Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70705
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60325
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48427
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41463
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35825
Mojojo33117

Old 12-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29
Default 2013 Steelers in review

Okay, they just missed the playoffs. They weren't a serious Super Bowl contender anyway. Let's take an objective look and see what they need.

Front office: nobodies going anywhere, including Haley. Maybe Lebeau retires. Colbert and Tomlin stay.

Offense: looks like Ben and Haley are in the same page. Ben played like an elite QB in the second half of the season. Didn't take stupid sacks, distributed the ball quickly. Bell looks like a winner and they find some guys who can block. Recievers are pretty good. I would like to see them draft a TE. Notre Dame has a 6'7", 260lb guy who can block and catch. Their O is on the right track.

Defense: here's the problem. Their secondary is old and needs revamped. They can't cover or tackle. Troy, Ike and Ryan are past it. Easier said than done. DL, Heyward has emerged as a player. But Kiesel is old and prolly done. McClendon is serviceable. Hood is a bust. Could use some help here. LB seems to be ok. Woodly is gone. Williams was a big plus this year. He can play. Worlids and Jones have potential. Timmons is very good.

Special teams: Suisam missed a few clutch kicks this year. That's a problem. The punter sucks. But they did cover returns much better this year.

Draft: secondary, DL, TE, look at some new kickers
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:46 AM   #2
OMGitsHuge
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Well I don't think you are to far off the mark Bam but I have a slightly different take.

Front office......... yeah........ nobody is going anywhere. I don't know if that's a good thing but I guess they could do worse.

Offense....... Not their biggest need but it does have holes. Bell is the real deal. He is the best back they have had since Bettis. Ben isn't a problem but he did not play like an elite quarterback this year like he has in the past. Ben needs to develop more pocket awareness and stop trying to extend every third down play. Wide receiver could use an upgrade. Sanders and Cotchery are not good enough.The O line could use a healthy season.

Defense.......... They need help all the way around I don't even know where to start. I guess I would start with the secondary and work forward from there. Linebackers with the exception of Timmons are not very good. D line is sorely lacking a stud.

Special Teams........ Who gives a fuck. Just find someone to kick the ball. Coverage was better this year but coverage should never be a problem . A true return threat would be nice but hey they are few and far between.

Draft........DB,,,,,,LB,,,,,,, WR,,,,,,DL Never draft a kicker. unless you have no holes......find a couple of kickers somewhere, anywhere, to come in and compete.
OMGitsHuge is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 53

They better not fuckin pay Worilds. Seriously, 7 good games in 4 years does not deserve a big fat contract extension. I agree Woodley needs to go but paying Worilds at this point is a bigger mistake than paying Woodley. And I doubt Woodley is going anywhere this year, he counts 14 mil against the cap if we keep him and 10 if he's gone. Who are we gonna get for 4 mil to replace him?

Ike is in the same boat, he just restructured mid season, he wont go anywhere, it would cost too much. Polamalu isnt going anywhere either, he finally figured out how to stop getting hurt. Kiesel will go and hopefully Foote. They are something like 10 mil over the cap for next year and they dont have enough DLs under contract to field a team, next year isnt looking so pretty right about now
AmishGangster is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
eaglehorse
Valued Poster

It is the quality of players now in the league. 20 years ago you would hire these guys to play on special teams. Agree will all above, except with Ben, get the cash now for him, re-build O line plus, defensive front 7. Running game has improved.
eaglehorse is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amishgangster View Post
They better not fuckin pay Worilds. Seriously, 7 good games in 4 years does not deserve a big fat contract extension. I agree Woodley needs to go but paying Worilds at this point is a bigger mistake than paying Woodley. And I doubt Woodley is going anywhere this year, he counts 14 mil against the cap if we keep him and 10 if he's gone. Who are we gonna get for 4 mil to replace him?

Ike is in the same boat, he just restructured mid season, he wont go anywhere, it would cost too much. Polamalu isnt going anywhere either, he finally figured out how to stop getting hurt. Kiesel will go and hopefully Foote. They are something like 10 mil over the cap for next year and they dont have enough DLs under contract to field a team, next year isnt looking so pretty right about now
You would rather pay Woodley 14mil not to play instead of 10mil not to play? Even when he's on the field you can't tell. Fuckin kumquat.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
You would rather pay Woodley 14mil not to play instead of 10mil not to play? Even when he's on the field you can't tell. Fuckin kumquat.
I say we move him to DE, he cant be any worse than Ziggy
Old 12-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
He prolly weighs more than Hood now.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

He might weigh more than Hampton by now
Old 12-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #9
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

I guess it sucks for Steelers fans not making the playoffs as it does that the Iggles did.

