very low cost and one can get marketable skills and certificates with it. There's no reason to spend $100K at UofH getting a Social Work degree for a job that will pay $35K.

BAHHAAAAAA

that's funny since Jamie Dimon did not need student loans, both his dad and grandfather were successful stock brokers for Shearson. His dad paid his way to Tufts and Harvard.

Yang reportedly makes $285k a year as a big shot venture capitalist and can't pay his $100k student load debt??

So why should we elect this idiot???

https://www.businessinsider.com/esti...onal-pension-9

"Because entrepreneur Andrew Yang hasn't previously run for office, he hasn't filed financial disclosures documenting his assets and liabilities. His 2016 tax returns showed he earned an annual salary of $285,000 as CEO of Venture for America."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Dimon
Old 07-01-2019, 11:19 AM   #8
oeb11
Valued Poster

Question - what are the degrees major for Mayor Pete and Husband - LGBTQ studies??????
Could not make a living doing anything else - so went into DPST politics.

Princess.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 11:23 AM   #9
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Please check your calendar. It's 2019.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 11:36 AM   #10
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Please check your calendar. It's 2019.

what for? arya ... saying the link is fake just because the only verifiable data on this YingYang is from 2016?

When YingYang files more recent data, then you can post it. OK?
Old 07-01-2019, 02:24 PM   #11
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I do not have a college degree, but I have paid for several, and am getting ready to pay for two Grand Daughters.

Do I get a refund?
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:32 PM   #12
Lantern2814
Valued Poster

Do those who have worked hard and paid off their student loans get reparations? Everybody else seems to be lining up so why not?
Lantern2814 is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:48 PM   #13
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

He just raked in 24 million last qtr. problem solved.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:49 PM   #14
RK2
RK2

Encounters: 41

I would consider absolving student debt if the person is actually utilizing the degree earned. You study in a degree for biology, get a job using that degree.
I say again, CONSIDER debt elimination. However, go into politics, nope, deals off. Get your donors to pay off that debt, not me.
Point is most people do not apply the "knowledge" gained through financial
institutions. A program like this may make a person choose wisely with the degree selected.
Accrue debt, gain a degree in "X" field, work in said field for 5 years, any debt that remains, the gov helps pick up the bill. I dunno, just spit balling ideas, not a real firm belief.
RK2 is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 05:46 PM   #15
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

What did Buttigieg do with his GI bill? How does he have that much student debt?
grean is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women