Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70709
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48441
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41545
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35921
Mojojo33117

Old 02-01-2015, 09:05 PM   #1
ca1962
Valued Poster

Encounters: 51
Default Worst Play Call Ever in Super Bowl?

Was that slant pass at the 1 yard line the worst call ever made in a Super Bow?. You've got the best power running back in the league, three more tries to score, and you throw a pass in the middle of a crowd where anything can happen. I just don't understand it.
FYI - I didn't have strong feelings for either team, but was kind of hoping Seattle would win at the end.
ca1962 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:26 PM   #2
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

probably is the worst call ever, and I'm glad the Seahawks folded.. couldn't happen to more deserving guys.. Jackasses..

I would have faked a handoff to Lynch, and run Wilson for the easy one-yard score through the hole that would have developed..

nobody asked me though..
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:28 PM   #3
Lunytunz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

UNBELIEVABLE call. The worst play call in a game I have ever seen. 2nd and goal on the half yard line with the super bowl on the line...I'll be interested to see who was responsible for that call...the OC from the booth? Pete Carroll? Wilson play check at the line? They had the game won. I, as well, did not really care for either team, however that play call I just do not understand. Shame to lose, for any team, on a bone headed call like that.
Lunytunz is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:43 PM   #4
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

The unsportsmanlike penalty was the stupidest play in the game.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:48 PM   #5
Fawlty
Account Disabled

I can't remember that bad of a call in all the other Super Bowls I have seen. Even if the pass had been completed for a touchdown it still would have been the wrong call, just with a more fortunate result.

Partying with among others a few football coaches and officials, we were all expecting a run by Lynch or a fake to him and keeper by Wilson. Boy, were we surprised, esecially one dude who lost a sizeable bet. I couldn't have cared less, but he was pissed.
Fawlty is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:04 PM   #6
ftango4
Valued Poster

Don't know who called the play on the Seattle side, but total brain fart
Seahawks. The Mob had to be involved. lol so much for defuckgate/ballgauze!
ftango4 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:12 PM   #7
TexasCowboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

There would of been a lot of trash talking from the Seattle players, now they get to shut the hell up.....They were not as good as they thought and most acted like a bunch of JackAsses the whole two weeks leading up to todays game....The Cowboys were watching on their Big Screens yet another year....
TexasCowboy is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:23 PM   #8
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

It's low hanging fruit to criticize Carroll (or his OC) for calling a pass play instead of simply punching it in with Lynch or Wilson doing a QB keeper.....but what shouldn't get lost in all the finger-pointing is the fact the Patriots rookie DB recognized the call instantly. He broke on the ball right as Wilson released it and simply put; he made a fantastic play. And one that'll be talked about for years to come, I'm pretty certain.
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:34 PM   #9
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56

Yes, Worst call in history easily!! A hate it for the amazing QB who tried to execute it but good for the free agent humble cornback who stole the show! The Super Bowl I can Ever remember seeing.
8701 is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:33 AM   #10
Guest042715
Account Disabled

Encounters: 83

"You mad bro?"

Dumbasses!
Guest042715 is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:58 AM   #11
L.A.
Valued Poster

Encounters: 71

There is no way any coach, player, announcer, anybody in the universe can justify that play call.
That's one of the biggest bonehead calls I've ever seen in the NFL. The outcome of the play is irrelevant...it was just plain stupid. You are almost certain Lynch will score from the 1 on 2nd down. You still have a timeout and plenty of time. There is NO way in hell Lynch won't score from the 1 with 3 chances and a time out. Unbelievable.

And what's up with the Pats not calling a time out when Seattle got down to the 1 and were about to score? They let valuable time just tick away when it was almost guaranteed Seattle would score.

Still a very entertaining game and thankfully to the stupid coaching it gives us something to talk about.
L.A. is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:31 AM   #12
elcalifa
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

So bad this schitt almost seems fixed. Anyway, entertaining game way better than last year.
elcalifa is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:47 AM   #13
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Y'all need to think back, Pete Carroll has made questionable calls when the game was on the line in the past......

Almost ten years ago.....USC vs TEXAS in the National Championship game, his Trojans were up 38-33 with 2 minutes remaining in the game......USC had possession and was attempting to run out the clock.

Facing 4th and 2 at mid-field Pete decided against flipping the field & punting Texas deep. Despite the fact Pete had two Heisman Trophy players in his backfield, Carroll called for rb Lendale White to slam into the Longhorns' defense once again. USC came up inches short....Vince Young took over.....and the rest as they say is history.

After that game, reporters quizzed why Pete didn't punt it....why Reggie Bush wasn't on the field for the game's most crucial play....and why he ran White into an obviously stacked box? Pete explained he never plays it safe / conservative and he'd do it again if given the chance. I've no idea if those circumstances entered his mind last night. Maybe it was his own stubbornness or ego / arrogance that made that call....who knows? Running Marshawn once again would've made sense, no doubt....but we'll never know.

I do know his team will have a difficult time getting over this one. When it was Money Time, this game...this championship was for the taking and (in their collective opinion) they simply blew it on that one play. And the inevitable decision for that called play falls entirely on Carroll's shoulders (although this great Seahawk's defense has to share some blame, too......blowing a 10 point 4th quarter lead is on them, not their head coach). Again, kuddos go out to Tom Brady for being brilliant when most qb's would have fallen short. Passing the ball 50+ times in a Super Bowl and coming up victorious? Amazing.
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:20 AM   #14
DSK
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau Becot View Post
It's low hanging fruit to criticize Carroll (or his OC) for calling a pass play instead of simply punching it in with Lynch or Wilson doing a QB keeper.....but what shouldn't get lost in all the finger-pointing is the fact the Patriots rookie DB recognized the call instantly. He broke on the ball right as Wilson released it and simply put; he made a fantastic play. And one that'll be talked about for years to come, I'm pretty certain.
I think you are right. He made a really terrific play. Plus, a coach can't always do the obvious thing. Carrol being hard to predict helped get him to that point.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:10 PM   #15
just4funindfw
Account Disabled

Encounters: 34

Either the SB is fixed with Patriots winning it all, or Seattle got a bunch of dumb ass coaches in calling a pass play instead of a run with Lynch. Seattle deserves to lose for making such a dumb ass call.
just4funindfw is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women