I was a Philly fan last night, for sure.

Better luck next year. Missing the playoffs sucks ... whether you win your last game or lose your last 14!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:10 PM   #10
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
I guess it sucks for Steelers fans not making the playoffs as it does that the Iggles did.

I was a Philly fan last night, for sure.

Better luck next year. Missing the playoffs sucks ... whether you win your last game or lose your last 14!
Nah, nobody here gives a fuck about the Eagles, they're irrelevant.. Plus, the Pens will kick the Flyers asses.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:29 PM   #11
Guest082824
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25
Default Thanks "Babe", not too much talk about my Steelers down in H-Town...

Quote:
Okay, they just missed the playoffs. They weren't a serious Super Bowl contender anyway. Let's take an objective look and see what they need.
True...but it would have been nice

Front office: nobodies going anywhere, including Haley. Maybe Lebeau retires. Colbert and Tomlin stay.
Agreed, personally I'd like LeBeau to coach until he dies...he can still coach. The defense, especially the DB's, just need youth!

Offense: looks like Ben and Haley are in the same page. Ben played like an elite QB in the second half of the season. Didn't take stupid sacks, distributed the ball quickly. Bell looks like a winner and they find some guys who can block. Recievers are pretty good. I would like to see them draft a TE. Notre Dame has a 6'7", 260lb guy who can block and catch. Their O is on the right track.
Ben is Ben, he's not holding the ball as long as he did in the past but he's always going to hold it longer than most QB's. I LOVE Bell, he will be great if he stays healthy. We still need one more WR I think...is Plax too old?
Agree on drafting a TE. I'd still like to see another "good" OL drafted or FA, something...and find out why in the hell Pouncey can't stay healthy, or is he just the unluckiest Bastard alive

Defense: here's the problem. Their secondary is old and needs revamped. They can't cover or tackle. Troy, Ike and Ryan are past it. Easier said than done. DL, Heyward has emerged as a player. But Kiesel is old and prolly done. McClendon is serviceable. Hood is a bust. Could use some help here. LB seems to be ok. Woodly is gone. Williams was a big plus this year. He can play. Worlids and Jones have potential. Timmons is very good.
Troy has slowed down, Rev Ike gets too much credit for being an "elite CB", never made the Pro-Bowl, wonder why
Ryan's a hitter but he never did have great range that a FS needs and he's even slower now.
My crazy idea....Move Troy to FS, give him a couple of more years in the league, IDK what the hell to do with Clark, is his contract up? And get a "better" CB, then tell good ole Rev Ike to keep his Ego in check when he's not covering the other teams #1 WR anymore...

I love the LB's and I would love to see Woodley move to DE, didn't he play that at Michigan? DL...well, yeah, help is needed.

Special teams: Suisam missed a few clutch kicks this year. That's a problem. The punter sucks. But they did cover returns much better this year.
They can get a P/K damn near anywhere....Brown is a beast in the return game but how long do they let him do that considering he's the best option at WR right now...

Draft: secondary, DL, TE, look at some new kickers
Agreed but I'd throw OL in the mix, DB's first and foremost of course unless they can get some real good DL's.
Average DB's can cover longer with a great pass rush...even great DB's can't cover a WR all day with an average to "NO" pass rush

Quote:
Not a bad idea...and I agree on not paying Worilds
Guest082824 is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:22 PM   #12
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickEmDown View Post
Not a bad idea...and I agree on not paying Worilds
Rumor has it that Taylor has talked to Tomlin about switching to safety. Who knows. If the fucker could catch he would have made a few pro bowls. They might draft Nix from ND. 6'4" 340lb nose tackle, they could move McClendon to DE which is a better position for him.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:32 PM   #13
Guest082824
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Rumor has it that Taylor has talked to Tomlin about switching to safety. Who knows. If the fucker could catch he would have made a few pro bowls. They might draft Nix from ND. 6'4" 340lb nose tackle, they could move McClendon to DE which is a better position for him.
True...he'd probably have to Steeler record for INT's. Nah, doubt he'd have more than Blount

I think Nix would be a good fit!
Guest082824 is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:07 PM   #14
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickEmDown View Post
True...he'd probably have to Steeler record for INT's. Nah, doubt he'd have more than Blount

I think Nix would be a good fit!
If the NFL had a stat for dropped ints, Ike would be the Alltime leader.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:35 PM   #15
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 16

the secondary would be fine if they had a good nasty guy on the def line.

I dont think people realize how good arron smith and casey were on that line
chizzy is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women