Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
test
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70722
biomed162786
Yssup Rider60477
gman4453240
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48490
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41863
CryptKicker37190
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36245
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: If you have the opportunity to do business with someone you know from here how do you handle it?
I would mention our common interests discretely and let them decide 23 38.33%
I would go forward and never mention out common interest 21 35.00%
I would go forward and mention our common interest after compleing the transaction 2 3.33%
I would refer it to an associate and stay out of it entirely 2 3.33%
I would ignore the opportunity 5 8.33%
I would use our common interests to my advantage to help "close the deal" if needed! 7 11.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
Whispers
Hope I haven't bored you!

Encounters: 22
Default Would you do Business (outside of the Hobby) with someone you know from here?

Late last Summer a member of this community responded to an Ad I was running on a Website relating to the Business I was in.

He had a rather unique Email Address that I thought I recognized and went online and sure enough He was a member of this community.

Rather than risk any potential for awkwardness and because his wife would be a part of any transaction that might occur I referred the lead to a partner to handle and followup on.

They never actually did anything at the time and MAY still be in the market. And considering the current market it is a lead worth pursuing.

What's your opinion on a situation regarding business outside the hobby?

Whispers is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
Guest021510
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

Me and REB do business together all the time. I have also been asked or approached with business questions, etc, several times as well by many other members. I would be upfront about it but also reassure them your discretion. When REB did my refinance he didn't blurt out in front of my SO, "Hey Big Pimpin, so how big were Trisha Dreams boobs again?"
Guest021510 is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
hungryjonny
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 8

There have been threads posted describing situations similar to this, specifically men accounts of seeing providers in supermarkets or around town outside of the hobby world and how to handle it. If i recall correctly the crux of those encounters were that the discretion expected by both parties allows for a nod of recognition, but never revealing what it is that associates the two parties. I believe TGFBI nailed when he says there's nothing wrong with acknowledging the interest since the expectation of discretion is not limited to providers and ourselves; it's expected of the entire community.
hungryjonny is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
Simply Alisha
~Petite Lover's Dream~

User ID: 772
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

At one time, a few years back, my tax accountant was a client of mine. He did my taxes for several years.

It was a bit awkward at the beginning. Afterall, he got every possible piece of personal info about me, placed directly in his hands. I never had an issue with him. He doesn't do my taxes anymore....I changed when I bought a company that came with an accountant, but I still refer him to ladies in the business.

And, I've done some banking business with another client of mine, as well.

I'm not the most trusting soul, I'll admit. And I was very careful about making the decision to blend the 2 lives. But, I wouldn't say I recommend anybody to do what I did. It can be very risky, especially if personal info is being exchanged.

Alisha....xoxo
Simply Alisha is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #5
chipper
Ambassador

Encounters: 25
My ECCIE Reviews

There are a lot of people that I have met in the "Hobby" that I would do business with outside of it. There are also some that I would not do business with. I would not let the "Hobby" dictate my business practices.
chipper is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
RALPHEY BOY
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGFBI View Post
Me and REB do business together all the time. I have also been asked or approached with business questions, etc, several times as well by many other members. I would be upfront about it but also reassure them your discretion. When REB did my refinance he didn't blurt out in front of my SO, "Hey Big Pimpin, so how big were Trisha Dreams boobs again?"
No I did not out Big Pimpin', not in my best interest, he is big strong man.. ..

REB has done a few deals for some hobby buddies and all went very well..

So yes I would
RALPHEY BOY is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:08 PM   #7
Risn2TheOccasion
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

I have and would again. A few times with both of us knowing, once with them not knowing at all.

I remember two providers walking into my store once about 2 years ago. I immediately recognized them from their web pages, but neither of them ever knew. I continued just as I would with any other customer. One of them bought a very nice mattress set from me.
Risn2TheOccasion is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #8
AustinBusinessTraveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

I would not even think twice about it. As Whispers said, no lead is too thin to follow these days... or any day for that matter.
AustinBusinessTraveler is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #9
Spacemtn
Valued Poster

Hell yes, I would do business with someone from here. It kind of gives new meaning to the term "social networking"!!!
Spacemtn is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #10
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 62

If you are doing business with an accountant, banker, doctor, lawyer, or any other licensed proffessional I don't think you have anything to worry about. If they were to use your personal information to harass you etc... there are grave repercussions for using their proffession in that way.

Now if you are dealing with a used car salesman, telemarketer, psychic, etc... and there are not guilds or trade organizations or specific laws governing their business practices, then I would steer clear.

Whispers, I say do the deal, then go with your gut on whether or not to bring up the hobby.
rekcaSxT is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #11
Spacemtn
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcaSxT View Post
If you are doing business with an accountant, banker, doctor, lawyer, or any other licensed proffessional I don't think you have anything to worry about. If they were to use your personal information to harass you etc... there are grave repercussions for using their proffession in that way.

Now if you are dealing with a used car salesman, telemarketer, psychic, etc... and there are not guilds or trade organizations or specific laws governing their business practices, then I would steer clear.

Whispers, I say do the deal, then go with your gut on whether or not to bring up the hobby.
Actually, auto dealers have some of the most stringent privacy rules and oversight in today's business world. They are also licensed by the state of Texas just like the other professionals that you mentioned.
Spacemtn is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:21 PM   #12
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 62

I stand corrected.
rekcaSxT is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #13
Whispers
Hope I haven't bored you!

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemtn View Post
Actually, auto dealers have some of the most stringent privacy rules and oversight in today's business world. They are also licensed by the state of Texas just like the other professionals that you mentioned.
The Dealerships may be licensed but the Sales Staff are not.... So the system brakes down at that level...

I've worked the floor of a few dealerships over the years and belive me.... Cut a deal to buy a car.... then back out and don't be surprised where your personal info lands....

I knew more than a few with lousy attitudes that will feed ya to the wolves.
Whispers is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:22 PM   #14
VictoriaLyn
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2709
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I have and will again esp since it gives me a chance to give my money back in a weird way.....(I hope that makes sense to more then just me lol).....
VictoriaLyn is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:03 AM   #15
SofaKingFun
Unfuckwithable

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
The Dealerships may be licensed but the Sales Staff are not.... So the system brakes down at that level...

I've worked the floor of a few dealerships over the years and belive me.... Cut a deal to buy a car.... then back out and don't be surprised where your personal info lands....

I knew more than a few with lousy attitudes that will feed ya to the wolves.
Sure, but you're painting a lot of people with a very large brush.
That can and does happen in ANY industry.
There are good people and bad people in any walk of life.

It all boils down to the integrity of that individual and developing a trust
in order for a business relationship to be successful and healthy.

Yes, I've done business with some people in the hobby.
Just like in real life, we keep this world and that world sectioned-off and separated.
Discretion is extended as well as expected and trust plays a huge part in the deal.

By the same token, there are some people I would never deal with.
But yes, I have and it's been mutually beneficial.

SofaKingFun is offline   Quote