Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162376
Yssup Rider60212
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48391
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41259
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35640
Mojojo33117

Old 07-23-2015, 02:35 PM   #1
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default When did the right thing to do become the RARE thing to do?

Somebody asked me today why I'm "nice?" Why do I recommend other providers, why do I give (unsolicited, granted) advice, why did I start the newbie-friendly thread, why don't I point out egregious stupidity (okay, I'm being facetious now), why do I often use humor in an attempt to diffuse treads that go seriously south, why am I not MORE out for myself since, as an individual, I should be the most important person in my world?

Personally, I think I'm more naughty than nice, but whatever, and I'm certainly selfish at times.

Part of what I do and the way I do it is because I believe that I only strike the Fancy of a select audience, and I'm perfectly okay with that. I don't feel like I'm in competition with the entire world of hookerdom, so if I'm not available or can't meet a fellow's needs, why NOT point him to someone who can? Or share a better (or at least different) way of doing things with others?

However, the rest of it is just because I feel it's the right thing to do, not being snarky (well, most of the time), not stirring the pot with the stick of drama, being helpful when I have time and notice a need. I practice this in my personal life, too, doing what I can, even if more limited than I'd like.

Got me to contemplating... When did the right thing to do become the RARE thing to do?

We see it all the time in the "real world," regular people who would never commit an outright crime but who look (or run) away when something bad is going on, even if just a phone call to the authorities would make a difference.

People who toss trash out windows thoughtlessly when driving make me mad, or leave their refuse behind at beaches and parks, but what about those who walk right past a can or wrapper or broken glass that could cause injury when such could easily be disposed of if they just bent a leg or arm?

When you see an incapacitated person struggling with parcels or groceries, have you taken a few moments to help pick up what they dropped and carry their burden for them?

How many times have you driven past a senior citizen or a mother with a brood of children with a flat tire looking helpless by the side of the road?

One of your co-workers is obviously overwhelmed. Could you take an hour and do some simple task for this person? Make copies of the meeting agenda?

The neighbor lady is sick. Could you feed and/or walk her dog?

Not trying to get on any soapbox here, but as a society, we have become lazy and so self-involved we often don't notice much around us, or care. Really, what is the last "nice" act you engaged in with no thought of the reward OTHER than making another person, perhaps a complete stranger, feel good? (Leave sex out of it for once. No fair using the "I ate her for an hour and she came 3 times before I got my pants off" story.)

Little things are what faith, hope, and charity are all about. Doesn't need to have anything to do with religion, blind allegiance, or giving money to big organizations. (I worship the backwards-spelled deity DOG, who wants all creatures to have full bellies and coexist in happiness, except squeaky toys, and fleas. They can die.)

What is the last right, rare thing you did?
Fancyinheels is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:45 PM   #2
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

I called a hooker out on an obvious threAD...Does that count?
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:47 PM   #3
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
I called a hooker out on an obvious threAD...Does that count?

You do that ALL the time, so it isn't rare.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:34 PM   #4
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

It's not as rare as you suggest; hell, it's not even uncommon. Most people do, actually.

Irish tart, please don't go all Zanzitard up in here, Uriah Heeping the way along his Pathway of Virtue.
Don T. Lukbak is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:57 PM   #5
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak View Post
It's not as rare as you suggest; hell, it's not even uncommon. Most people do, actually.

Irish tart, please don't go all Zanzitard up in here, Uriah Heeping the way along his Pathway of Virtue.
Splendid to hear. Sometimes I worry about the human race, especially reading some of the posts HERE.

Just feeling pensive today. Am going to the pub later, after a stop at Sonic to commemorate National Hot Dog Day with $1 chilli-cheese Coneys. (Yea for wieners of ANY sort!) I'll be back to my sassy self after that, following the Zen of the Leprechaun; embrace the pot o' gold and dance a jig with a jigger!

Hey, who said anything about virtue? I lost that decades ago to a nice young lad going into the Navy. I scaled his mast, his sea-men pulled up anchor, and I floated his boat.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #6
dream-big
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

I would like to think that doing the right thing is not a rare deed in our society. Having said that, unfortunately, many of us become self-absorbed in our daily stress/problems and often lose sight of life's priorities.

Maybe I was (luckily) raised different, but I was brought up to be aware of the people around me and help those in need. Sometimes, all it takes is to smile at a stranger and ask how they are doing…I've literally taken off my sweatshirt for a homeless person during a snowstorm.

