Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70548
biomed161608
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453117
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48040
pyramider46370
bambino40768
CryptKicker37136
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-02-2015, 09:19 PM   #1
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Has anyone else tried the new lightweight kitty litter?

Crazy topic, I know. Nearly posted this in the ladies, only areas but heck, men love kitties, too!

Anyway ... I recently tried the new, and lightweight, cat litter. I had such good hopes for this product. I tried a couple of containers of this mess and plan to return the remaining that I have.

I'm very disappointed. Such a bummer. I'll offer more of my opinion on this stuff if and when anyone else has an experience to share.

Warmly,
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #2
FoulRon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I've been wary about trying that stuff. My cats already kick the normal stuff all over their room, not to mention tracking it all over the house. I'm still not sure how it gets under the sheets.
FoulRon is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:13 PM   #3
gnadfly
Account Disabled

I prefer the heavier litter. With the heavier cat litter the animal cannot escape the pile and will eventually suffocate. No muss, no fuss.

gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:29 AM   #4
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoulRon View Post
I've been wary about trying that stuff. My cats already kick the normal stuff all over their room, not to mention tracking it all over the house. I'm still not sure how it gets under the sheets.
It's pretty awful stuff. VERY dusty. And the lightweight litter kicks up EVERYWHERE. I just cannot stand dealing with litter, anyway. I'm not ALL that fond of cats, except for mine.

But this was a total failure as a product, which is too bad. Litter is SO heavy to carry around from the car, inside, then back outside. Ugh. I wouldn't suggest it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
I prefer the heavier litter. With the heavier cat litter the animal cannot escape the pile and will eventually suffocate. No muss, no fuss.

I'm laughing. I thought that you LIKED cats!!!
Old 06-08-2015, 08:47 AM   #5
Tetas
Perineum Access

Encounters: 8

Shouldn't this be in the Litterbox instead of Sandbox?
lol
Tetas is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:25 AM   #6
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

In a fit of being COMPLETELY female the other night, I wrote about my complaint.

I'll admit, it's probably the WORSE topic that I've ever started. Wait. I take that back. But it's right up there as one of the worse.

Anyway, your response made me laugh. You're right, it belongs in that damn awful litter box.

The lightweight litter is also very expensive, as far as litter goes. Too bad it's just a horrible product.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:34 AM   #7
SA Angel
Account Disabled

User ID: 243824
My ECCIE Reviews

I used to live on a third floor, four bedroom apartment and each tenant had their own cat. We would always just get large bags of kitty litter delivered to save us the haul. Use Amazon to have the litter delivered directly to your door. If you smile nicely and are polite they will even place the bag where you want. This also works for buying bags of rice, dog food, and anything else too heavy or bulky to bother with.
SA Angel is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:43 AM   #8
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Yeah. I have Amazon prime and have also tried the Amazon Pantry, which is very affordable.

One of the reasons why I wrote about this cat litter is after getting several containers from Target, on sale, it was just so awful, that I read the reviews on Amazon.

I think that I'm going to reconsider just having it delivered. That's good advice.

I'm just always super price conscious. Most things on Amazon have good prices. But some items, and I think that cat litter might be one of those (I'm going to recheck), are more expensive than the norm.

Honestly, I really don't like paying a lot of a product that is just urinated, etc, on and thrown away.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:15 PM   #9
James1588
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
Crazy topic, I know. Nearly posted this in the ladies, only areas but heck, men love kitties, too!

Anyway ... I recently tried the new, and lightweight, cat litter. I had such good hopes for this product. I tried a couple of containers of this mess and plan to return the remaining that I have.

I'm very disappointed. Such a bummer. I'll offer more of my opinion on this stuff if and when anyone else has an experience to share.

Warmly,
Elisabeth
Yes, Elisabeth, I have tried the lightweight stuff, and I too think it's horrible.

What I'm doing right now is buying the refillable 30-pound buckets from Petco. It's scoopable, not overly dusty, and fairly inexpensive (refills run $9.99, if I recall correctly).

I might not recommend my solution for you, because that 30-pound bucket is kind of punishing to haul in from the car. However, they also offer a kind of plastic jug that's about 10 pounds, that can be refilled. My daughter uses those. Or you could just wait until our next visit in Dallas (I see there's a Petco in Richardson), when I'll be happy to get you stocked up; I don't mind hauling the buckets. Especially for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoulRon View Post
I have a partial solution for that, too. I built myself a box, from half-inch plywood, open on top, just a couple of inches taller than the litterbox, about twice as wide as the litterbox and half again as long. The litterbox lives inside the plywood box (henceforth to be known as the "litterbox condom," or, more generically, as "protection"). When I first constructed this thing, I did it because my male cat is a somewhat egregious kicker of litter out of the box. I figured this would contain the kicked litter, and also cut down on the tracked litter, since I figured he'd have to place his feet outside the litterbox but still inside the litterbox condom before returning to the general house after completing his business. It did solve the kicked-litter problem. But it turns out that Tybalt (the cat) had no problem jumping completely out of the condom directly from the litterbox. Still, a lot better than nothing. I recommend it.
James1588 is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:49 PM   #10
skbinks
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

It's not the light stuff but I use "Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal Multi-cat Litter" and it is the only litter I have found that clumps really good and is actually dust free. I've tried others that say they are dust free, but still have to wear a dang mask to use them. If you clean it regularly you also don't need to throw it out, just add more as needed.

I have to say, I LOVE pussy.

skbinks is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:30 PM   #11
sexpistol
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
In a fit of being COMPLETELY female the other night, I wrote about my complaint.

I'll admit, it's probably the WORSE topic that I've ever started. Wait. I take that back. But it's right up there as one of the worse.

Anyway, your response made me laugh. You're right, it belongs in that damn awful litter box.
Don't worry Elizabeth. I usually get a kick out of your discussions and comments anyway. I like your sense of humor.
sexpistol is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:35 AM   #12
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

I'm tempted to purchase the equipment & kit to train my cats to use the toilet (don't laugh...the videos show it works if you take the time to teach / train them). I'm sick of cleaning cat litter that ends up in areas of the house I didn't think possible and am ready to find an alternate way.

That is, if it REALLY works (and if my cats are bright enuff to change their ways, of course). Has anyone else tried this technique (or does it look totally bogus)?

If it does work, I'll save a fortune in cat litter.....the two felines I've got poop & pee like of couple of St Bernards.
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:30 PM   #13
BBW Katrina
A Fucking Amazon

User ID: 78431
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbinks View Post
It's not the light stuff but I use "Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal Multi-cat Litter" and it is the only litter I have found that clumps really good and is actually dust free. I've tried others that say they are dust free, but still have to wear a dang mask to use them. If you clean it regularly you also don't need to throw it out, just add more as needed.

I have to say, I LOVE pussy.

I agree. It is definitely more pricey, but it works better than any litter I have ever used. That lightweight crap is for the birds!
I won't buy anything else after using this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hdl-115_1z.jpg (324.7 KB, 55 views)
BBW Katrina is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:15 PM   #14
Guest041816-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 5057
My ECCIE Reviews

Love the post.

I bought it as well didn't work the only thing It was good for easy to carry up the stairs. LOL
Guest041816-1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:50 AM   #15
oden
Valued Poster

My cat stays outside where he can do his job which is to keep vermin away and snakes at bay.
oden is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women