Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162376
Yssup Rider60212
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48391
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41259
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35639
Mojojo33117

Old 07-19-2015, 03:37 PM   #1
oneminuteman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37
Default Fast Diet

I know dieting is probably not a hot topic on this board, but I figured both providers and hobbyists alike stand to benefit, so here goes.

My sister recently told me about the "Fast Diet" which involves fasting (eating 25% of your normal daily calories) once (maintenance model) or twice (for weight loss) a week. On non fast days you can eat what you normally would eat (but don't overeat to compensate for the fast day).

There are also lots of potential health benefits, though in most cases trials have only been done on mice, so there is no scientific proof those benefits will accrue to a human.

I was just on vacation and fasted on travel days and was surprised how easy it was. Never really got hungry as long as I drank lots of water. Obviously, you should read the book and talk to your doctor before starting.

Links if you want to know more

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/

http://www.amazon.com/The-FastDiet-R.../dp/150110201X
oneminuteman is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:53 PM   #2
mr666
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

I half ass tried this for a month. No difference.
mr666 is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:00 PM   #3
oneminuteman
Valued Poster

People's bodies are different and they may respond differently. It could be possible that you won't see results after a month, while others could see results immediately. Another possible reason could lie in what "half ass" means.
Old 07-19-2015, 05:20 PM   #4
Oralist
Premium Access

Encounters: 128

I have a friend that went to his doctor and asked for something to help him lose weight. The doctor wrote him a prescription and handed it to him.

"Food x 1/2, exercise x 2".

Tried the prescription. 37 lbs. lost and counting. Goal is 100 lbs
Oralist is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:31 PM   #5
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43

saving money = spending less than income

losing weight = burning more energy than consuming
GlobeSpotter is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 04:37 AM   #6
spear88
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

I fast like that for 5 days, skip 5 weeks then do it again. (not a total fast I eat one small can of tuna, one boiled egg, and one half an apple per day, for an active adult male that is not very many calories but it does make the fast much easier)

It is actually easy to do if you drink plenty of mineral water or lemon water. But by the fifth day you will feel lethargic and weak.

The reason I do it every 5 weeks is because of the health benefits. It sort of resets your glycemic index in your body and helps with weight control.
spear88 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:19 PM   #7
anita
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 41999
My ECCIE Reviews

If people want to lose weight, I suggest they eat veggies and fruits only. A bowl of cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and bell pepper is as filling as fries and steak. Also, only drink water and tea. Add half hour of workout. You will see results. Diet plans never worked for me.
anita is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:29 PM   #8
oneminuteman
Valued Poster

@Oralist & @Globespotter Obviously that's the best way to lose weight. The point of fasting is it allows those with less will power to lose weight by only changing their habits on 2 out of every seven days

Like @Spear88 mentioned, you will get better results if you chose foods with a low GI on fast days. You also increase the effect of your repair genes when they are activated during the fast

@Anita An unintended consequence of doing the fast diet is that many people start to naturally desire healthy foods like vegetables, i.e. you sneaky trick your brain into liking healthy foods
Old 07-20-2015, 07:36 PM   #9
frankocean187
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

A guide to Intermittent Fasting:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=146880263

IIFYM: If It fits your macros:
http://iifym.com/introduction-to-iifym/

Carb Cycling: Keto Diet
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=120288141
frankocean187 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:25 PM   #10
CycMike
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Fasting can only go so far.
Eating only fruits and veggies will not last for most people.
Skipping foods your body needs leads to cravings which are most easily satisfied by cramming donuts, chips, fries, soda etc down your throat. But those foods do not satisfy for long and your cravings take over and you get hungry again quickly.
Eating low GI is a good idea always to keep insulin from spiking as that leads to diabetes/metabolic syndrome.
Weight lost through fasting/restrictive dieting etc is not usually permanently lost. Most people boomerang back, sometimes heavier.

Read:
Big Fat Surprise, Teicholz
Perfect Health Diet, Jaminet
Why We Get Fat and What to Do About It, Taubes
Eat the Yolks, Wolfe

There is more but this will be a good start. It will change the way you look at food and you will no longer crave the shallow promises of junk food.
CycMike is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:32 PM   #11
AllisonofHouston
Account Disabled

User ID: 9938
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycMike View Post

Eating low GI is a good idea always to keep insulin from spiking as that leads to diabetes/metabolic syndrome.
Weight lost through fasting/restrictive dieting etc is not usually permanently lost. Most people boomerang back, sometimes heavier.

There is more but this will be a good start. It will change the way you look at food and you will no longer crave the shallow promises of junk food.
Agreed , quick fixes rarely last long, surgeries and fasting and potions are just that , quick fixes. I've tried slim fast and cabbage soup all that stuff and the weight always came back , I've been doing weight watchers 3 years and have lost 80 pounds and have kept it off and am a lifetime member and feel so much healthier it has changed my relationship with food I can't even stand junk food , I love fruits and veggies and lean meats , plenty of water no cokes and I exercise . I love the way I feel , but while I was trying the quick fixes I felt yucky and sluggish and had zero energy .but that was my experience with it ..
AllisonofHouston is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:49 AM   #12
Oralist
Premium Access

Encounters: 128

I found that eating 1/2 the food, but eating what I want, works better for me than Atkins, fasting, etc. Pretty soon your stomach shrinks and you get full with less food. When you go to a restaurant, put 1/2 of it in a To Go box and enjoy the rest.

Another thing that has really helped is eliminating fast food and fried foods. I have always liked veggies, but have added more fruit to my diet.

I cheat a couple of times a week and enjoy a toasted bagel with cream cheese or a nice burger and fries. I get full with 1/2 of the burger and even less fries.
Oralist is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:29 AM   #13
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Here's your definitive ECCIE weight loss guide...

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...ghlight=eating
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:37 PM   #14
NikkiSecrets
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 227551
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks for the info OP. Def going to look into it been trying to diet and exercise a lot lately just can never find the best diet for me.
NikkiSecrets is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:34 PM   #15
oneminuteman
Valued Poster

Your welcome. I was trying to post in a way that was informative without being to preachy. I definitely recommend trying to read the book. If you don't want to buy it, you can drop by a book store read it for 30 minutes to an hour. That should be enough time to know whether or not it's something you want to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiSecrets View Post
Thanks for the info OP. Def going to look into it been trying to diet and exercise a lot lately just can never find the best diet for me.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women