Am I saint and a teddy bear…far from it; I gave that up 21 years ago when I joined the Marine Corps! After all, we take pride in claiming quotes like "uncommon valor was a common virtue" … and "no better friend, no worst enemy."

While someone will call this a threAD, I'm glad the OP posted this topic…it's always good to have an unexpected moment of self reflection.
dream-big is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:40 PM   #7
Guest123018
Account Disabled

User ID: 68788
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels View Post
When did the right thing to do become the RARE thing to do?
I try and be helpful all the time. Shame some folks take kindness the wrong way
Guest123018 is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:40 PM   #8
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream-big View Post
Am I saint and a teddy bear…far from it; I gave that up 21 years ago when I joined the Marine Corps! After all, we take pride in claiming quotes like "uncommon valor was a common virtue" … and "no better friend, no worst enemy."
The typical Marine 'cruit has a heart softer than most...at least it was when I was in boot in '59...get that little bitty monthly pay and couldn't hardly get off the base before it all got gave to winos with stories of heartbreak.

...and as they grow older and wiser in the ways of the world, most of the ones I knew kept the soft hearts. Oh, they'll bend your nose in a second...sometimes just for fun...but they'll also give you their last dollar if you need it worse than he does.
Don T. Lukbak is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:36 AM   #9
Guest030816
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

"Random Acts Of Kindness", doing the right thing, may not be a rarity. But it is becoming more scarce than it once was. Maybe it's a sign of us growing old, (the over 50 crowd) where we remember kindness and civility as an everyday occurrence. Part of being advanced in years is gaining vast experiences and memories, and often we've seen our kindnesses abused or taken for granted. Making us less likely to do so in the future. Once at a gas station I granted a lady's request to help her pump her gas. Her only problem was she was morbidly obese and would have been difficult for her to get in and out of the car. After getting her gas for her, she didn't even have the decency to say thank you. Just an example, I too have literally taken the shirt off my back to give to a homeless man before. And at least he appreciated it. Would probably do the same again if the situation presented itself. The coming generations... ugh, I doubt the majority of which would put another's needs ahead of their own. my $.02
Guest030816 is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:59 AM   #10
explorer317
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5

Reality TV would have you believe being a douche is the norm, and the only way to get ahead in life, but they are the bottom of society.
explorer317 is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:17 AM   #11
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Hardhat View Post
"Random Acts Of Kindness", doing the right thing, may not be a rarity. But it is becoming more scarce than it once was. Maybe it's a sign of us growing old, (the over 50 crowd) where we remember kindness and civility as an everyday occurrence. Part of being advanced in years is gaining vast experiences and memories, and often we've seen our kindnesses abused or taken for granted. Making us less likely to do so in the future...
Having trod the planet for 55 years, that's sort of where I was coming from. I am an observer, and when I get tired of the mall, amusement park, beach, park, bar, wherever, I just sit down and take in my surroundings and the nearby people. (Voyeur alert!) I would like to think doing the right thing isn't rare, but that hasn't been my experience watching the general human population for the last decade, anyway.

Some of the toughest sum-bitches I ever knew, soldiers, cops, bikers, rough-housing rednecks, crusty sailors, were also the kindest. They were raised with respect for life, and that is something we seem to be seeing less of, what with all the violence in the world. Another mass shooting at a theater just last night, and worth noting that a teacher threw herself in front of someone else to protect them, taking a bullet, and yet she had the presence of mind to pull the fire alarm to warn others.

THAT was a very right, very rare thing to do, and I am heartened to hear of such heroism, but we can all be everyday heroes. (My chihuahuas think I am amazing when I "rescue" chicken nuggets out of the fridge for them. )

In my opinion, Reality TV is a rot upon entertainment. WHO the f*** goes on these shows that they need attention so much? And why do the fellows on Springer or Maury always look so deer-in-the-headlights surprised when they are accused of whatever? Duh, why do they think they were asked to appear in the first place?
Old 07-24-2015, 12:54 PM   #12
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels View Post

You do that ALL the time, so it isn't rare.
Butt, it's the right thing to do...
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 01:51 PM   #13
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
Butt, it's the right thing to do...
I've been waiting for you to say that.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:34 PM   #14
silverstate53
Account Disabled

Encounters: 251

Fancy darling cream always rises to the top and you are the cream - sometimes flies buzz the sweet cream - just have to shoo them away
silverstate53 is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:09 PM   #15
Guest062217
Valued Poster

Encounters: 63

Fancy....Fancy.....Fancy...... .that tread made think it's about time you receive some SNL Italian Sausage......just sayin'
Guest062217 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women